Author Topic: Your Least Wated 2006  (Read 9849 times)

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
Your Least Wated 2006
« on: February 20, 2006, 12:50:39 am »
Black list your most hated products or services that you've used for the past year!

I start off with... Sony!

Why?

1) Not supporting the Macintosh with Sonic Stage, their Music "management" system.
2) Sonic Stage sucks anyway
   1) It doesn't manage music at all. It just whores Sony. I can't edit tags en-masse, I have to do each one. Seperately.
   2) It crashes when I upload podcasts. What, is the large MP3 file too big for you? Diddums...
   3) For crying out loud, wouldn't it be easier to just let you drag and drop into a folder and the drivers sort it out on the MP3 player side?
3) Rootkits. Enough said.
4) Crappy attitude to product design. http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20051104 <-- I SWEAR they actually do this >=(

Smeagol

Re: Your Least Wated 2006
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 12:53:16 am »
I have to second that Sony call. Mostly for Sonic Stage being a clunky, awful piece of shit.

Oh, and the PS2 not being able to survive a 3 foot drop.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 12:54:03 am »
I sense a flame war fast approaching!
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 12:56:28 am »
No, I think everyone hates Sony as of this decade :P Don't get me wrong, Sony used to be awesome. I have two top of the range MiniDisc Walkmans, a WEGA TV, a MD Mini Hi Fi and a Vaio laptop. Now? Awful piece of shit :)

Also, if someone could change my idiotic typo in the thread title, it would be much appreciated :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 01:12:34 am by Kasumi-Astra »

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 01:29:13 am »
microsoft windows lol

and my ipod hur hur

hating corporations = cool and hip and in style
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 01:49:47 am »
It's not like I'm seriously complaining, nobody important is ever going to read this. You can be cool and hip by hating corporations, but it's fun to poke fun and bitch about stuff you have encountered first hand. That's when it actually becomes a valid point to make.
Besides, the only reason Sony don't improve their products is because people still buy them. Idiots like me. But if Sony wants to be the market leader again, it's going to have to innvate regardless of sales.

Isn't there anything that has completely wound you up this year?

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 02:19:30 am »
Not really.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 08:49:51 am »
im on the "fuck Sony"  bandwagon as well...motly for that E3 bullshit.."no seriously guys...we have a working ps3.......>_>......<_<.....>_>......no seriously thats what Killzone 2 looks like.....>_>....<_<......*cough*"

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 09:18:05 am »
*looks over at his second Vaio computer and declines further comment than*

I use winamp, by the way...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 09:53:12 am »
Not really.

Liar. You hate everything if only because everyone else likes it.

Father of All Lies...

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 10:14:53 am »
The worst thing about playstation 2 is that noone seems to know where the on/off switch is... In school I seem to be the only one that actually turn it off...
Though, people are quite bad at turning off xbox 360 and tv's also so...

But that's offtopic...
hmm... Can't think of any bad gadgets I've bought lately...
I don't buy much...

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 06:33:55 pm »
Liar. You hate everything if only because everyone else likes it.
But I didn't start disliking BioWare and chocolate and Elder Scrolls this year :P

SonicStage sucks? Don't use it. I don't.
PS2 can't be dropped from high up? Don't drop it. I have one of the original batch (you know, the ones with the faulty lasers and crap) and it still works perfectly.
They pull crap at E3? I really don't care as long as the final product works the way it's supposed to. And if it doesn't, I won't buy it.

Smeagol

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 06:52:13 pm »
I didn't drop the PS2. I tripped over the controller wires (get a wireless controller) slight problem, they're crappy.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 07:56:16 pm »
tripped over the controller wires (get a wireless controller) slight problem, they're crappy.
Haha, I've done that too.

cba spending money on a wireless controller though, and all the third-party ones for PS2 suck anyway..

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 09:46:43 pm »
Well, I wouldn't mind using an alternative to Sonic Stage if there was one. I know they exist, but they're nowhere near as comprehensive as the ones on offer for the Creative players. I hate Sonic Stage, but I don't hate it so much that I'd use a program that has not been tested for the NW-HD 3.
I hate to say it, but I will be getting an iPod sometime this year. I hate going with the most popular technology, but it's the best supported player for the PC or Macintosh.