Author Topic: Puzzle game (Level editor)  (Read 17221 times)

Offline Spiff

Re: Puzzle game (Level editor)
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2005, 08:33:53 pm »
Well, try starting them out in different ways. If you get stuck too much trying to solve a level in a specific way, try another way, and maybe you'll get it. If you solved Evil Logic and Vertigo, surely you can solve the rest as well. I'd like at least someone see the fourth Secret level. :p Also, somewhere in the game there is a top secret area. Those with extreme skills, and who keep an eye open, will find it. (Teases)

Oh, and please try the level editor out. I really want people to check for bugs, as handling external files can make the game crash if you do it wrong (I've tested it extensively myself though).

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2005, 10:31:14 am »
I have now 100%'d the game!  I kept having trouble on "Blockade" but then ended up finishing with 1 spare block...  Go figure, eh?

Offline Spiff

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2005, 03:43:28 pm »
A spare block on Blockades? Tell me how you did it please, I thought I had finally sorted the Elite levels out. :p Also, if you got spare blocks on any other Hard or Elite level (not Easy or Medium), you have to tell me about them too.

Oh, and since you've beaten all the levels, did you find the secret area? There's a unique visual clue to finding it.

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2005, 06:19:52 am »
4-6: Blockades

1.  The block you start next to, place it diagonally left-up next to the coin on the right.
2.  Get the 5-block, move to the far left before you fall down to where the coin & 2 blocks are (The L and the Dot), place the 5-block next to you.
3.  Get the single block, move to the very bottom and get the coin.  Place the single block where the coin was, grab the block next to it.
4.  Get the coin that was under the 5-block, use the dot-block to reach where you started.
5.  Fall to the left, grab the L block, place it  on the square you found it on after you move left and jump (So you can get higher)
6.  Go through the warp, then the portal.

The leftover block is the one next to the L block.

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2005, 06:20:35 am »
The secret area...  no.  I've seen all the 4 bonus levels...  I like them, they're a nice change from the puzzles, more of a 'dodge the enemy', but the secret level...  Hrmm.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2005, 03:53:38 pm »
That was a very clever find, goob job. :) I'll fix the level now. Or if I'm feeling evil, I'll remove that extra block... :p

If you've played through all the levels, didn't you see something that was a bit out of place... literally? I guess the clue to finding the "top secret area" isn't evident enough, then. All I can say is, take a good look around the levels. Or do you want a better hint on finding it?

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2005, 09:58:32 pm »
I'm...  Not sure exactly what I'm looking for when you say "out of place"...  I looked through every level in the game and things more or less look fine where they are.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2005, 11:38:58 pm »
The visual clue to the secret area will be much more noticable in the next update (coming soon since there are so few changes), or rather, it's easier to see what exactly is "out of place". I can say that it's something that isn't quite placed where it should be in this game, but in a location that won't "break" the level because of it, or make the level play any differently. In the meantime, did you look everywhere, in corners and otherwise uninteresting places?

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2005, 01:26:44 am »
To be honest I just kind of eyeballed it...  I'll take another look.