Author Topic: Merry fucking Yule, Happy Hanuka, happy Ramadan!  (Read 1736 times)

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
Merry fucking Yule, Happy Hanuka, happy Ramadan!
« on: December 25, 2005, 10:13:59 am »
Fuck Kwanza, because it's a stupid holiday with no foundation other than "hurray I'm black!". ((Personal note: Nothing against Muslims, black people, or any religion/race, just making a joke... if you don't like it, make gay jokes, I'll be offended and you'll feel better.)) Seriously though, happy Kwanza/Kwanzaa and I hope your harvest is a plentiful one.

Anyway..... with all of the Christmas stuff about I just thought I'd say Shalom to all of my Jewish friends celebrating Hanuka (with the H pronounced in that ever-so-entertaining Jewish way) as my father is a Polish Jew and I was partially raised that way. Happy Ramadan to anybody that happens to celebrate it, and enjoy your not-eating (which is better than the other region's traditional stuffing-your-face-until-you're-a-fat-fuck feast on their holiday, so good on you!). I hope your spirits feel lifted!

I'd also like to say hello to anybody here that happens to be a Pagan (like myself). Wesshail, and a merry Yule to you! Don't get too merry on mead, and remember to share as much as you can before the log goes out.
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
Re: Merry fucking Yule, Happy Hanuka, happy Ramadan!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 10:16:42 am »
I say Happy holidays, but FAUX NEWS might claim that I'm fighting the "War on Christmas"...

Fuck FAUX NEWS. Happy Holidays!

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 11:25:16 am »
Merry Stuff!

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 11:26:35 am »
Yeah, equal rights to all... stuff.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 01:14:51 pm »
Ramadan was in October (more specifically, 4th Oct to 2d November), so I doubt that anyone is celebrating it right now.

Anyway, Happy Holidays! I had a good evening last night. The food was great, but the present opening took a bit too long. I did get almost everything I wanted, so I'm very content.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Dannyd

• :D
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 03:03:23 pm »
merry jingly !!!

Offline lindarthebard

• I'm a last-all-day guitarist.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 12:07:06 am »
Ramadan was in October (more specifically, 4th Oct to 2d November), so I doubt that anyone is celebrating it right now.

Could have fucking SWORN it was in December. OH WELL! It's the thought that counts, eh?

I'm sad to see nobody is Jewish or Wiccan/Pagan/Whatever. *sniffle*

*lights a memorial menora for all of the Jews that aren't on the board*
owned:electric and acoustic guitar,5 string electric bass,acousic violin,harmonica,electric piano,drums,trumpet. Capable of playing:electric/acoustic guitar,electric/acoustic bass,violin,harmonica,piano,ukulele,mandolin,drums,keyboard,organ,harpsichord,trumpet, generally all brass, keys, and strings

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 03:13:27 am »
I like the necromancer's take of this in Guild Wars:

"This celebration by the followers of Dwayna must be put to a halt. Their jolly songs and pathetic merrymaking are like knives in my skull. We must remind these happy fools that it is a time of death. Only Grenth's name is worth speaking during this gloriously dark and chilling season."

How do we remind them? Snowball fights. =P
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 04:46:14 pm »

Could have fucking SWORN it was in December. OH WELL! It's the thought that counts, eh?

I'm sad to see nobody is Jewish or Wiccan/Pagan/Whatever. *sniffle*

*lights a memorial menora for all of the Jews that aren't on the board*

Ramadan jumps around a bit. The muslim year is shorter than ours (12 lunar months, if I'm correct), so Ramadan moves backwards. Some years ago (5, maybe?), it ended around christmas (and at the end of Ramadan, the muslims have a large feast).
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic