Author Topic: How did YOU find Machinae Supremacy?  (Read 148441 times)

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
Re: How did YOU find Machinae Supremacy?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2006, 10:32:26 am »
A friend sent me Gianna Sisters...

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2006, 10:57:28 am »
I really don't remember. I think Attack Music was first though. Definitely nobody told me.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Palicgofueniczekt

• I wanna be Mama bear.
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2006, 06:46:27 pm »
Summer of 2003, article on Slashdot about either Ogg or RIAA which digressed into many rants. Hidden among them was a post about bands that gave music away on the internet, linking to マス. Had it playing almost all the time in the background when playing Star Wars Galaxies, causing my friends to also listen to them, as well as my brother.  A friend remembered those days and how Machinae Supremacy also played there part, and he recently IMed me telling me how much they kick ass.  When I talked on the phone with my brother recently, he said that he was going to visit Sweden for work reasons, and said, saddly, that the band would be 13ish hours away by car so seeing them or trying to buy a CD of Redeemer(REDEEMER?) in person was a little out of the question.  Also, he said that he would regretably not be able to attend Hultsfred(in the event that the band did make an appearence) because he would not have time/money to divert, even though he would be in Europe visiting friends.

Offline juustohoyla

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2006, 09:11:28 pm »
I looked for C64 remixes (Gianna Sisters) ... and found Machinae Supremacy. Yay!

Same thing happened to me.
Life is short, my dick is even shorter

Offline Motionfield

• Solidcore games/Motionfield music
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2006, 09:12:41 pm »
My brother showed me a World of Warcraft movie featuring bouff. We thought it was a great track but didn't know where it came from. Quite som time later I stumbled upon this website and started downloading stuff and bought DXM shortly thereafter when it came out. It bugs me I can't figure out what referred me to the website. Could have been the Ogg Vorbis site as I was programming an audio engine for a game at the time.

Offline Goshawk

• England damnit.
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2006, 10:02:17 pm »
Got it my brother who got me DXM for Christmas. ^___^ Hooked ever since.

chompy

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2006, 12:44:07 am »
I looked for C64 remixes (Gianna Sisters) ... and found Machinae Supremacy. Yay!

Same thing happened to me.
ja, me too

Had downloaded a fair bit that day, left my music playing on my computer then downloaded a few more tracks from their site.

Offline MMM_Donola

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2006, 01:17:54 am »
Jets'n'Guns demo from PCGamer UK

'nuff said.
Not dead, just the worlds worst lurker.

Its all fun and games until somebody gets a FAIL!

Maelin, Undead 'lock, Emerald Dream EU
Perry_Cox_MD : Some Steam games, COD4, Gears of War, UT3, Kongregate
pcg_donola/pcg_dono : Other Steam games, various others
AD_Dono : Warcraft 3 TFT

Offline Lugia010719d1

• I love Machinae Supremacy, WolfenDoom and Pokemon
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2006, 11:10:59 am »
may 2002 i bought a Czech PC mag named "Computer" (what an original name), [8/02], and first what i did was taht i checked the "games" section of the included CD.. found there Demo of a game named "Jets`n`Guns", played the game and loved the music! (It was the first time i liked metal! - i didnt like metal before because my brother was listening to it all the time at full-volume.. mostly death metal..) about a 15 month after (yeah, a long time, but i was 11yo then and was not a self-thinking creature yet ^_^, i was almost as stupid as now is my 11yo brother) i played the mp3s in winamp and saw the artist is Machinae Supremacy ("what an interesting name", i thought, because i didnt know what does it mean..). We had a 56kbps dial-up internet here so i searched seznam.cz (a czech internet search website) for "Machinae Supremacy"..got a Czech site describing Machinae Supremacy as "awesome c64 SID Metal band" there was a link to www.machinaesupremacy.com, so i entered the site* and i was surprised that there are so many songs for free download.. i downloaded about 1 MB of Sidology 1 and loved it very much, so i told one of my fellow students to download the mp3s for me.. (he also liked them) and since then Machinae Supremacy is my favourite band.. now i like other metal bands too, but Machinae Supremacy is the best, because it is the only band i liked ALL songs from... and it is very different from all the Metal bands i have heard.
Machinae Supremacy RULEZZZZZZ!!!!  8)

* - it was when the newest site news were this:
2003-10-30 - Jets'N'Guns 
The Czech game project Jets'N'Guns {http://www.rakeingrass.com/jng/jng1.htm} is back in development after a period of various misfortunes. Jets'N'Guns is an elite 2D-shooter game and Machinae Supremacy is making the music.

Offline L0ki.at

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2006, 11:25:53 am »
i found it through the juts n guns (full game) on gamestar dvd. the song that made me look, by who they are, was hero... it owned
Rock on!

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2006, 09:10:44 pm »
Motionfield: What WoW movie? Because It might be a frend of mine that made it. He'd be happy if his movie made someone listen to MaSu...

I found mine on GameSpy's Pixel column in an issue concerning game music. First song was "Legion of Stupid".
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Motionfield

• Solidcore games/Motionfield music
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2006, 09:32:03 pm »
Might be his movie but it was a while ago and I didn't really watch it myself. My brother just played the part with bouff for me.

Offline slippy0

• ┐('~`ï¼›)┌
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2006, 04:43:53 am »
ITG, simply enough.
for some reason, I was compelled ot check out MaSu after hearing bouff and hybrid (I didn't really like either, but they were pretty metal). Pretty much downhill from there.
See why Massachusetts rocks? We have Slippy <.<

Offline RT200

• RT200
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2006, 05:42:23 pm »
My friend give me CD from one game magazine with 5 MaSu songs on it. After that I ask google and found official site were I download all songs. It was in 2003. Since that time I listen MaSu. In 2005 I join this forum.  8)
Anything can be done

Offline 3r2x

• r3d33m3r
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2006, 04:24:17 pm »
Heard Sid Evolution on Nectarine Demoscene Radio summer 2005. Then I downloaded some free songs and I  "found" DxM.