Author Topic: line 6 pods?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline potatismos

line 6 pods?
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:54:14 am »
are they good?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: line 6 pods?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:58:18 pm »
Well, line 6 doesn´t have a lot of good stuff, so would say no.

Offline Viewtiful_Dante

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 08:37:43 pm »
A while ago, Robert told me, Machinae use 2 Line6-Guitarports. And actually, I like the sound of Machinae Supremacy ;) We also bought one and were pretty satisfied.

Offline H

• Gamer. Guitarist. Slacker.
    • My site
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 03:11:40 pm »
Line 6 Pods are very similar to the Johnson J-station that I use to play/record my stuff with.

I've not used them myself tho, as I already have a signal processor (see: J-station).

But hey, any device that you can plug into w/ headphones on without making too much noise for the people around you can't be that bad :P
[Comfort the disturbed. Disturb the comfortable]
Crownus

MDX

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 09:20:30 pm »
Well, line 6 doesn´t have a lot of good stuff, so would say no.

Their amps dont mix well with fx boards. Thats the only downfall. but wait! thats cuz they have fx on the amps.

Boom boom.

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 10:13:48 pm »
I played on a Line6 once. Had a very nice crunch setting.
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

MDX

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 12:29:56 pm »
They do indeed =)

colonelSTIZZEVE

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 01:58:51 am »
I'm not one to trust my guitar tone to a total digital setup, though the POD/PODxt and whathaveyou are pretty intriguing.

Digital effects have come a very, very long way, but you just can't create or emulate a good enough distortion for my taste.. Example: My friend has a Spider II standalone amp, and the distortion sounds muddy and processed as hell, no matter how low you turn the bass or what type of guitar you use it with.

However, that's a low-end amp. I've played a Vetta II with a Variax [their ultra-mega modeling amp and guitar respectively] at a music shop, though, and I was blown away. So, based on that, I'd expect the POD to sound pretty good, especially knowing that MaSu uses it.. their sound drives me crazy.

Line 6's effect pedals ain't too shabby, either. Not as good as Boss or DOD, but still pretty good.