Author Topic: How did YOU find Machinae Supremacy?  (Read 162711 times)

MDX

Re: How did YOU find Machinae Supremacy?
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2006, 01:47:38 pm »
Back when i was in a clan called 7samaurai, playing counter-strike, they made a flash making all of us south park characters and saying who we were and putting us in comical killing situations. And the background music was SIDStyler.. so i hunted and found you guys. Some claim i introduced MaSu to Belfast, but then there's nobby so i don't know.

Either way, its all good :)

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2006, 05:13:31 pm »
a friend and I were bored and were typing random things into google or limewire to find interesting new bands... this was like 3 years ago so I hardly remember the exact circumstances that brought us to the site, but we stuck around because of the cool flash, and stayed for life because of the breathtaking music.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2006, 06:41:57 pm »
I honestly don't remember. I've been listening to Machinae for so long, I really don't remember ever finding them. :P

I know the song list was a whole hell of a lot shorter when I first started listening =P.

Wish I could remember discovering them though... If I can remember, I'll be sure to post though. :)

phattmann

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2006, 06:57:29 pm »
I've already half said in this thread, but time to be more clear:

Friend found a link on some random forum that linked back to the masu homepage. I wanted him to burn me a cd with random videos from http://www.sequentialpictures.com/, and when he did, he was just like "oh, and I put some mp3s on there to fill the space up."

I honestly thought "Okay, what KIND of mp3s?", but the first one I heard was Masquerade, and thought "Hey, these guys aren't bad." Then I heard Attack Music and Kings of the Scene.

I now have over 140 mp3s that are Masu, or Masu-related-fan-made.

Woot for Machinae!!

Offline WNivek

• keviNW
  • Community Supporter
    • WNivek's game reviews
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2006, 11:39:33 pm »
Stumbled onto Giana Sisters on RKO. Loved it.

tomas

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2006, 12:08:29 am »
they found me...  ;D ;)

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2006, 12:12:41 am »
Friend from college showed me JnG, then showed me the people who did the music. Been a fan ever since. That was early in 2005 or late 2004, I don't remember exactly when I met him.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2006, 12:18:24 am »
they found me...  ;D ;)

And thank god for that.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline CrunchyLizard

• Machinae Prime
  • Stays crunchy ...even in milk!
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2006, 09:32:24 am »

Offline Ratti

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2006, 10:50:50 am »
i still remember. it must have been in 2002 or 2003. i was in a friend's irc channel and we were talking about music, when he sent me Sidology Ep. 1. I listened to it and wrote something like "This is awesome, are all their songs instrumental". Then he sent me Winterstorm and the link to machinaeupremacy.com. I guess the rest of the story doesn't need to be written down.

MDX

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2006, 12:30:13 pm »
they found me...  ;D ;)

lucker =)
makeenai soupharmcy!
my new cover band.

Offline duo666

• :ennui:
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2006, 01:14:19 pm »
i was diggin www.emu64.pl for remixes of commodore tunes and found MaSu's Gianna Sisters.. it was first i heard. then i checked id3tag and found adres of masu site. next song to hear was Arcade which was so damn cool! i have downloaded all available mp3's.. it was like returnin to sidaroth x]
(commodore 64 was my first computer, so sid-tunes are very sentimental to me)
a solitude that asks nothing in return

Offline Asuyuka

• Silver fox poet
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2006, 04:48:53 pm »
I was asking about what kind of music someone could recommend me (I listed off stuff like power metal and symphonic, in kin with Sonata Arctica, Adagio, and Nightwish) and someone pointed me here.

I also got introduced to DragonForce.

Offline mrniss

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2006, 12:13:47 pm »
To make a long story short, one day a few years ago, bani suddenly popped into the #etpro IRC channel and forced everybody to listen to MaSu.  Fast forward to present day, we now wait for the Redeemer pre-order site to appear.  :P

i was contemplating registering to reply to this thread, but this post forced me to do so...  i don't even hang out in #etpro anymore but that's also how i found the band: through banispam  ;D

i just got Redeemer today in the mail and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IT IS SO AWESOME.  jklasdfhjklahsdfjkahsdjklfa, now i'm going to not write music for another 4 months because this cd just puts me to shame  :-\

oddly, if not for irc, as i keep an eye on mono211's site frequently and they released the Jets'N'Guns OST some time ago, i'd have found them anyway.