Author Topic: A NEW Stepmania simfile  (Read 7963 times)

Offline Spiff

Re: A NEW Stepmania simfile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 09:11:47 pm »
I'm glad you liked it. :) I'll have to try it myself soon. :p

MDX

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 01:57:55 am »
All hail king spiff..

i couldnt be bothered going to the second page, i assume we're still praising spiff at being awesome.

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 12:10:56 am »
I love DDR and have a ton of simfiles for Stepmania but I need to get a dancemat thats compatible with my PC. Does anyone know a good place to pick a decent one up for under a hundred dollars besides RedOctane?
What meaning has my life that the inevitability of death cannot destroy it?

Offline Spiff

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 11:56:58 am »
This is the soft mat I bought, very comfortable and durable (if you only weigh 65 Kg like me): link

This is the converter I use to connect my dancemat to the PC: link

It's not the same quality as a metal platform, naturally, and it can't register an arrow if you press it too fast twice in a row, but I like it. I've had it for about a year or more, and I'll probably buy another once it wears out.

Offline neothe0ne

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 03:56:57 am »
You're very lucky that an Ignition has lasted you a year.  Most of them die in 3-7 days, and don't last more than 3 months.

The "best" dance pad you can buy is a Cobalt Flux for $300... but you probably don't have that kind of money lying around! ;)  I've only played on an ITG machine one time, during which I only found Hybrid and Bouff, but I can say that Expert mode was very, very challengingly fun.... and that the steps are far too lowered into the pad for me to comfortably dance in my huge shoes.  But that's okay, Stepmania rules :)

Offline Spiff

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2005, 12:24:09 pm »
You're very lucky that an Ignition has lasted you a year.  Most of them die in 3-7 days, and don't last more than 3 months.
Well, when my friend who weighs 85 Kg uses my mat, it wears out extremely quickly, while I've never had a problem with it. And it's not the sensors that are dulled, it's because the foam insert gets squeezed flat under the left and right arrows, and it inflates back to the normal state after a few days. It's not exactly like I play 9-footers every day on it, either. :p

I've never considered a Cobalt Flux, it's not like I'm so good that I need one, and it's way too expensive.

My friend has a TX2000, but I haven't tried it yet, and she says you can't use your shoes on it... doesn't it hurt to step on those metal bolts with just socks on your feet? :p

Offline NeonZERO

• More Than A Little Insane
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 06:21:18 am »
Funny how I could find something about StepMania on here within like ten minutes of joining...oO;

Guess I'll have to give this a shot once I decide to hook up the ol' Ignition.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

And yes, it does hurt to play without shoes on ANY metal pad.  >>;  It's very, very painful.
~ More than a little insane.

Offline HMP22

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2005, 09:31:59 pm »
I finally remade my Winterstorm like three months ago and it doesn't suck anymore. Sidstyler Tricky is also the best simfile ever, as it always has been. :D
They are available here (I wish bemanistyle would hurry up already)
http://thelegendofmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38