Author Topic: Games & Music  (Read 9603 times)

Offline Windy

• Procrastination gets a whole new meaning
Re: Games & Music
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 07:57:50 am »
When Unreal Tournament 2004 is being played, I must have music. It's practically the deciding factor for my performance in the game. Heck, the game even has a built-in music player that crashes every now and then if you start to add weird files to the playlist.

Most of the time it's a bit complicated...My winamp playlist is about 1000 songs, and I can't really say I like all of it. And since I cannot really control Winamp whilst playing a game, it usually ends up with me only listening to crappy music >.< So in most cases I just drop the music and do with the games' own.

Of course, there are times when I listen to my mp3-player whilst playing. Always a solution.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 03:19:36 pm »
How about modifying the playlist ?

Offline Windy

• Procrastination gets a whole new meaning
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 05:10:03 pm »
Bleh. Too lazy for that. I just select my music folder and select "Play in winamp" and I'm done.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 08:14:45 pm »
yeah I've been doing that with WNP since i formatted cuz my playlists dont work anymore.

What makes it worse is that one of my housemates copied all his crap music onto my HDD when he was formatting, and i keep getting all this shitty bruce springsteen and coldplay and shit coming up...

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 09:15:12 pm »
I don't use winamp, i use mediaplayer.

Altered version.

Big time.

Smeagol

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 09:30:38 pm »
This is why Foobar's global hotkeys are a nice feature.

MDX

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2005, 12:26:18 pm »
ignoring all the posts cept the first one of this topic. too early , too lazy.

if somebody could quote a good summary of all the posts.. thatd r0ck. points for it i guess. cheese burger too.

But i love my burnout 3 soundtrack, play dragonforce music when youre bursting into a 209mph burnout down a high way, the screen suddenly begins to blur, and youre baked off your face.. so its pretty insane.

Machinae work too tbh, got my friends into machinae that way actually :) bouffs a good rush track, theres alot of good songs for it, but yeah.. stick with powermetal mainly for it, even though i dont.

Smeagol

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2005, 06:39:13 pm »
But i love my burnout 3 soundtrack, play dragonforce music when youre bursting into a 209mph burnout down a high way, the screen suddenly begins to blur, and youre baked off your face.. so its pretty insane.

I used to do a similar thing, except replace Dragonforce with Arch Enemy.

MDX

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2005, 03:19:55 pm »
Burnout 4 looks promising, and apparently IS promising..

hmmm

promising.

Smeagol

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2005, 03:22:48 pm »
I've heard it's supposed to be brilliant. Of course, it had to be released about 2 weeks after I broke my PS2 (They can't survive 3 foot drops, lame).

MDX

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2005, 03:27:08 pm »
Lol.. my ps2 perished to.. cash converters.. *sniff*

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2005, 07:17:04 pm »
Lol.. my ps2 perished to.. cash converters.. *sniff*

Good boy.
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2005, 10:08:22 pm »
Burnout 4 is pretty good (I only say "pretty" because I've never really been one for racing games), and actually came with a decent soundtrack, all rock and techno. The only cringe-worthy tracks I found were a Yellowcard song and a Fallout Boy song. The rest, though, were decent.

Burnout's one of those games you play intermittently. Not addicting enough to keep you there for hours and hours, but good enough to keep you trying to unlock stuff and get the best times and scores. Lol @ the new crash cars, they're mostly junkers. Traffic attack is fun, kinda reminds me of pinball how you can get combos by bouncing cars off of other cars. :)

There was a big deal made about vertical takedowns, but you hardly even notice them; there aren't enough jumps or rival cars for them to really even be noticed. I've only gotten about 3 vertical takedowns, and those were by accident. When you do hit a jump, you're going too fast to know where the rival cars are, or to even steer into them.

Crash mode is better, now there's wind and a heavier reliance on jumps, and the weight of your car (which determines how fast you go, how far you fly, and how well you steer in the wind), and you get a bonus for hitting a "target car."

Another good addition is the crashbreaker in later races in the game (and a few "preview races" early on), which are another way to take out other racers and look cool enough, but suck all your turbo out if you use it for no reason, so it's not like there's constant explosions.

Car stats are now simplified, all you have to worry about is the top speed and whether the car is "super light, light," etc.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 10:17:57 pm by Harvey Danger »
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline dialupdaemon

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2005, 03:45:50 am »
It's a shame that more games don't make use of custom soundtracks. Is there any way to set winamp up to use global short keys?

And while we're on the topic of Winamp, I saw this: www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888 on their site while I was looking for skins. It's supposed to let you use winamp instead of iTunes to do playlists and such for your iPod and the catchphrase "Your iPod just became useful" is pretty funny. Didn't download it cause I don't have an iPod of my own but thought it might be useful to someone.
What meaning has my life that the inevitability of death cannot destroy it?

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2005, 03:53:20 am »
foo_pod is better I say
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."