Author Topic: My Machinae Dream  (Read 16977 times)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
Re: My Machinae Dream
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 02:32:00 pm »
We're all listening to I Know The Reaper and you're still discussing Hell as an afterlife?

Is it creepy that I actually was listening to "I Know the Reaper" while reading that?

No, because I Know The Reaper is the second best track on the album, therefore you'd much more likely be listening to it.

You are wrong. Fury clearly is better. And Oki Kuma's Adventure.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

MDX

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2006, 02:32:13 pm »
burnanyways VT have you received your Redeemer yet?

Laser Turret

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 02:50:54 pm »
We're all listening to I Know The Reaper and you're still discussing Hell as an afterlife?

Is it creepy that I actually was listening to "I Know the Reaper" while reading that?

No, because I Know The Reaper is the second best track on the album, therefore you'd much more likely be listening to it.

You are wrong. Fury clearly is better. And Oki Kuma's Adventure.

Indeed, Fury is clearly better, which is why I say I Know The Reaper is "second best". And Oki Kuma's Adventure comes third.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2006, 05:27:05 pm »
Wolfen's Weekly Linkage: http://www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/pre2000/i-event.html
Found it today. Christians amuse me.  ;)

WATCH EVENT HORIZON AND YOU'RE GOING TO HELL. HELL IS WHERE BAD PEOPLE GO.

Well, that might be true... I have seen Event Horizon -> I'm bad -> I'm going to hell. But only in their twisted minds. ;)
Dr. Weir: "You know nothing. Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse."

Lovely...Hell can't be such a bad place. It got all the good musicians, for sure.

Unfortunately, it also have all the lawyers. Except Tom Cruise from the Devils Advocate. Maybe.

You mean Keanu Reeves?

Also MDX: Yes, I have had it for quite some time.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2006, 06:42:25 pm »
Ehm, yeah. I mean Keanu Reeves.

Sorry, I mix those two up at times*. Knowing it was Keanu Reeves makes it at least allowable to enjoy that movie, though. Because it is a fairly acceptable movie.

Also, Aka, my point still stands. I mentioned two songs better than I Know the Reaper. It can't, as such, be the second best song. Though I'm willing to compromise, and give it the third place.

The competition is tough, though. I mean, Rogue World Asylum, Elite, Reanimator. Look at the team they've put together. It's All-Stars.

*it's strange, isn't it. We've got two completely different actors, only like in build, hair colour and the number of different faces they can make, and I mix them up. Might have been the slick Tom Cruise hairstyle that did it for me in Devils Advocate. Also, for the record, I would like to state that I can stand Keanu, but I have no respect for Tom Cruise.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2006, 08:05:13 pm »
I think Tom Cruise has his moments as an actor - most noteably, Jerry Mcguire and Mission Impossible one.

So does Keanu Reeves - The Devils advocate, Somethings got to give and of course bill and ted! he is also passable in speed in my opinion.

I also think that he is good as Thomas Anderson in The Matrix, but his performance takes a dive as Neo in the two sequels.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2006, 08:36:06 pm »
Well, they're both passable as actors, though not very good. Then again, it might just be that they mostly star in movies where there's not much room for showing off your skills*. Keanu Reeves was surprisingly good in the Devils Advocate, actually. And he's quite acceptable as Mr. Anderson. And Cruise has had a couple of good movies. It's not as if they're really sucky b-movie actors, it's just that they're slightly flat. They lack something of whatever makes up a good actor.

I still don't like Cruise, though.

*Like Natalie Portman as Padme. I was really surprised by her role as Evey in V.

Offline Aurin

• The Wired
    • aurinsusi.com
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2006, 09:14:56 pm »

*Wolfen shrugs and points at the christians.

Quote from: laser
Who the heck are you?

Laser Turret

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2006, 09:16:31 pm »

*Wolfen shrugs and points at the christians.

* Akakori (Laser) shakes fist at the Christians.

* Akakori (Laser) insists that Torp is deluded and I Know The Reaper is second best.

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2006, 11:43:57 pm »
Indeed, Fury is clearly better, which is why I say I Know The Reaper is "second best". And Oki Kuma's Adventure comes third.
Scary.
Fury, I Know The Reaper and Oki Kuma are number 9, 10 and 11 on my redeemer most played list.

Which is rather low because the end of this list is Rise and TTLG.

(low in the sense of a high number... well whatever...)
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Laser Turret

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2006, 12:51:10 am »
Scary.
Fury, I Know The Reaper and Oki Kuma are number 9, 10 and 11 on my redeemer most played list.

Which is rather low because the end of this list is Rise and TTLG.

(low in the sense of a high number... well whatever...)

Well it's evident that your backwards, or somewhere thereabouts.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2006, 12:58:49 am »
Makes galore bubbles with little soap!
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."