Author Topic: *sighs*  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
*sighs*
« on: September 24, 2003, 05:06:22 am »
Well, I downloaded (Legally, mind you)  the Temple of elemental evil game from Kazaa today.

I don't think I'm going to bother paying for it.

It just didn't seem very exciting to me.   I dunno.

Graphically it seemed a lot like Baldur's Gate.. (as in, as far as my bad memory remembers, EXACTLY like BG)

And there was little action in the hour or so I dinked around with it.

And this is from someone who is a rabid DnD fan.  I really wanted to like it, but when you play for an hour and your kill total is one goblin.. yawnfest.

Keep in mind though, I don't have the nostlga factor kicking in.  I've never even seen a copy of the orginal module, so YYMV.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:*sighs*
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 06:53:25 pm »
as far as DnD goes you can't beat Neverwinter Nights, no matter what you say about the DM client its still a fantastic RPG

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 08:10:04 pm »
Oh, yes.  The orginal module sucked A**  but the SoU mod is great and when you get a good DM in the multiplay it's amazing.  (I'm playing every monday in a world called Morgannon and loving every second of it though I don't care for some of the stuff with the hardcore rulesset, and glitches have abounded.)
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 02:47:08 am »
To be honest I love the original modules...I've been a forgetten realms fan since the pencil and paper days - I love all that extra shit they got in there....random information about the game world and stuff. First RPG I've seen where the side quests are actually worth while and don't feel like a waste of time

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 11:17:01 pm »
I've played in the Realms sence 2d editon.

Basically I've been playing in very few other worlds with my gaming group, and we've been together for about 15 years now...

To be honest I love the original modules...I've been a forgetten realms fan since the pencil and paper days - I love all that extra shit they got in there....random information about the game world and stuff. First RPG I've seen where the side quests are actually worth while and don't feel like a waste of time
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 12:35:10 am »
matter of taste I supposee Bearfoot...I still prefer Vampire :TM to AD&D anyway

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 09:42:41 pm »
I liked Vampire until they started doing the crap like.. oh, ending the WoD.. and don't get me started about Demon: TF...

matter of taste I supposee Bearfoot...I still prefer Vampire :TM to AD&D anyway
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β