Author Topic: Anyone got a 360?  (Read 9297 times)

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
Re: Anyone got a 360?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 07:17:32 am »
O.o

We have them back in stock here now.

I just don't give a shit to pick one up :D
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 07:23:46 am »
Well it's freaking $500, of course you're gonna wait.

Jewy Jew Jew...
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 07:27:41 am »
Chewy jewy chewbacca?
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 07:36:08 am »
Exactly.
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 11:23:56 am »
i got doa4 a couple of days ago. havent had the time to take it online, but it looks great.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 05:24:11 am »
Oh, it is, it is.

Totally worth a buy. Especially since every console owner has to have at least one fighting game for when the friends come over and everyone gets drunk.

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 03:04:51 am »
I SMELL A MICROSOFT SUPPORTER

DIE HERETIC DIE

Oh Microsoft, I give to you my two unborn children and all of my toes on my left foot!
LOVE MICROSOFT or GO TO HELL.

Oh, and I can't wait to get a 360 and mod it. My modded XBOX is my most favorite object in the whole world.

Offline dgt83

• MySpace
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 10:54:44 pm »
think i'll wait for a ps3...  :D

If you are registered with Myspace, comments/critisism would be greatly appreciated...

Lexx

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 11:21:25 pm »
Not touching either 360 or PS3 with a 10-foot pole.. Revolution FTW.

Lysander

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 11:59:41 pm »
Why would anybody buy an xbox 360?
Serious, that was a genuine question.
It's just microsofts "how can we make more money OH I KNOW LETS BUY OUT THE GAMING INDUSTRY"  scheme.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2006, 12:08:17 am »
Why would anybody buy an xbox 360?
Serious, that was a genuine question.
It's just microsofts "how can we make more money OH I KNOW LETS BUY OUT THE GAMING INDUSTRY"  scheme.

Two reasons:

1. Oblivion. I have a Mac so the X360 version is the only one I'd be able to get.
2. Mistwalker. I'm really looking forward to the RPGs from this studio.

Plus its not big enough to be a reason, but I'm so picking up a copy of Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball 2. Because I'm a perv, alright?

Lysander

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2006, 12:11:05 am »
Meh, aside from Kameo and PDZ (or anything from rare) I'm not going near that box. PS3 and Revolution ftw.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2006, 05:11:15 am »
Not touching either 360 or PS3 with a 10-foot pole.. Revolution FTW.

Maybe, but the revolution has one major issue. No HD resolutions, which means for those of us with only a PC monitor and no interest in ever buying a TV we have to live with interpolation of a low resolution. Yuck, no thanks. 640x480 and 800x600 look really bad stretched to 1680x1050 over 21" and I'll be damned if I waste money on a TV I'll never use for anything other than a console.

I think I'll probably pass over all the consoles and just play what few PC games are decent and work. Stuff from small developers like Galactic Civilations 2 which has no copy protection bullshit and doesn't require multiple patches of hundreds of megabytes to get semi working like most games these days. I'm sick of dealing with broken games that cost a fortune and are only a few hours of gameplay with no replay value and/or are full of draconian bullshit DRM like starforce or steam. I guess gaming is dead to me now.

Just as well toss out windows and get OSX86 working, not like I have any reason to keep windows around to play games these days it seems. Figures since I just wasted all my money on all new hardware to play more (worthless) games a few months ago.

Am I off topic now?
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2006, 05:32:00 am »
Downloading is fun.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2006, 09:19:29 am »
All good games come to PC. End of Story.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii