Author Topic: Game Movies out now and upcoming.  (Read 10780 times)

Smeagol

Re: Game Movies out now and upcoming.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 01:22:15 pm »
I've never played a single FF game (which is pretty poor for someone who claims to be an RPG-fanboy).

Well, not really. They're aren't really real RPGs as such. You can't edit your main character to suit him towards you, so it can't count.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 02:08:01 pm »
I've never played a single FF game (which is pretty poor for someone who claims to be an RPG-fanboy).

Well, not really. They're aren't really real RPGs as such. You can't edit your main character to suit him towards you, so it can't count.

I can't agree with your definition there. An RPG is a game where you take on a role of a character. It's not about editting characters to your own personality, it's about you taking on the personality of the character. I mean, actors don't change the personality of their part to make them more like themeslves, they do their best to put themselves into the mind of the part they're playing.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 04:05:34 pm »
i agree with laser. RPG stands for Role-Playing Game ffs... you're taking on a role!

Lexx

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 06:00:25 pm »
In Final Fantasy games you're not so much playing a role, but watching it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 06:39:43 pm by Rehevkor »

Offline Spiff

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 08:35:27 pm »
any ideas if the Baphomet is in the movie and if it has that wonderfully warped "You will die you ingrate of the dead *yum yum*"?

If you mean the Icon of Sin at the end of Doom 2, he says (played backwards): "to win the game, you must defeat me, John Romero". The actual object you damage when firing rockets into the Icon of Sin is a picture of John Romero's head on a pole (you can see it with the idclip cheat).

I probably haven't seen / won't see any of the movies mentioned in this topic, as I rarely watch movies, series or TV in general. :p

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 08:54:03 pm »
FF was interesting. Nice CGI, but since I'm not a great FF fan, the movie didn't leave a big impression.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 09:40:42 pm »
I dunno why everyone hated Spirits Within, I thought it was cool. Even if they did have Alec Baldwin as a VA...

And Serenity came out on Friday here, I can't wait to see it.  ;D
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 01:16:46 am »
FF: AC got boring around the Bahamut fight. I think the Tifa fight was the best one =o

I'm going to see Doom, no matter what.

*really fucking drunk*

Stupid yank.. *viruta-beats the fuck outta your dog*

Final Fantasy : Advent Children was superb.. fucking amazing.. visually.. emotionally.. mentally just.. revolutionary for CGI workings and i mean come on, if you get bored by it then you obviously need to expand your horizon or ..

hmm..

i dunno..

play the game and.. erm, LIKE IT.

Even without playing the game, its still a superb piece, considering it started as a project, wank. =)

Amen.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 10:54:25 am »

I can't agree with your definition there. An RPG is a game where you take on a role of a character. It's not about editting characters to your own personality, it's about you taking on the personality of the character. I mean, actors don't change the personality of their part to make them more like themeslves, they do their best to put themselves into the mind of the part they're playing.
By that definition every game is an RPG. There has to be something else to it as we don't just lump them all into that genre.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Smeagol

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 08:13:50 pm »
Well except Tetris, as your role (the brick formation) continually changes, you can't build up knowledge of the bricks, know about their back story or find out why they're out for vengance. It's really saddening, so many characters, not enough in-depth story line.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 08:23:38 pm »
In Tetris your role is God.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

MDX

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 12:29:32 am »
FF: AC got boring around the Bahamut fight. I think the Tifa fight was the best one =o

I'm going to see Doom, no matter what.

*really fucking drunk*

Stupid yank.. *viruta-beats the fuck outta your dog*

Final Fantasy : Advent Children was superb.. fucking amazing.. visually.. emotionally.. mentally just.. revolutionary for CGI workings and i mean come on, if you get bored by it then you obviously need to expand your horizon or ..

hmm..

i dunno..

play the game and.. erm, LIKE IT.

Even without playing the game, its still a superb piece, considering it started as a project, wank. =)

Amen.

Apologies to magicman, i wouldn't have said that if i hadn't have drank so much.. everything.

But i stand by my statement, Its a good movie, a damn good movie.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 01:02:30 am »
Ha! I need no apologies!

I still don't like the movie :P
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

MDX

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 01:46:11 am »
An opinion that you're entitled to.

Saying its shit. Doesn't make it shit.

"i think its shit" i can accept that. "its shit" .. i cannot =)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 04:50:26 am »
I never said it was shit. I said it got boring (and since it is my post, you are expected to infer that my opinion is reflected in it unless otherwise stated) around the Bahamut fight.