Author Topic: Redeemer impressions... with pics  (Read 21356 times)

Lysander

Re: Redeemer impressions... with pics
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 01:57:15 pm »
nice pics, but fury is bout a storm represented by a dragon

He can cover up for that, considering he drew a dragon anyway.  ;)

Offline KyleJCrb

• The Fury
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 02:01:35 pm »
That seems to be what the drawing represents as well, although it could be interpreted in any number of ways.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 02:33:01 pm »
I know, but drawing a dragon is more fun. :P It's just another way of reading the lyrics, a different little world to look into.

Laser: I thought about the undertone of Kaori as well, but in the end just considered it a love song with heavy music and attitude, rather than the usual sugar-sweet ones. These people are in love, but thier idea of a romantic evening is rocking out and jumping around to Machinae rather than going to a candle-lit restaurant. :)

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 02:41:43 pm »
Spiff, I must say I'm honestly and genuinly _very_ impressed.

Some of these drawings are pure genius, in my book, and even though they are not worked over enough,
I think the idea and the composition of almost all of them are wonderful.

I don't remember being this impressed by your previous work, but I must say it now, that you have true
talent and you should keep it up. You'll be an amazing artist, and with the FURY pic, I'd say you've already
succeeded.

If you have a devart account I'll add that pic to favs without hesitation. Furthermore it could have easily
been an album cover. I'm normally against affiliating dragons and swords and stuff with MS, but since
the drawing has the quality lineart and attributes of a comicbook image and not a fantasy image, it climbs
above in my eyes.

Impressive. I love it.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006, 02:45:07 pm »
robert approves  :D

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Spiff

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2006, 04:02:22 pm »
*Blush* Naw... you did the hard work by making the music that inspired me. :)

On the comment that they're not "worked over", I couldn't bring myself to shade or process any of the pictures except Fury, as I liked their simplistic style (and I was too tired). I'm sure Kaori would look better processed, but there's also something in its purity that disappears when shaded... so I think I'll call it finished.

I also came to think of Rhapsody (the symphonic metal band) when I drew the dragon, not wanting to make it too different from Machinae's style... so I made it as similar as I could to my previous Hybrid pic.

I don't have a Deviantart account, as drawing is too mentally and physically fatiguing. After almost two years of drawing my comic, 20 hours a week, I've become truly sick of drawing, and have returned to programming and pixel graphics. Looking at my homepage, it was nearly two years since I uploaded any pics. It'll probably be another few years until I find the strength to start drawing again, but when I listen to songs as inspiring as Machinae's, I gladly make an exception.

I kind of hoped you'd comment on Elite though. :p

Offline duo666

• :ennui:
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2006, 07:42:41 pm »
niiice :)
first one reminds me of the mission in jng.. uh.. ya know, this one with hero in backgroudn..
nice dragon :]
and about ranimator.. um.. you don't mind if i'll print this and stick to the wall to watch this when i wake up at the morning? :D
a solitude that asks nothing in return

MDX

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2006, 08:04:17 pm »
spiff, proud to know you. your interpretations make me curious of the redeemer album more so, look forward to interpretation time for myself =)

I'm surprised nobody commented on the interpretations, theyre so vivid, without even hearing the songs. I have a good piece of audio imagery in my head lol, if that makes any sense. and the drawings are breath taking, the best work you've done yet. The passion is definetly there, and the talent has grown big time.

Offline Obsi

• [ Lurkin' French Cheesecake ]
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2006, 08:11:54 pm »
Great ^^
Your work impresses me. I think I'm gonna print some if you don't mind ^^ (like duo666, but not only Reanimator... my fav is more Kaori Stomp... and Hate... and Rogue World Asylum, and I know the Reaper, and... OK, all ^^;;; )

About your interpretations, I had the chance to get the songs before the CD arrive (yes, temptation was stronger than poor little me, beat me !) and I agree with you... But am I the only one to say a ray of hope at the end of Ronin ? "All the world is yours to keep, all you have to do is walk with me"... I dunno, actually, but it sounds to me like as soon as you make good use of the "candle" hold by time to each of us, things can only get better.
OK... I'm not an English native speaker, so please correct my mistakes instead of just blame me for them v_v

Offline Spiff

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2006, 08:40:19 pm »
duo666: Yes, I was thinking of that mission when I came up with the Elite pic. :) But I wanted something even grander, and a large audience watching the performance. And who'd want to wake up to a bunch of zombies? :P

Obsi: Yeah, I hear that too... I didn't know how to fit it into the rest, and unfortunately I wasn't motivated enough to draw a better picture. I'm sure others can get very grand mental pictures from this song, it feels more majestic than Ninja on DXM.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2006, 09:40:58 pm »
Cute.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2006, 10:33:35 pm »
robert approves  :D

gordon does too!

MDX

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 10:34:27 pm »
how do you know of gordons approval? MIND POWERS? GIMME!

Lysander

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 10:47:17 pm »

gordon does too!

Urge to make epileptic animation using that picture...growing..

EDIT: This was my 666th post. OMGSATAN.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:51:33 pm by Lysander »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 11:33:08 pm »

This made me think of V for Vandetta :)

Very nice pics indeed, i really like the pic of Rogue World Aslyum.