Author Topic: Ways to Find Band Members  (Read 4952 times)

Offline finaleclipse06

• Why can't the plural of 'moose' be 'mooses'????
Ways to Find Band Members
« on: January 20, 2006, 04:29:23 pm »
So, me and a friend, Matt, are starting up a band, but we need a bassist and a drummer. We may have a bassist lined up, but my friend just needs to find the guy at school, and he hasn't seen him. He's supposedly pretty good, so it would be a good deal if he joined.

As for a drummer, the search isn't going too well. I've talked to a drummer another friend, Devin, knows who's already in a band, and asked him if he knows of any other drummers who aren't in bands that may be interested. He said none that are any good. :P BUT he did say that if we can't find a drummer and are hurting for one, then he'd see if he could work something out w/ us.

Devin knows another drummer, and he talked to the guy, but the guy wasn't interested. He said he just liked to play for fun. I thought to myself 'wouldn't it still be fun?' but oh, well. I'm not about to try to pressure anybody. If we don't find a drummer after we've exhausted all our other options, I'm gonna put up flyers.

I've also got a blog on my myspace about it, so that anyone who views it will hopefully see it and maybe be a drummer or know a drummer who may be interested.

Offline finaleclipse06

Re: Ways to Find Band Members
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 04:30:55 pm »
Sorry, I'm braindead. :P I forgot to mention that if anyone can think of ways to help locate a drummer and maybe a bassist if we don't get the guy that Matt knows, could ya post it? Thanks!

Offline potatismos

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 07:11:41 pm »
kidnap billy sheenan 8)

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 10:17:29 am »
Come to Santa Maria, California. I can play either drums or bass. In fact, if you look at my signature, I can play any of those. If coming to California isn't an option, then I'll accept 500$ a month and a floor on which to sleep until I can find a place and I'll come to you.
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

Offline finaleclipse06

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 10:02:40 pm »
Unfortunately I don't think any of those will work. I'm not able to go to California b/c I'm still in high school and I know I wouldn't be able to pay you $500/month. A floor on which to sleep wouldn't be a problem I don't think but the other things would.

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:48:37 pm »
Damn. It was worth a shot.

Post an advert in your local newspaper..... or something...
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

Offline finaleclipse06

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 02:50:41 am »
That's a good idea. :D I hadn't thought of that. The closest I'd come to that is putting up flyers at my school and the place where I used to take Karate lessons. :P But that is a very good idea. If we are really having a hard time finding a drummer, I'll do that. I assume I'll need to contact the newspaper and arrange something if me and Matt decide to do that. Thanks!

Offline potatismos

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 12:07:47 pm »
im sure theres a website were you can search for bandmembers

Offline finaleclipse06

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 06:27:28 pm »
I've never heard of something like that. Do you know of a specific site? Or for that matter, does anyone know of a specific site? I'm sorta skeptical that there's a site like that. But if anyone knows of one, could you post the URL?

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 11:11:31 pm »

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline finaleclipse06

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 02:11:26 am »
Actually, I did a quick internet search for sites like that after I saw that you mentioned it, and I found the site you posted the link to, and there were literally no ads from ppl in my area, or even in my STATE!!! I was pretty surprised.

But I found a similar site for musicians in my area only, and I found an ad of a guy who sounded like a good choice, so I emailed him. He hasn't responded yet, and the ad was from this past October, so he may have found a band since then, but I don't know that (of course; how could I? and he hasn't emailed me back to say yes or no yet).

The funny thing is, he also plays bass, but since we're probably gonna have a harder time finding a drummer than a bassist (I hope we don't have a hard time finding a bassist) I mentioned that he'd be on drums most likely, which may work out better b/c he's been playing drums longer than he has bass anyways.

Offline Cronaroth

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 12:00:02 am »
the net and the post ads around town are the best methods for you man-it costs money-as in alot-to do a newspaper advertisement-and I think they charge by the day or at least length of time-that's all i know.

New information on redeemer- look here

Offline finaleclipse06

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 04:15:48 am »
Hahaha...wow...the guys in your sig are headbanging to the music i'm listening to lmao

Offline amj

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 12:54:59 am »
www.formingbands.co.uk has always been pretty good for me. Although obviously if you're not in the UK... But i'm putting this out here in case anyone else can use it.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 12:49:54 am »
Hahaha...wow...the guys in your sig are headbanging to the music i'm listening to lmao
Dude, fire in the eyes of the city kick ass man.. you almost listen to the same music as i do.

Cool :)