Author Topic: More Jack Thompson  (Read 13227 times)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
More Jack Thompson
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:18:40 am »
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
Re: More Jack Thompson
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 02:38:14 am »
Someone is obviously confused as to the difference between irony and idiocy  ;)

worst. Game. ever.

Lexx

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 02:43:30 am »
Jack Thompson: King of comedy.

I wonder if He's actually played Postal 2, because this happens in the game. A bunch of protestors, armed to the teeth, invade the Running With Scissors studios.

But I propose a game where you go and murder video game activist "Jackie Thomas" and her family.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 10:40:13 am »
So, he's proposing a game in which a guy takes out a murderous rampaging revenge on people in the video gaming industry.

One point though, this rampage is not caused by the person playing video games. Instead, it's caused by the disappointing outcome of a court case, because his son's murderer did not go to jail. But most importantly, the rampage was NOT caused by overplaying video games.

Ahh Jack Thompson, as ever skipping obliviously over potholes just so he can get a hit in the media headlines.

I think the gaming industry should openly question the mind of their head protestor, who has the ability to come up with such a fucked-up game. Maybe they can prove that he's the derranged one.

Smeagol

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 06:43:57 pm »
I'd play that. Multiple times over. Then sue Jack Thompson for making me kill a bunch of lawyers in the UK.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 01:53:23 am »
I'd buy it. Because if it was made, it'd probably get pulled from stores fairly quickly.

THEN SELL IT AT A FANCY EUROPEAN AUCTION M I RITE
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 10:44:32 am »
I'd buy it. Because if it was made, it'd probably get pulled from stores fairly quickly.

THEN SELL IT AT A FANCY EUROPEAN AUCTION M I RITE
U R RONG
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 10:59:03 am »
Spiff: You wouldn't mind making this game, would you? You don't need to make it any good, just make a crappy, repetetive small game out of it. Then, we market it. Let people know that it's there. Send a copy to every major paper in the US. And let Thompson eat his words, and pay up :-)
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 09:08:31 pm »

Damn Tim Buckley and his quick draw sense of humour.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 10:30:48 pm »
A link would suffice, but noooooooooooooooooo.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Smeagol

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 10:35:39 pm »
But nooooooooooooo indeed. Besides, by the time you've read the above posts, it will have loaded (unless you're on a 56k modem, in which case it's amazing that you don't side with JT anyway ;))

Offline Xander

• I wanna play until I die
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 10:46:31 pm »
jesus christ jack!

What the hell? is that a piss-take or something? You mean to tell me the one guy who is trying to Stop violent video games came up with that? A lawyer is having these thoughts?

Talk about impotence issues. Freud would love this guy! =D XD
tomorrow I will be here
and I won't be the only easter egg

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 12:19:32 am »
What the hell? is that a piss-take or something? You mean to tell me the one guy who is trying to Stop violent video games came up with that? A lawyer is having these thoughts?
Shut up, kid.

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 01:15:00 am »
But nooooooooooooo indeed. Besides, by the time you've read the above posts, it will have loaded (unless you're on a 56k modem, in which case it's amazing that you don't side with JT anyway ;))

No, it's just I already read that today.

And, I need some reason to post :P
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 03:47:21 pm »
He's really starting to slip. Have any of you checked out his site at www.stopkill.com ? They refer to him like a prophet and claim he
"predicted" that both the DC Sniping spree and the Columbine shootings were caused by video games. He even goes so far as to say that the Columbine shooters trained extensively on Doom and that the DC sniper used Halo in "God/Sniper" mode to get rid of his inhibition to kill....
What meaning has my life that the inevitability of death cannot destroy it?