Author Topic: Unreal Tournament 2004  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Gormeroth

Unreal Tournament 2004
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:33:48 am »
Yeah, it's old news and it's been out for a few years. but it's still the best fps to date :).  anyone else play it?

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
Re: Unreal Tournament 2004
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:16:37 am »
used to play 2k3, which was better than 2k4.  quit when i reached #3 on the US ladder, it lost its fun.

*yawn*

Offline Trias

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:22:55 am »
*hijacks thread*

not12x, Tan Dun in your sig, is that the Tiger/Dragon OST?

Offline A.C. Helm

• VIking
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 09:29:33 am »
*  kills Trias

I was playing a demo of 2k4 yesterday, own it I did. Best multi-player FPS since the original UT.
Fuck what I want.
Fuck what I need.
I'll sacrifice what I believe.
My little girlscout, your mouth is getting sore.
Will you love me any less, if I hurt you any more?

Offline not12x

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 10:09:10 am »
* not12x A.C. Helm

yeah, he also did the soundtrack to Hero, which is actually better than the soundtrack to Tiger/Dragon.  which is saying a lot, because Tiger/Dragon is my fifth favorite music album ever.

Offline not12x

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:10:39 am »
also: in response to the original question, i'd like to add this:

http://oldnews.istheshit.net/

<3

Lysander

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 02:05:37 pm »
Yeah, it's old news and it's been out for a few years. but it's still the best fps to date :).  anyone else play it?

I downloaded the demo a year ago. Loved it, bought the game. Love it still. Instagib CTF on faceclassis=WINNER.

phattmann

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 02:07:34 pm »
Original UT is better (old-skool games roxor!!), but REALLY looking forward to 2k7.... IF my pc can run it, which i seriously doubt  :'(

Offline Spiff

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 04:10:50 pm »
The first UT has a better feel, and it's not full of fluff to dramatically increase the spec requirements for no reason, thus can be played on my computer. I like the space-y settings the best in UT, so it's boring when the others want to play those cramped, rusty industrial levels.

Quake 3 is still better than both of them IMO (especially with Rocket Arena), thanks to the weapon balance and minimalist presentation - and I only need to see five corners on that horribly complicated decorative structure, not a thousand. Curved surfaces was a great idea for people with low specs.

And I still think any rocket launcher after vanilla Quake 1 feels like firing wet puffs of smoke at your opponents, especially in UT. Q1 was unbalanced, but partly thanks to its audio had a powerful feel that no FPS has captured since.

*In a remarkable display of sudden cooperation, the forumers build a life-size catapult and launch Spiff out of the thread*

Offline Trias

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 06:06:17 pm »
yeah, he also did the soundtrack to Hero, which is actually better than the soundtrack to Tiger/Dragon.  which is saying a lot, because Tiger/Dragon is my fifth favorite music album ever.

I know. I liked the Tiger/Dragon one more though, maybe because it's one of my favourite movies... then again, that might be because of the soundtrack  ;)