Author Topic: Cominatcha Woo-style  (Read 18105 times)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
Re: Cominatcha Woo-style
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2005, 12:27:10 pm »
You've just started playing it? (NG, that is)

I never found it irritating (apart from the crashes). Sure, the game is rather difficult, and there were times when I almost gave up (the second boss, for example. He is actually one of the hardest bosses in the game), but the sheer coolness of the game kept me going.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

MDX

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2005, 06:21:37 pm »
Almost lvl 9 :D

Which then in turn beckons the call for lvl 10.

HAILL!!!

Fear my new black guns of doom. and my rusty sword. I will own all with this sword btw, fear me.

Smeagol

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2005, 06:43:10 pm »
Black guns? Explain?

I've pretty much stopped playing...the 999 ping error doesn't exist... the 1532 ping error does though. The game is unplayable (AKA, everyone starts bitching that I'm killing them...gets dull)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2005, 06:56:40 pm »
Yeah, I can imagine that would make the game unplayable. I need a ping at least below 200 (preferrably below 100) to play an online action game (it's not that big a problem with RPGs and strategy, of course).

In more "realistic" games (that is, games where you can't take a magazine full of machine gun rounds), 200ms can be the difference between putting that sniper bullet in the enemy and the enemy putting a bullet in you.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

MDX

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2005, 07:48:22 pm »
nonono dont stop D:

we must win!

WIN!!
AHHH!!! WINN!!!!

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2005, 08:11:49 pm »
I aint played in a lil while, might go do so now.

MDX

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2005, 10:07:11 pm »
Bah, played at sword too long, now i suck at guns lol.

¬_¬

to guns, i ride!

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2005, 04:32:54 am »
I'm getting the "999 ping" glitch quite a bit now.  The problem happens whenever me and my friend, who is on the same router as me, try joining a game.  The same thing happens to some other friends when they try to connect to servers together.  Anyone found any fixes?  We've tried forwarding ports 6000 and 7000 and setting the game to use those, but it doesn't seem to help.

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2005, 08:48:59 am »
level 12... beat ya'll.
my friend is also level 12, got here in jsut 2 days.  weve been playing this nonstop.  weve got enough bounty as well to start a clan, so lets talk about a meeting time.  he wants in, said hed start posting on teh forums as soon as he de-popups adn de-spywares his internet browsers (he loves MaSu almost as much as i do)

EDIT- i suggest we meet at 11 PM EST (8PM Pacific) on server 4... some channel... any suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 10:57:38 am by not12x »

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2005, 11:42:36 am »
Argh! Why can't you americans learn to just use UTC or GMT?

EST = UTC - 5

Use the standards. Go with the program. (And, on a sidenote, nobody dare use inches for anything but wargaming, ok?)

He wants you people to meet him at 4 AM UTC (that would be 5AM GMT/BST, due to daylight saving time, unless the EST go daylight saving time as well, in which case it would be 4AM GMT and 3AM UTC). This, to me, sounds a bit early. Not that I'm able to play, so I don't really get a vote. I'd suggest around 11PM UTC. That way, it won't be too early for americans (6 PM, or 7PM if you've got daylught saving time), and midnight for the british.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I live in UTC+1 (+2 due to daylight saving time), so I'm not advocating using my own time zone.

EDIT2: Whoops. EST is UTC-5, not UTC-6. Fixed...the numbers should be right now.  But this proves how easy it is to be wrong. It's much harder to be wrong on which time zone you belong to relative to UTC (which do not have daylight saving time, so if your time zone has it, remember to adjust the time you give accordingly, e.g., if you're in a UTC-x time zone, you'll be at UTC-(x-1) with daylight saving, and if you're in a UTC+x, you'll be UTC+(x+1))

Back to what I was actually going to post about before I decided to standardise time...

I'm getting the "999 ping" glitch quite a bit now. The problem happens whenever me and my friend, who is on the same router as me, try joining a game. The same thing happens to some other friends when they try to connect to servers together. Anyone found any fixes? We've tried forwarding ports 6000 and 7000 and setting the game to use those, but it doesn't seem to help.

The servers, as I've understood it, currently do not support having two players from behind the same router playing in the same game. This is possibly a feature, to ensure that people do not cheat by joining a second character and preying on him/her for experience.

I am not completely sure about this, though, and have to ask: Are you trying to run both clients through the same ports? (that is, are both clients using ports 6000 and 7000?). If so, you're stupid and should be shot (no, not really, but using the same ports won't work, and I thought the game used both those ports by default?). Try using different ports on each client. It might work.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 01:32:39 pm by Torp »

MDX

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2005, 12:28:42 pm »
Stop being american, then you can start a european dominated MaSu clan.

Until then, MaSu clan has to be euro friendly. There is way more of us :)

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2005, 11:40:13 pm »
hmmm...
how about 12PM (or 2300, if your french :)) UTC.  that means for us americans, 7PM.
Free channel 3, Server 4.
Tomorrow
any comments/concerns/disagreements?

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2005, 12:05:08 am »
The French are weird. They should be at 2AM at that point.

Anyway, no french, and I (norwegian) can't play yet.

MDX

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2005, 01:16:05 am »
Job Interview, cant.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2005, 03:12:47 am »
This is possibly a feature, to ensure that people do not cheat by joining a second character and preying on him/her for experience.
It's a bug, not a feature. People will killswap no matter what.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."