Author Topic: Sony's "Big Lie"  (Read 16760 times)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re: Sony's "Big Lie"
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2005, 12:15:05 am »
I just want to point out that Eternal Darkness, A launch title for the Cube (i'm almost sure) was

1) deep
2) fun
3) scary

and THIS FUCKING FULL of obscure literary references that made me smile on numerous ocassions.

i cant even remember the point I was trying to make here but daaaaaaamn that was a sweet game...

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2005, 01:11:47 am »
Eternal Darkness rocks :D
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2005, 02:25:10 am »
Hey, its summer I might go ahead and play through it again. Only completed it the once on...blue i think.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2005, 03:31:58 am »
Ah, the most evil sanity effect in the entire game is... actually, if you haven't seen it already, I'll spoil it, because it's very rare. So... *spoilers*

It pretends to erase all your savefiles when you want to save the game. It's only happened to me once on the third playthrough, and it totally got me. ;)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2005, 03:36:35 am »
When I got the BSOD sanity effect, I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes. My mom thought I was having a seizure :D
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline DivineImpurity13

• OMG IT'S ddrdude13! ^^
    • My deviantART!
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2005, 03:43:43 am »
Yar, GameCube is where it's at. It pwns because of the Metroid Prime games.
- . : |How could I ever go back to the life where I lived amongst the dead?| : . -
~Illusions (Shadows Are Security Version) by As I Lay Dying~

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2005, 06:41:43 am »
Ah, the most evil sanity effect in the entire game is... actually, if you haven't seen it already, I'll spoil it, because it's very rare. So... *spoilers*

It pretends to erase all your savefiles when you want to save the game. It's only happened to me once on the third playthrough, and it totally got me. ;)

the one that genuinely freaked me out was the one with the flies. I was playing it alone in the dark at about 2am in my parents living room (my mum has lots of plants around the house) and I see the fly on the screen so i think "myeh" then anotehr, and another till the screen was covered in them and i just sorta freaked out n sat on the sofa goin "gyaaa.."

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2005, 11:04:48 am »
Eternal Darkness... interesting game, played it a bit.  it does beat the standard restrictions on Nintendo games.  now, remember though, what is aid were things in effect 90% of the time.

now, morrowind... i dont know why in teh world anyone could NOT like morrowind.  although i must say that TES 2: Daggerfall was superior plotwise, Morroind was just so DEEP... god.  and the score was amazing.

Metroid Prime... i played it once or thrice, but never even remotely enjoyed it.  maybe tios because im a derranged caffeine addict/hermit, but i must say that the game was teh most boring and lame excuse of a mindless maze crawl ever.

of course, thats just my opinion.  i may be wrong, in the same way that Magicman is CLEARLY wrong about morrowind.  who knows?

and i stand corrected about the classic JnG style games on the 'cube.

i stand by my opinion

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2005, 02:06:25 pm »
have i got the same Eternal Darkness as everyone else? cause the version i played (for about half an hour, then i got bored) played like a turd on a stick.

anyhoo... the cube roxxors because of Pikmin.... it sounds so so boring... but it's so GODDAMN ADDICTIVE!!! YAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Spiff

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2005, 05:58:49 pm »
Eternal Darkness starts out very slow, with the first chapters, but the latter ones (and especially exploring more of the mansion as Alex) make up for it. Wasting Horrors with a H&K assault rifle and grenade launcher also makes up for the usual swords and ancient pistols your less modern characters use, too. :p Anyway, most of the thrill is not what actaully happens, but what could happen. The game throws all sorts of stuff, but only extremely rarely resorts to "jump out in your face" things. But you never really know what will happen next. Sometimes, it's a bit boring, but the good parts make up for it.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2005, 08:41:26 pm »
not12x, go play Gothic.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2005, 11:11:36 pm »
Quite simple.   IT was far far far far far far far too open and slow for my tastes.

It was impossible for me to know what to do next and just traviling from point a to point b too far too long.

now, morrowind... i dont know why in teh world anyone could NOT like morrowind.  although i must say that TES 2: Daggerfall was superior plotwise, Morroind was just so DEEP... god.  and the score was amazing.

I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2005, 11:34:50 am »
Not to mention if you killed someone and then found out you need them for a quest later you are so screwed.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Smeagol

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2005, 07:09:53 pm »
Which is when BG's CLUAConsole is a godsend.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2005, 12:01:11 am »
ahx0r D: