Author Topic: How did YOU find Machinae Supremacy?  (Read 147545 times)

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
Re: How did YOU find Machinae Supremacy?
« Reply #615 on: January 20, 2013, 09:04:50 pm »
Some guy wrote a post about MaSu on the swedish nintendo forum back in 03 I think. I didn't have broadband back then so I had to download a song at a friends house the next day, unfortunately I couldn't remember the name of the band and it took me forever to find the post with the link. Luckily I found it  ;D

..you didn't have broadband in -03? What the fuck kind of backwater place are you from, man? ;D

Well, I was 14 years old and we didn't get broadband until that year. I was bugging the hell out of my parents every day until we finally got it :P

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Kirer

« Reply #616 on: January 22, 2013, 08:33:57 am »
Back when I was pretty new to the internet, I was watching youtube videos for Super Smash Bros Melee, and one of the videos had the song Winterstorm in it. I ended up liking it so much that I searched google for the band and saw a lot of their songs available for free download, so I downloaded almost all of the ones they had up and loved their sound.

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #617 on: January 23, 2013, 01:09:49 am »
Some guy wrote a post about MaSu on the swedish nintendo forum back in 03 I think. I didn't have broadband back then so I had to download a song at a friends house the next day, unfortunately I couldn't remember the name of the band and it took me forever to find the post with the link. Luckily I found it  ;D

..you didn't have broadband in -03? What the fuck kind of backwater place are you from, man? ;D

Well, I was 14 years old and we didn't get broadband until that year. I was bugging the hell out of my parents every day until we finally got it :P

I had wireless internet around that time. The kind that requires you do put an antenna on your roof, then use it to connect to a tower somewhere in the city. The name escapes me right now.

Yeah.. that wasn't fun. Especially since I was just a kid and got Internet access in 100MB increments (dear god I wish I was kidding).

Offline LoveLostGunfire

• Chained, near my heart, a bullet and a cross......
    • Love Lost in a Hail of Gunfire
« Reply #618 on: January 25, 2013, 04:32:27 am »
I actually heard Through The Looking Glass on Swedish radio in 2007-something.

As soon as I heard the announcer say the name of the band I rushed to the computer and looked them up. Been my favorite band since then.

Btw, does anyone even ever listen to radio nowadays? I feel old...  :(

Very rarely, I'm afraid. One can only listen to the top 50 hits so many times before they snap.

So true - I think I'm allergic to most of the local radio stations here in my Canadian city. There's only 2 radio stations I can swallow - one being a college campus station. Other than that I only ever use TuneIn Radio, the mobile app, on my Blackberry. I like to listen to Guerrilla Radio ("Rock is dead...Long Live Rock!") on that app. Other than that....no radio.

It's like a visceral reaction if I have to listen to the "chart toppers"  >:(

Offline Bubba

« Reply #619 on: January 28, 2013, 11:51:40 am »
I actually heard Through The Looking Glass on Swedish radio in 2007-something.
Same here.
As soon as I heard the announcer say the name of the band I rushed to the computer and looked them up. Been my favorite band since then.
Same here.
Btw, does anyone even ever listen to radio nowadays? I feel old...  :(
Not really when other alternatives are available - even so I also feel old!
We are very alike you and I it seems...

Are you like... My long-lost brother or something?  :o

Anyways, kill the radio! We'll make our own transmission in the storm  ;)

Offline XandrosUltima

• War Angel's Panzerfaust
« Reply #620 on: January 29, 2013, 01:21:07 am »
I have never in my life willingly listened to radio except when my parents had it turned on. o.O

Offline zhaccc

« Reply #621 on: September 18, 2013, 04:27:43 pm »
I think first track i heard from MASU was Killer Instinct and its still one of my favorite MASU songs of all time. But Jets 'n' Guns and Overworld is what got me hooked on MASU.