Author Topic: Machinae Hotseat: Laser Aka  (Read 22512 times)

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
Machinae Hotseat: Laser Aka
« on: July 10, 2005, 05:28:22 am »
Why did you add "Aka" to your name? What does it mean?

And did you know that a duck's quack doesn't echo?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline biggs

Re: Machinae Hotseat: Laser Aka
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 07:47:50 am »
Quote from: DangeR HarveY

thats just an urban myth, they do echo, but sometimes the quack isnt loud enough to produce an echo, but will reverb.

and is laser aka a girl? just wondering why theres a pink hamster thing in avatar
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 08:16:23 am by biggs »
your ad here!! only $1.99!!

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 09:14:00 am »
I'm doing a very bad thing here, semianswering other people questions, but I'll have to do it.

The reason a ducks quack "don't echo" is because the ducks quack and the ducks quacks echo sounds very much the same. The duck counters its own echo, basically. This leads to confusion, but given enough time, and electronic equipment, you can find the echo. You can't find it with your own ear, though.

And it's a cat. I take the freedom of correcting statements. It's not answering questions.

Oh well, stay tuned for a couple of minutes while I find my questions...

As is fast becoming tradition, my first Hotseat questions will be:

If you got to meet (and talk to, etc) one person, from present or past, who would you choose to meet?

If you got to be one (non-fictional) person, present or past, for as long a period of time as you wanted (meaning that you could "start" at any given point in the life, and "bail out" before the person who's life you lived got killed, got alzheimers, or became a vegetarian), who would you choose?

Who, if you had to live the rest of that persons life, until he/she died?

Who, if you had to live the life from birth, but could bail out at any time?

Who, if you had to live his/her life from birth to death?

Now, insert all of the above, but drop the prefix "non" in front of fictional. That is, which fictional characters would you live the life of?

Would you prefer the fictional character or the real person?

I'm getting rather fond of these questions now. Do you like them?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 09:17:15 am by Torp »
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 01:03:32 pm »
Seeing as how Moheeheeko isn't here

CAKE OR DEATH?!?!?!!

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 01:52:24 pm »
Why did you add "Aka" to your name? What does it mean?

Laser is my now-outdated online name. It's still clinging in their, like a bad trolobite, but it's phasing out.

Aka is from Akakori - the name of my first character on WoW. It is nowe becoming my nickname too. I'd just call myself Aka, but then you'd all probably forget who I am.

This question has lost all meaning now that it has been answered by two people. Actualy, I did have a theory of my own - devoid of any scientific backing. It went: The reason ducks' quacks do'nt echo, is because the wavelength the quack frequents at, is not significant enough to move enough of the air to reach the echo wall and back again. I quite liked that answer - made me look clever...

If you got to meet (and talk to, etc) one person, from present or past, who would you choose to meet?

If you got to be one (non-fictional) person, present or past, for as long a period of time as you wanted (meaning that you could "start" at any given point in the life, and "bail out" before the person who's life you lived got killed, got alzheimers, or became a vegetarian), who would you choose?

Who, if you had to live the rest of that persons life, until he/she died?

Who, if you had to live the life from birth, but could bail out at any time?

Who, if you had to live his/her life from birth to death?

Now, insert all of the above, but drop the prefix "non" in front of fictional. That is, which fictional characters would you live the life of?

Would you prefer the fictional character or the real person?

I've been fearing recieving this question. I'm afraid it wo'nt be very well thought out. Even though I love history, I'm not a big on historical figures.

Meet: Jesus. I wanna know who the hell he really was, whether he claimed greatness, or whether it was just these stupid biblical writers that overrated him.

Be:

From birth:

Until death: Tbh, I don't wanna experience anybody's life until death any more than I do my own.

Birth to Death: Alexander the Great. Just seem kinda fun, marching through Persia, around the edge of the known world, defeat empires, and almost getting back again. He only lives until his Twenties, so it'd be a short one.

Fictional:

I might try this one again later, actually.

CAKE OR DEATH?!?!?!!

Cake please. A spongy one, plain or chocolate, with a thick 'snappable' chocolate covering and big blocks of white chocolate decoration.

In answer to Torp's question - I wanna be that cake.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 02:16:18 pm »
Remember, it's not one of those "who would you be to change the world" questions, you'll basically relive the life of whoever you choose as is, like a movie, only you see, feel and hear (and taste, and think) all that the person you choose see/feel/etc.

Am I going to fall asleep now, while at work?
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Smeagol

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 02:22:36 pm »
Should I start either of my two pieces of coursework due in for tommorow?

Offline InfamousGuZ

• Teh InfamousGuZ
    • Meh Myspace
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 04:05:55 pm »
Why does Morrowind for Xbox Suck so much?

MDX

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 04:20:36 pm »
Would you ever go out with a girl younger than you, and how young.. and depending on what age you and they are? EXPLAIN ALL!

Offline SpeedD

• Machinae Prime
  • Canada, BITCH!
    • Egg!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 04:31:07 pm »
OMGIMONFIRE!

Can you help me?
"What I felt was turned, in the tempest forged to hate. My soul I disconnected, and called out the Lightbringer to the gate."

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 04:34:44 pm »
would you ever go out with a girl you hate just so you can wait for her to fall asleep and piss all over her flowerbed then run away into the night?

MDX

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 06:37:06 pm »
would you ever go out with a girl you hate just so you can wait for her to fall asleep and piss all over her flowerbed then run away into the night?

Yeah im curious bout that but replace piss with vomit and you got my attention.

Smeagol

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 06:52:48 pm »
WHAT is your name?

WHAT is your quest?

WHAT is the wingspan of sparrow in mid-flight?

MDX

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 07:23:20 pm »
Why did my old music teacher claim i have the attention span of a sparrow.. infact scrub that.. whats the attention span of a sparrow?

Lightbulbs.

Smeagol

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 07:26:56 pm »
What's the attention span of an average Radicz0r?