Author Topic: about machinae & sweden  (Read 16414 times)

Offline Goshawk

• England damnit.
Re: about machinae & sweden
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 05:36:02 pm »
Heard from robert loads. :/

Smeagol

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2006, 05:39:17 pm »
Grandma bangs the drum ;D

The norweigan entry was actually pretty good....for hair metal at least. And yes, Vanilla Ninja did indeed wtfpwn.

Offline GeeDougg

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2006, 03:14:48 am »
No member of MaSu has yet to comment on our idea of a MaSu song in Swedish/German/English (or any combo of the above languages other than just English)....

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2006, 09:59:34 am »
Swedish is a rather ugly language imo.

It's fun that you have that thought, though. :)

I STRONGLY disagree Robert. It's a shame you don't appreciate your beautiful language. I heard it for the first time in my life when I was 10 and visited Sweden, and I've been in love wih it Since. I still like German more, but Swedish is also amazing. I plan on learning it after I learn German. It especially sounds sexy (they both do actually) when spoken by a chic, so maybe you could have a half-Swedish half-English song, and the Swedish bits could even be short bits in the song or the chorus or something, and they could be sung by a Swedish girl with a nice voice. And the song could still be heavy and melodic like TTLG or something, and that would rock.

Hmmm, combo would be more likely. We already did one of those (although not in swe or german - check our Redeemer). However I can say now with fair certainty you'll never find any german in our songs.

When I say I don't think swedish sounds very good, there are a few languages that sound even worse imo, and that's german, danish and dutch. :)

But sure, if we got a chic to sing a few lines in swedish somewhere, I suppose I could live with that, but ... Still, don't hold your breath.  :P

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2006, 10:44:02 am »
Hmmm, combo would be more likely. We already did one of those (although not in swe or german - check our Redeemer). However I can say now with fair certainty you'll never find any german in our songs.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(dramatic camera zoom effect)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline HackNeyed

• Inside these walls we wait
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2006, 11:40:53 am »
Yeah i'd been meaning to ask why you only write/sing in english. I know you said sometime back shortly before DXM about maybe singing in swedish and maybe doing a love song of sorts(that being Killer Instinct i suppose) though my memory isnt very good.

I don't know if you have heard of a band called Garmarna. They have an awesome song called Vedergällningen(crappy website preview) on the album of the same name. I love the lyrics too, its such a beautifully fucked up premise and haunting song.

Anyway, all languages can have their ups and downs, cool and silly sounds... (hah a rhyme!) the opening to Insidious and ending to Theme From Jets'N'Guns. Rammstein's “Moskau” has a Russian girl singing and its fucking catchy as hell even if i dont have the font installed to even look at the lyrics... since listening to MaSu i appreciate music more and i care even less if there is even a singer. French, German, Swedish, Spanish, Japanese... it can all be good as long as someone tells me what they say.

P.S. lol Bateman how do you do that zoom in with the background zooming out at the same time?! amazing!
While we wait for them to rise
In this world of sickened pleads
No matter where you run to...
The living dead will find you!
"March of the Undead" Trilogy

Offline Frigger

• hi xD
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2006, 12:56:58 pm »
well, listening to a language you don't know actually can be good. i personally listen to a bit of french hip hop lately. as declared enemy of the french language(at least for myself to speak *making noises like tongue is breaking apart*) and of rap/hip hop thats kinda contradicting, but bein a hypocrite generally pwns anyway xD.

you can sing in german if you want to, but pleeeaaaaaseeee no dutch. pleeeeeaaaaseeeee. if you want to you could kidnap a few of your german fans(not me, i suck ;/, take bateman) and make them sing "ohne holland fahrn wir zur wm", that might rock ^_^
*bounce*

Smeagol

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2006, 01:08:43 pm »
Machinae should totally do an anti-censorship song in Chinese.

Offline ktorbo Puertafrigo

• I play the same instrument as my avatar... :P
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2006, 01:18:24 pm »
well, listening to a language you don't know actually can be good. i personally listen to a bit of french hip hop lately. as declared enemy of the french language(at least for myself to speak *making noises like tongue is breaking apart*) and of rap/hip hop thats kinda contradicting, but bein a hypocrite generally pwns anyway xD.
I bet you're listening to oldskool stuff like MC Solaar. I remember when hip hop used to be fucking awesome...  :)
Unfortunately, most new french rap/hip-hop "artists" suck, now. That's sad, because they try so hard to have the worst instrumentals ever, and to rap like depressed people with no sense of rythm or anything... :(
[/offtopic]

Personally, I think a German/Russian/Spanish or something combo would be interesting, to say the least. :)

Also, if you're ever going to sing french lyrics, you'd better sing them fast, because otherwise it will not sound very good... French language doesn't go very well with slow singing, IMO...

BTW, I think it's probably the same for most latin languages, but I may be wrong...

EDIT : Just started to imagine how it would sound if Robert was singing in French, and it would be REALLY FUCKING AWESOME !!!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 01:22:04 pm by ktorbo Puertafrigo »
oqɹoʇʞ,~
This thread fell out of the sarcasm tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2006, 03:55:25 pm »
I don't give damn about the wm, but did the Netherlands fail to qualify?

The Eurovision song contest is also a good chance to sing in more than one language.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2006, 08:37:37 pm »
Unfortunately, most new french rap/hip-hop "artists" suck, now.
Saïan Supa Crew!!

:P
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2006, 11:44:59 pm »
np: The Kristet Utseende - Heta nätter i Haiti
I think swedish sounds just fine...
The lyrics of TKU are however NSFW.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline GeeDougg

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2006, 12:31:29 pm »
A great example of German/Spanish mixed: "Rammstein - Te Quiero Puta".

BTW thanks for considering what I said, Robert. Of course the bit about German sounding horrible almost made me cry, but the rest I like. Heh.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2006, 08:33:54 pm »
German isn't exactly a beautiful language. Maybe it was a few hundred years ago.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2006, 05:21:17 am »
German isn't exactly a beautiful language. Maybe it was a few hundred years ago.

Yes, back when grunts were the "thing".
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."