Author Topic: For you MMOLRPG freaks..  (Read 7793 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
For you MMOLRPG freaks..
« on: August 29, 2003, 06:36:13 pm »
(and I mean that nicely)

Just thought I'd give a shout out that you can pick up a legal copy of Sims Online, the earlier UO and Earth and beyond with October's PC gamer.  It's all on the DVD...

(at least here in the States, I don't know about anywhere else.)
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline neoblAze

• Fan of the month - April 2003!
  • nes enhanced
    • neoblaze online
Re:For you MMOLRPG freaks..
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 12:30:20 pm »
I hear Sims Online is rather addictive. It's not my cup of tea, though. I need more action. :)

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 03:09:31 am »
Y'know.. my freind leant me a copy of the Sims with the first couple expansions.

I thought it was the stupidest game I've ever played in my life.  I really didn't understand how it could be any fun... but ... I ... couldn't... stop.. playing.

I don't know why.. but by the end of a day I was totally addicted dispite not liking the game at all...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

chompy

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2003, 04:38:31 am »
I dislike the sims, I have only played it once and I think it's the type of game that you like or you don't. I like being evil to my sims when I played it, when it first came out. What I did was put the toliet, phone, shower, etc right outside of the front door. Then you watch them trying to shoe people away when they want to go potty.

Or you box of your sims so they die. And the other people in the house have a teary

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2003, 04:55:11 pm »
I dislike the sims, I have only played it once and I think it's the type of game that you like or you don't. I like being evil to my sims when I played it, when it first came out. What I did was put the toliet, phone, shower, etc right outside of the front door. Then you watch them trying to shoe people away when they want to go potty.

Or you box of your sims so they die. And the other people in the house have a teary

unfortunately chompy, you have contradicted yourself. you say you dislike it, and yet you go onto say how you enjoy being cruel to your sims - therefore you do like it.

nobody said that the sims was all about being nicey-nicey, newer versions allowed you to slap your other half if they start affairs with your next door neighbour. and i have accidentally left one of my sims in a fire caused by bad cooking. i came back and found a fireman standing next to an urn of her ashes. oops.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2003, 05:25:30 pm »
I like Sims very much. There are so many things you can do with them...
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2003, 09:35:42 pm »
Sims online? Do you run around with a gun like FPS?
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

chompy

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2003, 02:17:19 am »

unfortunately chompy, you have contradicted yourself. you say you dislike it, and yet you go onto say how you enjoy being cruel to your sims - therefore you do like it.

nobody said that the sims was all about being nicey-nicey, newer versions allowed you to slap your other half if they start affairs with your next door neighbour. and i have accidentally left one of my sims in a fire caused by bad cooking. i came back and found a fireman standing next to an urn of her ashes. oops.
True, true..... but I still don't like it, I thought the game play just dragged on and on and on.......
Also another point that brings up is that it has I don't know about 6 expansion pack. And they created a MMORPG on it, and they are making SIMS2. I just think that the company behind it, EA, is more evil or atleast eviler that Microosft.

Yes I did enjoy it for that little amount of time, but I have not played it since.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2003, 08:53:06 am »
Sims online? Do you run around with a gun like FPS?

Actually you're competing to make a pouplar hangout... that's pretty much the gist of it.  IT's very simalar to the offline game from what I understand...
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2003, 09:33:44 pm »
True, true..... but I still don't like it, I thought the game play just dragged on and on and on.......
Also another point that brings up is that it has I don't know about 6 expansion pack. And they created a MMORPG on it, and they are making SIMS2. I just think that the company behind it, EA, is more evil or atleast eviler that Microosft.

You are totally right about the eilness of EA and Maxis. They are just going too far with the expansion packs - did you know they are making one allowing your sims to do magic - so you can turn your pet dog into a human for example. they are running out of ideas.

they are just trying to grab every penny of money from ppl's pockets with these expansion. and now with "the sims 2" theres gonna be a whole new set of expansion packs for that!!

the same ppl (ea/maxis) make simcity 4 (my fav game ever) and now that's getting an expansion pack!! and the most annoying thing of all is... i want to get it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 09:34:19 pm by Laser Turret »

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 10:47:44 pm »
I think that fact they're doing expansion packs is good 'cause:

1) Dev Team have more time to think about ideas and tune up the game

2) They can get more money from game they made. Sure, there will be (or maybe it's already) cracked version of all expansion packs, but still many will buy originals (like we did).

3) It's great idea and there's market for that kind of game. It's good thing they made it easily expandable so there is lot's of stuff comin up - and fans do it free on net! All you actually gonna pay is those expansion packs, you got lots of things for free from net.

4) It's good to have game with original ideas and concepts. It's different. World needs other games too than FPS, you know...I like mostly FPS and RTS or strategy games but I like any quality game that I come across. And The Sims is all quality, imho.

5) There is other series too with similar tactic, like Rainbow Six - series, for example.

Only thing I hate is that Sims Online uses credit cards as payment method. I don't have credit card and I will never want one. Not for any game or other purpose. Games that have annual payments are pain in the ass. I'll buy/play online game ONLY IF

1) I can play it free as soon as I've paid for original game

or

2) I can pay fee ONE TIME and then never have to worry payments again. And I must be able to pay with other methods than credit card.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2003, 02:42:11 am »
For the record, yes they are working on a Sims 2 and this one actually looks even more interesting conside3ring.

1.  It's full 3d.

2.  Your sims actually grow old and die and have families.

3.  The "Life moment" concept.  Where each life moment reflects in the developmental personality of a sim.  In other words, if you abuse your young sim odds are they will grow up to be messed up in the head.

Sounds like more evil fun.. :)

And hey, would you rather have people doing evil things to people that don't exist or real people...
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2003, 06:09:48 am »
Wow....That Sims 2 does seemreally interesting game indeed!

chompy

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2003, 10:33:29 am »
Wow....That Sims 2 does seemreally interesting game indeed!
They even fart in this one, and it is green..... we'll see if I can find a pick

And hey, would you rather have people doing evil things to people that don't exist or real people...
Evil thing to people who don't exist, remeber the days of theme hospital where you could create the vending machine trap. That is surround one person with vending machines, they buy driks, eventually throw up, then eventually die

Offline Skvate

• Mediocre
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2003, 10:46:18 am »
Almost everything EA publish, sucks ass.....
Lifeless I sail through these ironic fashions, dressed in the flesh of the jokers passions. On the uttermost brink of madness I stroll, and the rise of insanity as my most precious goal. Tricking the trail of my long lost obscurity, I gather me inside the artifice of eternity....