Author Topic: Snes Games Talk !  (Read 25058 times)

Offline A.C. Helm

• VIking
Re: Snes Games Talk !
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2006, 02:22:46 pm »
Romnation should cover your arse most times.

I don't download games all that often anymore, I like to buy the real thing. Downloading is now what I do only when a game was not released here or if I find a version of a game released here to be an insult compared to a previous release that didn't make it this far.
<fanboyanger>
e.g. Tales of Phantasia, it's now out in english on the GBA. They raped it, the character's personalities have been gimped in the name of fucking censorship. The difficulty of the game has dropped to the point where you can finish it without having to level up... and they removed the theme song and voice acting from it, something that the GBA could easily have pulled off as has been proven on more than one prior occasion.
</fanboyanger>
Fuck what I want.
Fuck what I need.
I'll sacrifice what I believe.
My little girlscout, your mouth is getting sore.
Will you love me any less, if I hurt you any more?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2006, 03:05:37 am »
http://www.nerologic.com/

Get ready to be pwned.

Offline A.C. Helm

• VIking
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2006, 12:04:02 pm »
Not as many roms per page as I'm used to seeing, some broken download links too... but they go out of their way to keep their lists clean of the 10billion+ BS roms of games like Chrono Trigger, and to put translation patches on the download pages instead of pre-patch everything.
Fuck what I want.
Fuck what I need.
I'll sacrifice what I believe.
My little girlscout, your mouth is getting sore.
Will you love me any less, if I hurt you any more?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2006, 02:49:54 am »
maybe the broken links are because its a dutch server, it works fine for me..

You know the game Ninja Warrior's ?

Offline Goshawk

• England damnit.
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2006, 02:04:22 pm »
I have a full SNES ROM Set. ^^

Chrono Trigger is an immense RPG, really liked Sword of Mana, though its sequal was kinda crap. Super Mario RPG is also good, and those now GBA games are good.

Offline Aurin

• The Wired
    • aurinsusi.com
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2006, 02:33:17 pm »
If you don't have the collector's mentality, Super Mario All Stars is a good and handy pack. I bet there's pretty much of those carts around. It doesn't have the Mario World though, I still feel sad I couldn't grab it to my "collection" when PS was introduced and SNES games were for sale + cheap.

F-Zero really rocked my world and I'm still into it, like games that have no specific target age group. Original F-Zero for SNES is still the only F-Zero to me, King league with Golden Fox = woohoo. _|,,/

What comes for ROM's... Thanks to emulating I've been able to play Gundam Wing, Endless Duel. It's such a good game, maybe a bit clumpy, but really cool and I think it's a shame it was never translated into English and was never available outside Japan. If I remember right.

But does anyone remember Jurassic Park II: The Chaos Continues?

Quote from: laser
Who the heck are you?

Lysander

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2006, 03:19:25 pm »

I remember the first one on the SNES. Never before had i played something so CUTTING EDGE.

Offline Aurin

• The Wired
    • aurinsusi.com
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2006, 03:30:48 pm »

I remember the first one on the SNES. Never before had i played something so CUTTING EDGE.

Actually those two games are so different from each other... Wasn't the part one from, like, bird-perspective? I didn't like that either. Anyway, this part two for SNES was a sidescroller with neat graphics. Probably nothing if compared to some other games,  but I think it lacked only in having a saving option. Sigh, the missions were so hard because of it.

Who the heck are you?

Lysander

« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2006, 03:46:59 pm »
Actually those two games are so different from each other... Wasn't the part one from, like, bird-perspective? I didn't like that either. Anyway, this part two for SNES was a sidescroller with neat graphics. Probably nothing if compared to some other games,  but I think it lacked only in having a saving option. Sigh, the missions were so hard because of it.

I played the first one online with a friend (the emulator i use has netplay), and we both took in turns in dieing on the exact same part over and over. The guy at the beggining made it all worth it, though.
"WELCOME TO JURASSIC PAAAAARK"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:05:46 pm by Lysander »

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2006, 07:47:29 pm »
Jurassic park on the snes sucked.

You have like a overhead person view outside, but when you enter a building it goes third person and makes you scare the crap out of yourself when turning around and discovering a monster who has been shooting at you for a minute...

MDX

« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2006, 01:38:38 am »
Jurrassic Park scared me as a child, i never wanted to into the buildings, and the t rex running around outside.. i mean.. OMFG.

Never completed it though, it was no megaman x. nothing is, cept MMX.

The monsters didn't shoot you, just spat at you and bit you. If i hadda saw a raptor or spitter with a shotgun i just woulda dropkicked my snes out a window.. back then, not now.. *looks to the distance* come home snes.. come home. *sniff*

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2006, 06:02:59 pm »
Aye Megaman X was awesome !

The gun combo's were awesome.. too bad you had no more use of them once you obtained the ultra blaster from (FUCK what's his name again, ah i remember) Zero, the red dude who dies later in the game..

Never beat Sigma Ultimate though..

After he dies, his head goes in this super machine and just spraying fire and waving his claws and stuff.. didn't know where to hit him.

MDX

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2006, 07:08:22 pm »
Zero shouldn't have died, he SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED DAMNIT!

But his death gave me passion to ride on through the game and own that baldy fucker. And his stupid head. You'd think a big villian like that woulda hit puberty at some stage.

Offline Aurin

• The Wired
    • aurinsusi.com
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2006, 07:29:48 pm »
Zero shouldn't have died, he SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED DAMNIT!

You guys are ruining my five years of therapy.
Even though I soon after realized that death does not matter in a world that never ends. MMX pwns j00~ and Zero, who still lives in my memories, is t3h secks.

...umm. Just don't start talking about Darth Vader.

Who the heck are you?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2006, 07:30:41 pm »
How about Joda then ?