Author Topic: OH MY FUCKING GOD - Revolution  (Read 17600 times)

Offline Mevoki

• Dancing shrimp!
Re: OH MY FUCKING GOD - Revolution
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2005, 08:00:39 pm »
You shutting up, ofcourse ::)

SILENCE MEVOKI, remember who blessed you with that dancing shrimp idea.

*nods* + 50 points

Sorry master  :-[
Jag är den onda knä-hamstern

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2005, 03:40:18 am »
this looks cool. I'm definetelky getting one. I think its gonna take a lot of people time to warm up to this concept. Their gonna have to fo a really, really good PR job with this one, even more so than the DS...from the trailer I've seen, it looks like their going that way anyway. My only worry is that it seems *too* weird to attract non-gamers, but if they do a good job of demonstrating it that hopefully wont be a problem.

Offline Geezus

• The latest Ninja!
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2005, 07:01:05 pm »
I think that it's really cool!
The possibilities for really insane games both for single player and multiplayer purposes are sick! ;D

Seeing 4 stupid guys (me and some friends in this case;)) jumping around in a couch waving the controllers like madmen will be immensly entertaining :)
SMEG!

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2005, 10:53:24 pm »
http://www.punksandnerds.com/index.html

Might change soon, if so click back a page.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline Spiff

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2005, 11:46:11 pm »
Whee for the next gen. Whee for the same old crap with prettier graphics and even more ridiculously expensive consoles. As the machines get beefier, the development teams grow, the time to produce a game gets longer, and the more money is put at stake. Even more mainstream crap will be produced, because no big company spending so much money manufacturing games is willing to take the risk of making a game that may not sell.

I don't need a next generation of horsepower. Nothing will be made that couldn't have been done on the current gen with the proper programming. Well, except for an RTS where you command 10'000'000 units instead of 1'000'000. We're basically just paying for the upgraded graphics, which I can live without. I play DOS games, I'm not exactly picky about graphics. Which is where I come to the Revolution.

Nintendo keep stressing how the Revolution's specs don't matter. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the "weakest" if the next gen, but that's its strong point: they're going for an affordable family console, catering to those who know what entertainment is, rather than polygon count freaks who are so stuck in their definition of what a video game is that they immediately bash a differing concept. When people's best argument against the controller is "it looks like a remote control", they really haven't grasped the concept. That's the point: a controller that even non-gamers will find easy to use.

This is the video you all should be seeing. It's 150 Mb, but it clarifies a few things. The Revolution controller can be turned into a "standard" controller to play conventional games with, either by inserting it into a shell or just connecting its extension cord to a standalone controller (not sure which one Iwata meant in that video), and the console itself has four Gamecube controller ports, so it's not like all Revolution games will use the new controller.

Iwata brings up something that I personally found interesting: indie developers. Small teams with small budgets will appearantly be able to develop for the Revolution. We're talking games like Darwinia and Jets'N'Guns. We're talking about small people with big ideas, who don't have to take the risks of losing millions of dollars if their random FPS or generic RPG isn't a huge hit. I hope he stays true to his word. As for third-party support, I'm not worrying. I don't ever buy more than about 20 games in a console's lifespan, anyway, and now that I have my own economy I'll afford even less. I mostly buy used games, too.

Something that will matter alot, at least to me (if I can use that service out here in Sweden), is the cost of the downloadable games. For N64 games, I can understand if I'd pay near full price for them. I'd buy Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth if I could. But for the NES and SNES games, they'd better keep the prices extremely low, otherwise people will just emulate them.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2005, 12:07:04 am »
I don't even want to pay a quarter for S/NES games if I can get them for free.

'64 games are a bother to play with a keyboard, so I guess I'd pay about five bucks apiece.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2005, 09:27:30 pm »
well you'd be playing them on a revolution controller or gamecube controller. which would be awesome I think.

Also I read somewhere recently that the Rev Should be clsoe to to the X360 in terms of specs.

MDX

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2005, 11:06:21 pm »
Lexx, the gamecube controller is compaltible with rev aswell, and I think you can play N64 games with that. And, of course you'll proabobly be able to buy some fucking expensve N64-controller wannabe if you want that.

For all you heathens out there, I think it's good that someone tries new things since the gaming industry isn't evolving anymore.. Hopefully this will make gaming feel fresh all over again. Still, I won't be able to make it without a xbox 360 and/or PS3, but this is teh pwnz0r, at least for today:P

and, HEY! Megadokyo, I ALSO WANT SOME FUCKING POINTS!!!!!!1111111111ONEONEONEONE

(please ::))

Demanding points

Spunky attitude and good avatar

+ 600

NOT SO GREAT NOW ARE WE FINDLLALDAWIDUAWIDILADILAWI

-IL!?!

Smeagol

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2005, 11:12:59 pm »
Well, yeah.

MDX

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2005, 11:32:26 pm »
Defiance in the face of Points Master.

Points adjustment.. under consideration.

*crowd: OOOOOOOOOOOO!*

SILENCE FOOLS!.. now.. soon i think its time for a megadokyo av and sig transformation.. something.. even better, maybe even sick. Or just plain twisted. Yeah twisted is good.

Smeagol

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2005, 11:45:08 pm »
Magicman has infested his brain! Oh Captain Obvious, where are you?!

CO: Wherever I r teh needed, Google!

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2005, 01:05:20 am »

NOT SO GREAT NOW ARE WE FINDLLALDAWIDUAWIDILADILAWI

-IL!?!

Now THAT is a nickname!
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

MDX

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2005, 10:00:06 am »
whurdupmotherfucker.

Offline neothe0ne

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2005, 03:51:53 am »
Just so you all know:  The Revolution will play both your new-school games and your traditional games without any problems.  Why?

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651559/understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

That is concept; no one knows what the "conventional shell" will look like.  But you all need to understand Nintendo isn't alienating third-parties or traditional gamers.  Why were you buying that $400 Xbox 360 again?

Offline iamgod6455

• I am most definitely not a llama!
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2005, 05:37:42 am »
I've got to say that the PC pwns all and that consoles are for noobs.  You all have PCs or you wouldn't be able to read this, just download ROMs and ISOs and emulate the games if you want.
Note: God(the poster) does not condone the illegal use of anything so yeah don't break the law.
Note v2.0: Halo sux the big bawls!