Author Topic: Cominatcha Woo-style  (Read 19965 times)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
Re: Cominatcha Woo-style
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2005, 04:47:51 pm »
Yeah, it's your duty.

Downloading the client myself, now. I'll be playing as TokathMarg. That's one of my standard online names (if you ever see anybody named TokathMarg (or the shortened Tokath), in any game, it's almost certainly me (well, there are others using the shortened version). Even a google for TokathMarg only gives you a 40k character (actually, it's the weapon of Ahra, Father of Scorpions) and some forum posts by me over at Eldaronline.com. That it's used in 40k isn't surprising, as I made the name from the 40k Eldar Language Guide, as the name of my DE Kabal leader, in those days when I was starting a DE force)

EDIT: Does it really take half an eternity to log in, or is it just me?

EDIT2: Hmmm...maybe it's that I didn't update..

EDIT3: Nope, it's the Firewall/NAT problem. I think. Can't play it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 06:12:40 pm by Torp »
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

MDX

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2005, 06:42:19 pm »
The servers are down.

You go to login.. the login interface disappears and you think it loads for ages.

Its happened to me aswell.. i was going to go on and level up like crazy.. alas. nay.

Smeagol

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2005, 12:20:00 am »
Its happened to me aswell.. i was going to go on and level up like crazy.. alas. nay.

So was I. My plans for the GunZ weekend just died. A real shame. I went up 3 levels yesterday and was beginning to get a damn good character.

And apparently the beta's open till November. Plenty of time for the clan to appear.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2005, 01:44:44 am »
Right. I'm able to connect now, but I do get the infamous 999 ping error. Which isn't surprising, with the weird router/firewall setup we've got here. I'm probably not able to fix it in some time, as I don't have access to anything here (I'm at home, and it's my fathers/my fathers employers stuff, and my father is in Spain at the moment).
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Smeagol

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2005, 01:54:45 am »
There's a reducing lag tutorial in GunZ around somewhere, google around for it, may help.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2005, 02:18:23 am »
Won't help. It's the Firewall/NAT problem mentioned on their website. I've gotten an email adress from my father to someone who might be able to help me, though. Hopefully, he will be, as the game looks mighty cool.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2005, 02:19:54 am »

So was I. My plans for the GunZ weekend just died. A real shame. I went up 3 levels yesterday and was beginning to get a damn good character.

And apparently the beta's open till November. Plenty of time for the clan to appear.

Well, supposedly, it'll be free even after that (see the orignal post by Magicman). Though I would think that characters will be reset.

Smeagol

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2005, 02:37:38 am »
Character resetting isn't a problem if they get rid of the hackers. By the time the Beta ends most people playing the game properly will be pretty damn good, and will be able to level quite quickly, whilst the haxx0rz will be screwed shitless because they don't have god mode to save them.

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2005, 10:37:57 am »
servers 1 and 2 are up
now level 6, playing primarliy as "Jjeysus"
God was too short... so nobody knows who i really am ;)

MDX

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2005, 09:09:49 pm »
Fucking leveling up can be slow.

EDIT: was on the advanced servers.

Heh

Smeagol

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2005, 10:02:04 pm »
I had some sort of glitch with lvl 7, reached it and instantly had 94% to lvl 8,it kicked me off of the server due to inactivity, logged back on, lvl 7 1%. The game does seem to be getting less fun now though, hackers are more rampant the higher level you go.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2005, 05:41:36 am »
That's why we need a clan and our own private games, bro.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2005, 08:38:48 am »
I guess my router is stopping me from playing.  Lots of different errors have happened, including the game just freezing.  Maybe later it'll work.

Back to Ninja Gaiden.

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2005, 11:21:38 am »
Well, the only router problem I'm aware of is the aforementioned ping 999, which I get myself. There's a lengthy thread on their forums about how to solve it (basically, port forwarding), though it's not sure that it will help. You could try it out, though, i you have access to your router.

Ninja Gaiden. I got to get myself a copy of Ninja Gaiden. I had one, once, but it got damaged. Always stopped working after I had killed the three demon-dinosaurs and the conelike boss with tentacle arms (the one who ate the demon huntress chick). Really irritating.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2005, 12:08:16 pm »
Wee.  Gunz started working finally, no port forwarding required.  Nearly level 6 and I love it.

My character's name is TurtlePrime.  Find me sometime.

Ninja Gaiden got irritating pretty quick.  I'll try it again tomorrow.