Author Topic: hey hey Anklet, and possibly Rehevkor + Torp  (Read 14745 times)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
Re: hey hey Anklet, and possibly Rehevkor + Torp
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2005, 07:02:36 pm »
Fishing games are the inferior race...

Oh, and sports games without violence.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2005, 07:03:13 pm »
All I can say to Fraeon is, Cloud > all

Offline Фраеон

• Je zuigt lul
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2005, 01:14:06 am »

I have the installer for it, but never tried it yet.

A universe where there was no War of Independence because British colonial policy was more enlightened. An American Civil War after which Lincoln wasn't assassinated. A Second World War in which Hitler was. Or where the whole planet was invaded by, I don't know, space lizards or something.

chompy

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2005, 04:02:32 am »
I'm confused, would racing games go under sport ? I'd have the say the best racing games out there are:
 - Richard Burns Rally (Rip, Richard)
 - GTR
 - Live for speed
 - Nascar 2002 racing season (awesome use of game engine but almost nothing compared to GTR)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2005, 05:02:32 am »
Racing games can be quite cool, especially if you can destroy your own or other peoples cars*. The best racing game I ever played must have been Destruction Derby (I've wasted many hours on that game, believe me), but I was also a fan of (the very difficult and realistic) Touring Cars 2.

The answer, I believe, to your question, would be no. I'm thinking more the numerous EA Sports games, which are all clones of the previous years EA Sport games, and the clones of the clones. I have played quite a lot of fairly nonviolent soccer games in my younger days, truth be told, but endless repetitions of exactly the same games has made me dislike the genre.

*which would mean that the game includes something close to violence. Destruction of property is quite acceptable if you can't have real violence.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2005, 06:37:34 pm »

I have the installer for it, but never tried it yet

It's remarkably relaxing. It's finally a game where you aren't under immense pressure to suceed. I would love to see it released somewhere, with graphics toned up. Not that it looks THAT bad or anything, just, if it had the same look as fairly recent major releases, it would be one of the few games I would play for insane amounts of time.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2005, 02:03:11 pm »
Racing is only fun if you are driving sexy Lamborghini or Porches while being chased by the police. And none of that circuit race crap, long live segment tracks! I have a soft spot for rally racing though, wheeee sliding around corners.

What we need is a Need For Speed style game with the hawt exotics and cops with fully destructable vehicles like Burnout 3. *drools*
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

chompy

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2005, 03:52:31 pm »
The issue with anklet is that you cannot tell when he is being serious or not. :rolleyes:

bah humbag! you mean driving like you would in arcade, with really really shiny cars with massive amounts of boost and huge trolley shopping type spoilers and bling...... you can only play so much until the police start to drop hot napalm

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2005, 01:47:27 am »
The issue with anklet is that you cannot tell when he is being serious or not. :rolleyes:

bah humbag! you mean driving like you would in arcade, with really really shiny cars with massive amounts of boost and huge trolley shopping type spoilers and bling...... you can only play so much until the police start to drop hot napalm
Nooo, not retarded police like NFS6 had. The helicopter with the bouncing barrels that blow up was stupid. NFS3 and 4 had much better police even if the AI was rather dense.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Cthulus Pet

• Is it alive?
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2005, 05:11:33 am »
hmm...Racing games with guns, or mariokart, and as fer full auto that looks spiffy

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2005, 07:53:03 pm »
What we need is a Need For Speed style game with the hawt exotics and cops with fully destructable vehicles like Burnout 3. *drools*
Sounds like sex to me.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."