Author Topic: XB360 - Call of Duty 2 gameplay vid  (Read 3971 times)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re: XB360 - Call of Duty 2 gameplay vid
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 12:09:36 am »
call of duty is the best thing ever invented by anyone in the history of the world*.

that looks cool.

*except for things that are better than it

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 05:27:59 am »
Oh noes, they are developing the PC and Xbox 360 versions at the same time? Doomed to failure!

Sigh, I liked the first one. Hope they don't pull a Deus Ex 2.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 09:24:12 pm »
call of duty isnt  RPGy though, I think they can pull it off on both platforms.

Offline Cronaroth

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 04:19:01 am »
played the 360 version in stores---graphics just didnt impress me--the 360 just doesnt look that impressive-it looks bad already with Metal Gear Solid 4 coming--call of duty 2 might be fun but the 360 did VERY little to impress me--it is being rushed too much.

New information on redeemer- look here

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 05:31:03 pm »
i have call of duty 2 on the pc and it's fucking awesome, easily the best fps ever as far as i'm concerned.

as for the xbox360... before you put it down too much, remember that most of the launch games are only using 1 of the 3 cpu cores. oh yeah... and live is gonna fucking ROCK! ;D

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 10:31:30 pm »
i have call of duty 2 on the pc and it's fucking awesome, easily the best fps ever as far as i'm concerned.

as for the xbox360... before you put it down too much, remember that most of the launch games are only using 1 of the 3 cpu cores. oh yeah... and live is gonna fucking ROCK! ;D

And the demo for the Xbox version was exactly the same as the demo for the PC version only in my case prettier.  Tell me again why I"m supposed to fork out the dough for a 360 when I'm ok with the graphics on my PC?
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 10:46:44 pm »
is anyone telling you you have to? :P

personally, im going to get an xbox360. i love the convenience of a standard platform which all games will run perfectly on, i hate having compatability issues with the latest games on my sub-par pc. obviously, there's the sport games which are much easier to play on consoles. then there's the console exlusives like pd0. the high-def output through my 42" plasma. 4 player split-screen with mates. halo 3 (i know a lot of people hate the halo games, but i think they're absolutely awesome). obviously xbox live is a huge bonus, takes all the difficulty out of playing online games and EVERYONE uses voice communication.

enough reasons? for me it is.

Lexx

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 01:13:49 am »
"console exlusives"

That phrase just makes me want to burst out laughing. It means nothing.

Offline Cronaroth

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 05:01:47 am »
dont get me wrong im not a sony fanboy- i own all three current consoles--the 360 just didnt impress me and give me that wow feeling that the Dreamcast did 6 years ago.  and the N64 before it---im not jaded at all-i just expected somewhat better. and I heard  360 had two cpus. Personally i want to see the game Blue Dragon though.

New information on redeemer- look here

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 05:42:42 am »
Nope, three CPUs, with three more "virtual" CPUs, so each CPU is able to do two things at once.  ;D

Just take a look at Oblivion and you'll be drooling all over yourself.

And SG, that is the same reason I'm buying the 360, as I'm sure everyone here has seen me write about 5 times before.  :P And yet, nobody ever seems to heed my words...

And "console exclusives" DOES mean something, it means, referring to a game, that it is only coming out on a console.  ;D Of course, I'm kidding.  :P

it's  just one of those games that just will never work for a PC. I will say, though, most of those games are only on Nintendo. Although, they tried Halo on PC, and that was a massive failure. But "console exclusive" has some validity, that I will argue.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 05:44:40 am by Harvey Danger »
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.