Author Topic: Record Deal?  (Read 10660 times)

Offline apocalyptica

• I'm a llama!
Record Deal?
« on: September 06, 2003, 11:47:58 pm »
Hi, i'm a new-ish fan (who has attack music practically on repeat all day, cant get enough of it).

It absolutely addles my mind to think that these guys do not have a record deal.....takes the piss when people like the cheeky girls and girls aloud get deals over fistfuls of talent like these guys....

Or do they have a deal? I just read that they don't in an online article....I want to be corrected!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Attack music. Giana Sisters. Nemesis. Kings of scene. Hero. Destroying my media player.....

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:Record Deal?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 06:40:45 pm »
no its true...hopefully when the album is finished that'll change though

Offline apocalyptica

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 06:57:29 pm »
You'd be an idiot not to sign this band up.

Offline neoblAze

• Fan of the month - April 2003!
  • nes enhanced
    • neoblaze online
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 10:13:25 pm »
I would have to agree.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 12:34:59 am »
u must be very low on managers and labels in sweden. it's unbelievable - somebody should notice you! they probably think you must be signed up already cos ur so good.

Offline nepharis

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 03:42:33 am »
The talent is amazing, but I hope they never agree to a label.  The idea of releasing their music for free is amazing, and if they ever did a show within 500 miles of me I would be there.  Hell, I might just have to fly over to Europe just for this stuff.  By far my favorite band.  Keep it up, MS!

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 08:28:55 am »
Hell, I might just have to fly over to Europe just for this stuff.  By far my favorite band.

Yeah, I've thought of doing that myself!

I do hope they get signed though...how else will they make money doing what they do best ?
"You don't have to like flour just because you happen to like buns!"  ;)

Offline Hanuka

• Nobody Wins At The Laundromat!
    • justgamers
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 01:01:34 am »
u must be very low on managers and labels in sweden. it's unbelievable - somebody should notice you! they probably think you must be signed up already cos ur so good.

Im not from Sweden, but I think the support and subventions of small bands in sweden are way better than in most european countries (at least in Germany, i think)...
Afaik, they simply didnt want to sign a deal yet. I think they will do when they feel its the right time. Lets quote Missing Link:
Our place, our time,
right here, right now

;)

The bigger problem with a great band like machinae would be not to have a contract than having one. Its not up to us, to decide what they will do in their future ;)
reality is the enemy O_O

sobella_science

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 09:59:06 am »
Its not up to us, to decide what they will do in their future  

....you're right on this my friend. But somehow they'll depend on us more or less - no matter how you twist and turn it because of the fact of a musicrelated relation between Machinae and their growing amount of fans. :)

Offline Hanuka

• Nobody Wins At The Laundromat!
    • justgamers
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 12:45:34 pm »
ehehehe... thats true though
reality is the enemy O_O

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2003, 12:40:24 am »
It is true. No record contract. Although, we can't claim to have tried. We sent out like four demos or something in the beginning of 2001. Since then we haven't sent a single one.

I hope that we score a distribution deal or perhaps a master deal on this album, which means basically that (in the first case) we provide the cds ourselves and the label only gets it to the stores etc, or (the second case) we provide the master recordings for the label and they print and sell the album...

Hopefully, at least a distribution deal would allow us to still retain the freedom to release our songs on our webpage like always. I don't know if I speak for everyone in the band (since we haven't really discussed this, really) but I feel that there would be absolutely no point in stopping releasing songs on the website. I want those who feel it is worth it to be able to buy an album, and those who do not to still be able to enjoy the music without breaking the law (not that I really care about the law that much, but you know what I mean).

But I gotta tell ya, the album cover is way cool.  ;D

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline proz

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2003, 01:49:54 am »
I would buy it directly!

hmm.. to tierd to give credit now, I have to go too school tommorow.

Though I can keep it shortly: I love your music!

Offline Layson Juravis

• R.I.P. Max
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2003, 05:25:55 am »

But I gotta tell ya, the album cover is way cool.  ;D

Heh, brag about the album cover all you want. When the album will be released, I'm still going to spend the dineros because of what's in the box.

Layson
Another visitor...
Stay a while...
Stay forever!!

Mouhouhouhahaha

Offline human error

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2003, 08:09:02 am »
I'd only buy it directly.

And BTW if you should put out a t shirt with that kick ass logo i'd snap it up.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2003, 11:22:23 am »
I love Machinae. I hope that you keep your personal approach on your music and decide yourself what to publish on CD and what on net. No censorship on lyrics or anything else! I doubt that there is any band with record deals and million-dollar incomes that have forum as active as this, such crazy, band-loving, fanatic fans as we are. I think one of the reason is that you share your music from the joy of doing it and seeing how much people LOVE IT. They love it so much that they want to buy your record and that's something (even if they would be able to get your music free :) )

This is something that those RIAA and other companies should see : if band is just OK nobody wants it unless they get it free. But if band is good fans want to buy that record even if they could have it free. They should really put some effort on quality instead of quantity. I think that if they would lower prices world wide they would sell better. I don't buy record unless it's from artist that I really love and respect.

It's good that your band have many faces, the internet-face, the record-face and live-face. I hope you keep them all alive (well, I know that record-face shall be worth of waiting)!
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.