Author Topic: What do you want for Christmas?  (Read 36759 times)

MDX

Re: What do you want for Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 01:18:46 am »
Magic :), i've known her for some time, and i always just figured she was way to awesome to ever speak to me, but apparently she has thought this about me for ages aswell... so, like wow.

I think i might need a bit of relationship advice, ill be honest, with girls, i never have had a girlfriend, never mind a GOOD girl, like her. I take it slow at the start i know that, but like.. any advice from anybody? Who knows what theyre talking about =)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 01:19:44 am »
* Rad goes sit in iono corner

But seriously, if she likes you the way you are, you probably should act normally (if possible around her, hehe)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 01:21:01 am »
I think i might need a bit of relationship advice, ill be honest, with girls, i never have had a girlfriend, never mind a GOOD girl, like her. I take it slow at the start i know that, but like.. any advice from anybody? Who knows what theyre talking about =)

i dont really have a clue what im talking about when it comes to relationships, but from personal experience...

dont rush things
be yourself
be honest, ALWAYS!

hey, it works for me!

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 01:21:49 am »
Yeah, but you hug trees.

Smeagol

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 01:23:24 am »
as for me.... well... i just bought a snowboard off ebay, and my parents are taking me to france over christmas to use it, so, that'll be swell! ;D

Watch as the snow surrenders as you walk near it! I've always wanted to try snowboarding, sounds like great fun.

MDX: Hope it goes well for you. You deserve something good after all the crap you've had to sustain this year.

Offline Seven

• You win one internet!
    • Blawg
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 01:48:25 am »
I want a punching bag. I need a punching bag. My sister broke :'(

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 11:46:10 am »
MDX, just give her a hug from me.  :)

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

MDX

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 12:07:53 pm »
lol thanks guy, somethinggood.. that was great advice, i appreciate the fact that the simpliest things to our own are always the best.

Trezker, thank you lol, i shall =).. but ill say it was from an annoymous rich man wandering the streets with cash in his nostrils.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 01:55:13 am »
She's the most beautiful girl, and she's awesome, and i don't get nervous around her.. so hopefully this heads somewhere good, i need good about now.

is it.... is it me?

Anyhoo. I'm gonna get a freeview box for my bedroom so that I never actually have to leave. I might get a decent mp3 player but more than likely I will get money that I will fittle away on alcohol and chips and and novelty coasters.

Oh yeah, I need a decent mouse. I might get one of those.

Anyway, property is theft. So cough up the goods or i'll shoot ya in the knees!!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 02:27:50 am »
I'm no expert, but:

As SG said, don't rush it, be yourself, and be honest. Also, don't start letting your life center around her, and don't smother her with attention.

If you let your life center around her, the magic will fade more quickly, and your friends will often start disliking her, and to some extent, you. I have a friend back in Sandnes who's girlfriend is constantly around him, and her interests are quite different from ours. The effect is that he we hang out less often, as us others might want to do something the girlfriend wouldn't like to do, and at least one of us has been quite vocal about what he thinks about this development.

Also, letting your girlfriend be the center of all your attention, putting her up on a pedestal and all that, seems to remove a lot of the excitement from the relationship, at least from the one being shown all the attention. I'm guessing it makes the person who show attention seem like the underdog, the one that has to work to make the relationship work, and this makes him or her look weak and somehow less "worthy" or something like that. Remember, she's just a human, not a goddess, and shouldn't be treated like one. That being said, you should of course show her attention, but there's a difference between giving her love and drowning her with love.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

MDX

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 02:30:04 am »
Thanks torp =) and lol no pj, alas, tis not you, though, you can be my renegirlfriend one day.. in magicworld..

but only there.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 04:07:13 am »
I had also planned on commenting on the awesomeness of snowboarding, as well as congratulate MDX with this positive change in his life, but I seem to have forgotten. Well, here it is, then.

Congratulations, MDX.

Snowboarding is cool. I snowboard every winter, although not very many times, so I'm not very good. I'm able to stand down the slope, and do some easy tricks, maybe a grab or two, but trying something else invariably leads to failure and either pain or snow in places I don't want there to be snow, frequently both.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 05:02:47 am »
Magicworld, where I am ruler.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 05:03:07 am »
Three feet of ruler, to be exact.