The Band > Band Discussion

Trying to define MaSu

<< < (2/18) > >>

Bates:
yep, same here. If people aren't put off by the word metal (my peer group is mostly into pop music *shudder*) I usually add something about the C64 and the golden age of video gaming.

LAMu:
I was more thinking of a mixture of SiD-metal AND PunkMetal ... don't ask me ...

Laser Turret:
"Country & Western Cider-drinking Melodic Hip-hop Ska Latino Rap"

XeRXeS:
I think SiD-Metal is the best term you could really come up with to describe it, I think it's a bit pretentious and wanky to go off into the whole progressive-contemporary-melodic-instrumental-experimental-gothic-symphonic-hypnotic-shiggety-shiggety-shwa-jazz-hands nonsense of trying to define a genre while being as elitist as humanly possible :P

Sariya:

--- Quote from: XeRXeS on June 18, 2005, 05:47:45 pm ---I think SiD-Metal is the best term you could really come up with to describe it, I think it's a bit pretentious and wanky to go off into the whole progressive-contemporary-melodic-instrumental-experimental-gothic-symphonic-hypnotic-shiggety-shiggety-shwa-jazz-hands nonsense of trying to define a genre while being as elitist as humanly possible :P

--- End quote ---
Oi! Nothing beats "shiggety-shiggety-shwa-jazz-hands" as a description/definition.. don't be so elitist :P

I always just describe Machinae as "Metal", that's about as descriptive as I get until people ask more :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version