Author Topic: Are any of you DDRers...  (Read 14684 times)

ddrdude13

Re:Are any of you DDRers...
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2004, 04:53:41 am »
Sweet.

AAA #13 (w00t!)

Keep On Movin' It HVY Doubles.

Finally. It only took me 3 tries tonight, but I have tried many times before.

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2004, 01:27:49 am »
I passed Max 300 on Difficult today :D My latest victory before that was Era on Expert ;)

Where to go from here? Working on my first cata, no doubt ;) I will definately be working on Tsugaru on Expert, though ;)

Offline Spiff

« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2004, 03:03:50 am »
Anyone have some advice for Max300 on "standard" difficulty (between light and heavy)? I have problems moving my feet at 10 steps per second, which you have to do in three parts of it, even when I know in which order I'm supposed to do it. :p When practising in Stepmania's editor, I can sometimes pull off the first two sequences, but the final one at the end of the song is almost impossible.

ddrdude13

« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2004, 10:46:41 pm »
Anyone have some advice for Max300 on "standard" difficulty (between light and heavy)? I have problems moving my feet at 10 steps per second, which you have to do in three parts of it, even when I know in which order I'm supposed to do it. :p When practising in Stepmania's editor, I can sometimes pull off the first two sequences, but the final one at the end of the song is almost impossible.
lol, ot really 10 steps per second, not even MAX300 on HVY is that fast, but all you really have to do is keep playing it.

Hell, that's what I did, and I've nearly AAAed it, but then again, 3 years of experience may do that to ya :-\

Curse my mother. I'm still grounded. Well, at least I can save up for a metal pad instead of blowing the money on the arcade...

AAed Rythmn and Police with 1 great... again.
Shit, that sucks, cause you know you can AAA it, but then you get ONE GREAT.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2004, 07:56:48 pm »
Well, since it's 300 BPM and uses half-beat notes, it's 10 steps per second. Legend of MAX peaks at 11.1 steps per second (333 BPM with half-beat notes). :P Anyway, it's probably because I have this soft pad rather than a metal one that I'm having problems practicing... it has some lag time, and can't register the arrows if you press the same one too rapidly. Maybe practicing at an arcade would be better, though the closest one is in another town.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 07:58:12 pm by Spiff »

ddrdude13

« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2004, 01:08:55 am »
Well, since it's 300 BPM and uses half-beat notes, it's 10 steps per second. Legend of MAX peaks at 11.1 steps per second (333 BPM with half-beat notes). :P Anyway, it's probably because I have this soft pad rather than a metal one that I'm having problems practicing... it has some lag time, and can't register the arrows if you press the same one too rapidly. Maybe practicing at an arcade would be better, though the closest one is in another town.
Yea, soft pads can really screw you over. Heh, I've been mooching off my neighbor though, so I've been on metal pads with bars playing DDR Ex for the US PS2. I'd like to go to the arcade, but my mother thinks a C is a low grade, so I'm having some trouble right now. I myself am saving up for a metal pad on account of being grounded (cause I'd be blowing it at the arcade otherwise)

Bummer that your town doesn't have a DDR machine (heh, I almost spelled it Machinae instead) What you can do to get one, is get evidence that it is healthy (because it truely is) and then present the data to like some shop or even the mayor of the town or something so you can help raise money for a machine.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2004, 02:34:07 am »
Well, I'm in Sweden (Linköping to be precise); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES and we hardly have alot of machines in the country. I've been thinking of buying a metal pad, but only if I'll stay interested in DDR for a long time (which I think I will). I've only been playing for a few months so far, and I'm trying some more difficult songs... maybe I'll wait with purchasing something new until my soft pad breaks. :p

Also, when I was at Liseberg this summer, the machine I played on couldn't register freeze arrows... I hope the rest of the machines aren't in such a poor state.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 02:35:39 am by Spiff »

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2004, 03:46:02 am »
Soft pads SUCK.  A lot of the more difficult songs just can't be done.  I wish I could afford a metal pad...
We need to get a DDR machine in this town.

ddrdude13

« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2004, 06:13:32 pm »
Well, I'm in Sweden (Linköping to be precise); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES and we hardly have alot of machines in the country. I've been thinking of buying a metal pad, but only if I'll stay interested in DDR for a long time (which I think I will). I've only been playing for a few months so far, and I'm trying some more difficult songs... maybe I'll wait with purchasing something new until my soft pad breaks. :p

Also, when I was at Liseberg this summer, the machine I played on couldn't register freeze arrows... I hope the rest of the machines aren't in such a poor state.
Oh, that may be why. DDR is a HUGE success in the US. Very big. I think there have got to be 3 places withing biking distance of my house that have a machine.

That's not good at all, because Free Arrows count many point in Oni courses, and it you get a NG, you lose a life.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2004, 08:32:10 pm »
actually from what I hear DDR is mostly a US thing...

Anyone who would spent 5 grand and then another on shipping for a DDR machine definately would have to think it worth it.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Spiff

« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2004, 09:12:11 pm »
That's not good at all, because Free Arrows count many point in Oni courses, and it you get a NG, you lose a life.

I just read about a code that turns freeze arrows into regular arrows, though, so it's not a problem. Also, the only type of machine I know exists in Sweden is "Dancing Stage Euromix 2". DDR is not big in Sweden, I think there are about 10-30 machines in the country.

ddrdude13

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2004, 01:30:31 am »

I just read about a code that turns freeze arrows into regular arrows, though, so it's not a problem. Also, the only type of machine I know exists in Sweden is "Dancing Stage Euromix 2". DDR is not big in Sweden, I think there are about 10-30 machines in the country.
Oh it's no code, it's in the options. You should be able to turn off freeze arrows. I know you can do that, but then you don't get AAs or AAAs, so I don't turn them off.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2004, 01:43:30 am »
I meant a code on the arcade machine. It doesn't bother me if it disables AA and AAA though, I usually never get such a score. :p

ddrdude13

« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2004, 05:33:06 am »
I meant a code on the arcade machine. It doesn't bother me if it disables AA and AAA though, I usually never get such a score. :p
Oh, well then I guess you have to enter a code to mods like that.

BACK TO STEPMANIA! ;D