Author Topic: UT2004  (Read 8377 times)

Offline gg nr kkthxbai ;[

UT2004
« on: October 27, 2005, 04:00:17 am »
I was just about to reinstall UT2004, but I'm not really sure, it's got so many issues and whatnot...

First off, the game takes up so much goddamn HD space; about 8 gigs when you finish getting the ECE bonus pack and all the official bonus stuff, which is practically required to play online. Then you can just uninstall every other goddamn program you have because every server uses custom models and mods and maps and that's about a gig gone in less than an hour of playing. Such a fucking memory hog.

Secondly, the vehicles are done horribly. At least I think so... With the AVRiL, which you can pick up at just about any weapon rack, it's just a matter of aiming and firing, seeing as it locks on in seconds and almost ALWAYS hits because of it's homing. Only the incredibly skilled players can actually shoot the damn things down, and even they only manage it about half the time. And yet, when you're on the RECEIVING end of a vehicle, it's like they just come out of nowhere and you're dead before you know it.

Maybe it's just my being a resource nazi or a strictly weapons-only FPS guy (I once took out one of whatever those tanks are called on UT2004, two mantas, and a Paladin using a flak cannon and a link gun)... but I'm weighing my options here and having trouble deciding.

On one hand, UT has always been the one game I kick serious ass at, minus Halo and other unrealistic FPSs (As in, no one shot kills unless it's a headshot, unlike SOME GAMES *cough*Counter-Strike*cough*). On the other hand, it takes up so damn much space, and vehicles just tend to ruin it for me.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
-Muad'dib

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
Re: UT2004
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 04:08:02 am »
why are you asking this

why are you here

why is this your first post

we still love you
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline gg nr kkthxbai ;[

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 04:10:33 am »
I don't know, is there some kind of introduction forum?

I'm new here, that's why it's my first post. I'm bad at introductions.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
-Muad'dib

Smeagol

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 04:11:06 am »
Welcome to the boards. I can't really help with your predicament, but I'm sure someone else will.

Oh, and when Magicman says he still loves you, he doesn't mean platonically. Please bear this is mind.

As for introductions, I didn't have one either, don't worry about it. Around 67% of most things we say are sarcastic.

Lexx

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 04:11:39 am »
Ohh, is your avatar from Hellsing?

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 04:14:04 am »
Welcome to the boards. I can't really help with your predicament, but I'm sure someone else will.

Oh, and when Magicman says he still loves you, he doesn't mean platonically. Please bear this is mind.

As for introductions, I didn't have one either, don't worry about it. Around 67% of most things we say are sarcastic.
I still love you too, Smeagseh.

Or should I say Smeagsex?
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Lexx

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 04:28:40 am »
Or should I say Smeagsex?

* [Rehevkor ]twitch.

Just.. no.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 04:35:57 am »
I'm thinking yes.

Smeagol

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 04:40:31 am »
I'm thinking of paying someone to castrate you.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 04:45:56 am »
Now I have enough posts that, if I posted from when Jesus was born, once a year, I'd be here!

Next year.

Smeagol

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 04:47:36 am »
Lies. They fucked up the calendar. So you'd already be in 2010.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 04:59:16 am »
No longer.

Smeagol

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 05:01:41 am »
ZOMG TEH SPAMZ!!!111111ELVENTY-BLOODY-ONE

And back on topic now.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 05:22:30 am »
I forgot the topic.

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 06:27:38 am »
wow..i hate to admit it but this has got to be the fastest weve ever gone off topic permanently....i like it!!!

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil