Author Topic: New DDR simfile, and hopes for Redeemer simfiles...  (Read 8962 times)

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
Re: New DDR simfile, and hopes for Redeemer simfiles...
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 10:56:22 pm »
You're humble, aren't you? :P The link doesn't work though.

Since my Redeemer will arrive soon, time to start bugging the band about permission to make a simfile or two...
being humble is what I do! I do it so well infact...

yah, I don't know why the link doesn't work, works for me.
See why Massachusetts rocks? We have Slippy <.<

Offline cake

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 10:21:11 am »
haha, is this the show off your itg videos thread? well i dont want to be left out on this!

http://media.putfile.com/DDR---ITG---Determinator

this was last summer, june i think.

EDIT:

i like this one better...

http://media.putfile.com/bloodrush-doubs

somtiem like november i think
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:31:58 am by cake »

Offline Spiff

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 01:56:23 pm »
No, it was rather to show Death From Above. I never said I'm a good dancer, in fact you can hear me going wildly off-beat in that video with the sound turned up.

I've seen my share of Yasu performances and the like, so I'd be more interested in videos of people playing my simfiles in this thread. :P I'd like to see Annihilator on Heavy, to see if it's fun and danceable.

Offline cake

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 10:18:08 pm »
if i was at home, i would so try it for you. but since im not, ill check out the sm file.

EDIT:

first try

second try

Pros:
+I liked the song selection
+some of the steps were very nicely placed (i particularly like the JnG theme)
+Nice backround changes

Cons:
-Rough transitions, which are only a problem on the first  try when they take you by surprise
-For a few songs the steps could be harder and/or more on the music (sidology 3, terran assualt, probably some others)

overall i thought it was pretty good, all the songs are really sweet, and most of the steps are at least decent. I think you should keep the sms coming because they will only get better and better. good work.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 11:13:16 pm by cake »

Offline Spiff

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 01:29:17 am »
Cool, thanks for the feedback. :D Heh, if it's not too much to ask, could you try my other sims too? Annihilator is based on all of them.

Offline cake

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 04:32:20 am »
sure, why not? ive got nothing better to do during downtime at hawaii  ;D

EDIT:

ok,i tryed Aquatic combat, Hybrid, and Terran Assault (on hard only).

Aquatic Combat

First Try

Second Try

First off, i love this song, i dont really have much critisism for this file. Its really a good hard chart and there is definetly room for an excellent expert chart.

Hybrid

First Try

Second Try

First off, i love this song, The steps are really well placed for the most part, though some part could be rethought/better placed. I especially liked the hold steps around the middle that go to the percussion, they are entertaining. :) In comparison to the steps to ITG's medium chart, which is closer to the same difficulty than ITG's Hard chart, id say your chart is much better.

Terran Assault

First Try

Second Try

First off, I love this song. ;) My biggest complaint is that the song isnt long enough. Other than that this is once again an outstanding chart. A bit easy for more experienced players, and the empty space in the expert slot is killing me, so i think im going to make an expert chart if you dont mind.

Overall

Overall, these were some of the better easy-pad charts ive played, well placed steps, originality, no bullshitting, and really good songs. Definetly keep up the good work, im excited for when you move on to harder charts and i hope they will continue to hold the quality of your earlier charts.

I cant wait for the terran assault expert so im just going to do that myself  ;) maybe ill post it here when im done. Also, im wondering where i can get a longer version of the song? does it exist?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 05:33:49 am by cake »

Offline Spiff

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2006, 01:50:19 pm »
Nice scores, and thanks for the feedback! :) I won't be making higher difficulties of these songs in the forseeable future, mainly because I wouldn't be able to judge the playability of steps that are too hard for me. You can try Phreak (Long version), it's my hardest next to Annihilator, though still not that difficult.

The song in Terran Assault is actually called "Episode 2 Level 4-6 - Zone Guardian", from the Stargunner soundtrack. "Terran Assault" is only the name of the second episode, the levels are unnamed. You can get the soundtrack at www.3drealms.com.

What did you think of the background images? The ones I drew myself are Hybrid, Sidstyler, Divine the Dogblood, Phreak, Sidology3 and Annihilator, while Earthbound was drawn by a friend.