Author Topic: How did YOU find Machinae Supremacy?  (Read 161188 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
Re: How did YOU find Machinae Supremacy?
« Reply #600 on: May 27, 2012, 07:14:35 pm »
Welcome New Guy! These forums are awesome, if you make music check out the User Release Collection, huge thread!

Offline endshark

• Super Rad
« Reply #601 on: May 28, 2012, 07:38:50 am »
A guy on a Sonic fangames forum had posted a screenshot of his playlist (can't remember why) and I saw that the album title was called 'Overworld' and was like "that sounds videogamey".

The rest was history.

Offline jeezontorst

« Reply #602 on: December 19, 2012, 12:55:47 am »
Funny story, I was playing Trackmania, the free version... dunno if anyone knows it... and was on some kind of custom-level online thing... it switched between new custom tracks (racing tracks i mean) every 5 minutes... anyway, it seems whoever created the custom track could choose what music track would play along to it, and sure enough there was a MaSu track playing.

I don't for the life of me remember what track it was, I know it was simply instrumental, with no lyrics, and I know that after hearing it a couple of times I thought it was absolutely ingenious, combining C64 music with balls-out heavy rock, and fell in love immediately. After asking online in the in-game chat, I found the name of the authors... and have been totally hooked ever since.

Really have no idea what that first track was that got me so hooked though, even though I own all albums and have listened to them immeasurable times!   

Offline LoveLostGunfire

• Chained, near my heart, a bullet and a cross......
    • Love Lost in a Hail of Gunfire
« Reply #603 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »
I happen to have a thing for cover songs, so I was sifting through YT looking for some tracks. Stumbled upon Machinae Supremacy - Gimme More

The rest...as they say, is history.

Offline Scythey

« Reply #604 on: January 15, 2013, 04:44:12 am »
Discovered them through the Yogscast, specifically their holiday livestream playthrough of the Minecraft "Wrath of the Fallen" adventure map.

During a fight sequence, their audio manager Sparkles* (also the frontman of Area 11, another great band) put on the webography version of "Attack Music" in the background and mentioned the band. I looked them up, downloaded everything off of their website, listened to it all in one sitting on Christmas Eve, and promptly bought the rest of their discography as soon as I possibly could.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #605 on: January 15, 2013, 12:58:16 pm »
It's a fun thing that most people seem have found the band through some gaming related channel. Up there among the oldoldold post in this thread is me saying something about finding a reference to MaSu on GameSpy when that was still a place people visited.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #606 on: January 15, 2013, 09:24:03 pm »
Yeah I'm not sure if I've posted here or not, but I found the band after hearing Player One and assorted instrumental site releases at a friend's place. He was using them for background music during a science fiction RPG we were playing.

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #607 on: January 16, 2013, 01:26:29 am »
I heard the track Loot. Burn. Rape. Kill. Repeat. once in a user video on gametrailers. So yeah, another example of how MaSu is discovered through gaming channels.

Not really surprising is it?

Offline Bubba

« Reply #608 on: January 16, 2013, 12:28:59 pm »
I actually heard Through The Looking Glass on Swedish radio in 2007-something.

As soon as I heard the announcer say the name of the band I rushed to the computer and looked them up. Been my favorite band since then.

Btw, does anyone even ever listen to radio nowadays? I feel old...  :(

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #609 on: January 17, 2013, 10:23:11 pm »

As soon as I heard the announcer say the name of the band I rushed to the computer and looked them up. Been my favorite band since then.

Very rarely, I'm afraid. One can only listen to the top 50 hits so many times before they snap.

Offline Zephyris

« Reply #610 on: January 18, 2013, 12:06:19 am »
Same here.
Same here.
Not really when other alternatives are available - even so I also feel old!
We are very alike you and I it seems...

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #611 on: January 18, 2013, 12:44:00 am »
I like some radio, on occasion. For instance when commuting, when doing long travels in car it's nice to have some variation (talking, music, silly commercials). And when having lunch/dinner break at my part-time job it's nice to have some background radio as well.

Sometimes at home when I can't decide which CD to listen to (the more I have, the harder it gets?) I turn on the radio. But that happens hardly ever.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #612 on: January 18, 2013, 10:27:34 pm »
Some guy wrote a post about MaSu on the swedish nintendo forum back in 03 I think. I didn't have broadband back then so I had to download a song at a friends house the next day, unfortunately I couldn't remember the name of the band and it took me forever to find the post with the link. Luckily I found it  ;D

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #613 on: January 19, 2013, 02:53:14 pm »
Some guy wrote a post about MaSu on the swedish nintendo forum back in 03 I think. I didn't have broadband back then so I had to download a song at a friends house the next day, unfortunately I couldn't remember the name of the band and it took me forever to find the post with the link. Luckily I found it  ;D

..you didn't have broadband in -03? What the fuck kind of backwater place are you from, man? ;D
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #614 on: January 19, 2013, 03:14:31 pm »

..you didn't have broadband in -03? What the fuck kind of backwater place are you from, man? ;D

Sweden?