Author Topic: Someone is lying to us!  (Read 23959 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: Someone is lying to us!
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2006, 03:07:22 pm »
"I wish i was a girl so god-damn much"

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2006, 03:20:31 pm »
I don't think it's just these forums, I think it's an attribute of enlightened, inteligent forums in general. Also, European posters tend to be easier going and more likely to accept new concepts than American posters. Two of the other forums I've visted had people opening up and talking about their usual situations in life, and people were very open minded and were happy to talk back.
I've seen a few forums (mostly through SA's Weekend Web, and some of the darker recesses of the WoW forums) that are very quick to dismiss and condemn people that don't fit their idea of "normal". I think an open and friendly forum says a lot about the people who post there :)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2006, 03:28:32 pm »
Yeah, I mean I could say "im gay" in these forums and im sure everyone would accept it, and even a few people would come out of the closet too..

But im not gay. And no its not happening, lindar.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2006, 03:58:43 pm »
Yeah, well, i think that most people don't have the courage to think for themselves.

I mean, they're all being brainwashed by society..

I.E : someone walks by and sees a pink rabbit doll and goes "Wow that thing is so gay"

Then people who hear is automatically think gay is a bad thing =\

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2006, 04:13:23 pm »
I am on a personal "crusade" of sorts to connect the old meaning of gay to gay. That is, synonymous to happy or merry. Because it's really a quite cool word, but I don't want to sound gay because I'm using it. (oh, bad pun alert...too late)

I'm not saying it's only this forum, Kasumi. I know of other forums where the majority of posters will accept you for who you are. They may tease you a bit, but there's little to no malice, and those malicious seeds will usually be booted out by the admins.

In fact, there was recently a guy who came out of the closet in one of these forums (a gamer forum), and almost everyone (except a couple of kids) supported his decicion. He didn't find any new playmates, though.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2006, 04:45:20 pm »
I'm not really concerned about what people say to me on the web, I've never been to any forum that has ever been rude or spiteful to me because of who I am. Mostly because most people either don't know or outright forget anything I've ever told them. On the internet, my issues are a thing of the past and they're never important unless we start an interesting debate. If someone does have a problem I'm more than capable of defending myself and can argue until the cows come home, as do my friends. I guess it's something that just comes from five years of posting on forums. But, as I said, it's never happened before because it's not an issue anymore for me online, I'm always who I am. The only times when it is apparent is when I'm talking about it as if it was another interesting thing that's going on in my life, and I do very much enjoy talking about it with people who are enlightened and interested.
It's becoming even less of an issue this year really because I'm leaving behind those issues in real life as I did years ago on the internet. I'm get my name changed and moving on in life.

chompy

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2006, 09:53:09 pm »
I think we all ought to go boating.
I'm for that, I've had like a level 20 fishing character in Ultima Online. It was like really fun fishing in a 2d game map, oh the stories I could tell.

Dont mean to derail it or anything ?

Offline BeautifulNightmare

« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2006, 11:47:12 pm »
I think we all ought to go boating.
I'm for that, I've had like a level 20 fishing character in Ultima Online. It was like really fun fishing in a 2d game map, oh the stories I could tell.

Dont mean to derail it or anything ?

Not at all  ;D But seriously, boating would be an awesome idea.

My actual only experience of a boating trip was rather terrifying (but probably quite funny to everyone else :P) I was 'at sea' in my little dingy paddling about with shitty wooden and plastic oars. All very fun, or so I thought...
Suddenly, everyone went in shore really quickly and I thought nothing of it until I saw some long 'rope like' objects going under my dingy one side and coming out the other. Tracing where these objects were coming from I noticed a small ball-shaped object a little further away - some 10 or 15 feet. Paddling over, my worst fears were confirmed - it was infact the 'bell' of a jellyfish, yep, it's tentacles were THAT long! Trying to calm myself, I floated away from it and it's hideously long tentacles, and thought 'Phew that's that shit over.' Nope. No more than 30 seconds later, I realised I was being swarmed by jellyfish, one of which I would like to add, had a bell of about 24 inches across. Crapping myself, I tried to find a clear patch of sea to no avail and I couldn't go into shore for risk of being stung as I got out the boat. I got a mental image of some idiotic girl in a plastic dingy with a fucking solar-powered sun hat no less stranded in the sea with jellyfish swarming the boat. I even got horrible images of 1) Their tentacles piercing my dingy (don't ask why.) 2) Tentacles flapping up into the boat for no reason whatsoever. 3) Wind picking up and me flipping over.)  :P I can honestly say at the time I was terrified, but I suppose it's quite funny.  ;D
You Are My Reason To Despise The World

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2006, 12:10:43 am »
Then people who hear is automatically think gay is a bad thing =\
Unless you're like me and like fluffy pink bunnies :3
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2006, 08:24:57 am »
Hurray! So wait... Kasumi-Astra is what? mtf/ftm transsexual/transgender? Homosexual?
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2006, 10:18:33 am »
a small brown duck.
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2006, 11:35:15 am »
a small brown duck.

Yes please.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were offering.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2006, 12:23:24 pm »
I prefer yellow ducks.

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2006, 12:23:38 pm »
I am on a personal "crusade" of sorts to connect the old meaning of gay to gay. That is, synonymous to happy or merry. Because it's really a quite cool word, but I don't want to sound gay because I'm using it. (oh, bad pun alert...too late)

I'm afraid that meaning is too far gone. However, the gay community has wholeheartedly embraced it as an adjective, so the problem is sorta what rad said... it's a vicious cycle where people describe things negatively as "gay" so the next generation just automatically associates "gay" with "negative." That's what needs to change. the only time anyone EVER uses "gay" to mean "happy" is smartasses who were using it as an insult and then were challenged, so they say "dude i just meant happy" and i want to kick them in the face.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2006, 12:43:54 pm »
Hurray! So wait... Kasumi-Astra is what? mtf/ftm transsexual/transgender? Homosexual?

She's an mtf pre-op transsexual, and 'i'm her girlfriend, so we're lesbians.