Author Topic: OH MY FUCKING GOD - Revolution  (Read 17438 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: OH MY FUCKING GOD - Revolution
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2005, 06:29:17 pm »
hmm. yes.

Cake does > pie.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2005, 06:35:02 pm »
learn english gooder.

Smeagol

« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2005, 06:53:59 pm »
English learning up level you must go hmm?

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2005, 08:38:45 pm »
Can Gothic II serve as a temporary replacement for Oblivion?

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2005, 08:52:49 pm »
Perfect Dark: Zero apparently isn't too hot.  :|

"approximately six hours and 30 minutes"

"I'd like to add that the length of the game is not its main concern. There are plenty of other things to dislike."

this reviewer seemed to like it:

"You will be playing Perfect Dark Zero for years to come. After initially finishing the single player, you will be ready to go right back in and play it again and probably will play it through multiple times thanks to the alternate paths (from the gadgets), the difficulty levels, and the weapon selection mechanics. The co-op is a blast, and I can’t imagine anyone not having fun with it. The multiplayer is filled with a great variety of gametypes, most all of which are done extremely well. Despite a few hiccups in the single player, this game has mountains of replay value, and is without a doubt the best Live game ever."

9.7/10

http://www.talkxbox.com/review745.html

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2005, 01:05:59 am »
Can Gothic II serve as a temporary replacement for Oblivion?
moar like permanent m i rite

of course I'm right.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2005, 02:57:15 am »
Or are you LEFT?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2005, 04:08:40 am »
politically, I'm more left than right
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2005, 10:14:22 am »
Perfect Dark: Zero apparently isn't too hot.  :|

"approximately six hours and 30 minutes"

"I'd like to add that the length of the game is not its main concern. There are plenty of other things to dislike."

this reviewer seemed to like it:

"You will be playing Perfect Dark Zero for years to come. After initially finishing the single player, you will be ready to go right back in and play it again and probably will play it through multiple times thanks to the alternate paths (from the gadgets), the difficulty levels, and the weapon selection mechanics. The co-op is a blast, and I can’t imagine anyone not having fun with it. The multiplayer is filled with a great variety of gametypes, most all of which are done extremely well. Despite a few hiccups in the single player, this game has mountains of replay value, and is without a doubt the best Live game ever."

9.7/10

http://www.talkxbox.com/review745.html

Here is another: http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1072/Perfect-Dark-Zero/p1/

Single player story is less interesting than Halo's according to it. That really makes it sound unworthy as a successor to PD. I'm not interested in Live play in the slightest myself, just single player. They said it was about ten hours on normal though. Still horribly short but better than 6.5.

Found this amusing: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/quake4/review.html?sid=6140243

Apparently the Xbox 360 has a bit of a problem trying to keep Quake 4 running, at all.

And...
According to Mr. Blezinsky, the levels in Gears of War will have "no ice, no lava, no dropships, and no lesbian squadmates." He went on to state that there would be plenty of Easter eggs in the game, that the health bar would take after the one in Call of Duty 2, and that the enemies in the game, known as Locusts, are not aliens, but rather denizens of the inside of the planet. It was also indicated by Mr. Blezinsky and those working with him that a sequel to Gears of War was highly likely.
Bolded for disapointment  :'(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:23:24 pm by Ankle »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2005, 12:19:36 am »
* Magicman strikes Gears of War off wishlist

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2005, 03:36:47 am »
Frustrating level design? Check. Poor enemy AI? Roger that. Spotty graphics? Present. Lackluster story? Affirmative. Unlikable characters? Raises hand. Bad save game system? Here. Shall we give it a 9/10? Definitely.
o.0
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester