Author Topic: London Terrorist attacks  (Read 12928 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
London Terrorist attacks
« on: July 07, 2005, 05:36:11 pm »
LONDON, July 7 - London was struck by a series of four apparently coordinated terrorist explosions in subways and buses during the morning rush hour today. The explosions ripped apart at least one double-decker bus and caused officials to close and evacuate the entire subway system.

all i know is that there were 2 deaths, 90 injuries.. but there were more

At least 33 have been killed, but officials said that there were other fatalities that have yet to be included in the count. Witnesses reported seeing dozens of people stumbling out of subway stations, coughing, and black with soot. Dozens more were being loaded into ambulances on stretchers and taken to hospitals around the city.

"The perpetrators of today's attacks are intent on destroying human life," he said. "The terrorists will not succeed. Today's bombings will not weaken in any way our resolve to uphold the most deeply held principles of our societies and to defeat those who would impose their fanaticism and extremism on all of us. We shall prevail and they shall not."

.. smeagol you live in england, right ?

MDX

Re: London Terrorist attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 05:47:21 pm »
This is fucked up.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 05:50:43 pm »
God damnit. Anarchists rioting in Edinburgh and Extremists bombing London. Hasn't been a good week has it?

This shit be fucked up. I hope they catch the bastards that did this and nail them right to the fucking wall.

I hope that fear and paranoia doesn't grip the nation and that some crazy police state shit doesn't go down as a result of this.

MDX

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 05:59:35 pm »
focus your attention on london though. lets not think of ourselves JUST yet.

:)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 06:02:14 pm »
yeah, i mean this happened today.

i don't know what time, but it was early in the morning.

The netherlands is right next to england, and it could aswell be comitted here in Eindhoven(thats where i live)

I don't think you need to worry too much about that since

a) your country isn't hosting one of the most important political summits ever
b) Eindhoven isn't the capital city
and c) Your army isn't currently occupying an Islamic country.

This is the fear and paranoia I'm talking about!

MDX

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 06:03:07 pm »
exactly.

MDX

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 06:04:59 pm »
Get a thread for this, you made this about london, lets talk.. about london.

Not Netherlands. Defeats the purpose, don't you think?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 06:08:51 pm »
Quote from Bush :
"The contrast couldn't be clearer between the intentions and the hearts of those of us who care deeply about human rights and human liberty, and those who kill, those who've got such evil in their hearts that they will take the lives of innocent folks. The war on terror goes on."

<-- Injured passengers leave the Edgware Road Station in London.

*Mega, srry*
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 06:11:02 pm by Radicz0r »

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 06:18:15 pm »
It's fucking horrible. And I'm sorry Rad, but I think your country is a bit far down the list of targets for international terrorism. And yeah, Smeagol lives in England, but btw, there are over 70 million others too.

I heard them say on the news that it would be interesting to see how public opinion went. I'm pretty sure it'll become a little more hostile to terrorists. Before, we've been in a kinda: "Oh it's awful, but at least it is'nt us, eh?" state. That'll change. They'll become a little more open to anti-terrorism acts. Plus, I'm sure the whole country wouldn't say no to seeing whoever did this being shot in the head on national television.

However, I did notice something about the British reaction. Yes the underground trains and buses stopped, but I noticed a sense of "Fuck them, we've got lives to get on with." People weren't running around, screaming for  mercy from the lord and claiming apocalpyse, they were just quietly stunned, (and merely flooded the telephone networks as they called family to tell them they were alright). The British are fucking resilient and are'nt gonna let some selfish terrorists bring their lives to a halt.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 06:25:07 pm »
It's fucking horrible. And I'm sorry Rad, but I think your country is a bit far down the list of targets for international terrorism. And yeah, Smeagol lives in England, but btw, there are over 70 million others too.

Yeah, but those 70 million aren't on the masu forum, smartypants.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 06:31:05 pm »

Yeah, but those 70 million aren't on the masu forum, smartypants.

But there's more that 1. Myself, Jammin, Neil, VR are all English, Sariya is Scottish, VT and MDX are Northern Irish.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 06:33:54 pm »
ok. i knew MDX was irish, and you too.. but i forgot :D

soo.. let them post here i says

Smeagol

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 07:06:56 pm »
It's been blow out of proportion. 33 dead is not even a drop in the ocean of 70 million. Sure it's a tragic thing, but it's been overplayed.
"The perpetrators of today's attacks are intent on destroying human life," he said. "The terrorists will not succeed. Today's bombings will not weaken in any way our resolve to uphold the most deeply held principles of our societies and to defeat those who would impose their fanaticism and extremism on all of us. We shall prevail and they shall not."

The terrorists haven't suceeded, they are showing themselves up as amateurs. If they wanted a target they had Hyde Park on Saturday, Edinbrugh as now. Taking down a double decker bus and 3 trains... not exactly the most damaging of targets.

That final sentence is perhaps the most worrying of all, it's only a matter of time until more attacks come with stupid emotionally clouded thinking like that.

However, I did notice something about the British reaction. Yes the underground trains and buses stopped, but I noticed a sense of "Fuck them, we've got lives to get on with." People weren't running around, screaming for mercy from the lord and claiming apocalpyse, they were just quietly stunned, (and merely flooded the telephone networks as they called family to tell them they were alright). The British are fucking resilient and are'nt gonna let some selfish terrorists bring their lives to a halt.

If only it could be said for all of the nation's youth, who instead broke down and cried because their parents work in London, so what? So do many others, thirty-fucking-three! It's minor.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 07:18:15 pm »
i disagree fiindil... if the terrorists wanted to kill loads of people they could have. what they did do... is show how easy it is for them to completely cripple london transport.

my dad was on a train at about that time in about that area... fortunately he didnt get caught up in the explosions.

Smeagol

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 07:22:39 pm »
i disagree fiindil... if the terrorists wanted to kill loads of people they could have. what they did do... is show how easy it is for them to completely cripple london transport.

Perhaps, but they've lost a huge chance now.. everywhere's going to be on high alert for most of the month, with searches everywhere.