Author Topic: Puzzle game (Level editor)  (Read 17219 times)

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
Re: I got sidetracked... (puzzle game)
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 01:12:24 am »
Ha!  Beat it.  Now, I say this:  Give me more levels.

MDX

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 02:11:38 am »
Screenshot.

Offline Spiff

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 11:31:35 pm »
Cool, Xeero! :) What did you think of the secret levels? Did you recognize all the games they referenced?

I just made an improvement that should've been implemented earlier; when you beat a secret level, you unlock its outfits. So now I always play as "Adventurer girl" (all the outfits have names now), the female outfit from Secret 3, because it's so darn cute. :p I've also done 10 of the Elite levels so far. Some are not that much different than the Hard levels, but Electric and Vertigo will give you nightmares - or you'll beat them in one minute, I dunno. :p It's really hard to create the Elite levels; there must be enough freedom of choice so the solution isn't obvious, but at the same time there must be only one true way to solve the level.

I still don't know which classic NES game I'll base Secret 4 on though. Or for that matter, I still haven't come up with a good, unique name for the game...

Smeagol

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2005, 11:32:48 pm »
Wait, you created it, but haven't won it?!

Offline Spiff

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2005, 11:42:14 pm »
Um, I mean that I've created 10 of the 12 Elite levels, not that I've made them all but only beat 10 of them. :p

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2005, 11:47:39 pm »
I still don't know which classic NES game I'll base Secret 4 on though
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Spiff

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2005, 01:24:34 am »
Dragon Quest? Do you mean Dragon Warrior? That's quite difficult in a side-view game. :p

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2005, 01:55:18 am »
Figure it out :P
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Spiff

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2005, 02:51:15 am »
Actually, I was thinking of Kid Icarus... it's one of my all-time favourite games after all.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2005, 02:52:24 am »
Kid Icarus is cool too... but not as cool as Dragon Quest

:P

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2005, 06:46:28 am »
I'm already starting to slow down around the medium levels.  Still, I'll finish it soon.  Stupid San Andreas keeps sucking me away from your unnamed puzzle game.

Hmm.

Maybe you could name it "Dragon Quest Puzzle" or something, then base the final level on Kid Icarus.  That way everyone is happy.  And confused.

chompy

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 04:24:37 pm »
It a fun, fast and easy game to learn but not to master. Much like the old NES game, I.E. Mario Bros

I give it two thumbs up out of two.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 07:04:21 pm »
It a fun, fast and easy game to learn but not to master. Much like Othello
Fixed

Offline Spiff

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2005, 12:10:26 am »
The demo is updated, with all levels except for Final done. That means there's another (beautiful, in my opinion) secret level with more outfits. I hope beating the Elite levels are worth it.

NOTE that since there's now a checksum protecting the savefile, you can't use the old savefile from the previous demo. This means you have to start from scratch, sorry about that. The game will automatically wipe the savefile and reset it with a correct checksum if it detects an error, so you can't cheat anymore. Tell me if the savefile ever resets itself unintentionally though - I've tested it extensively, but there may still be a bug in it.

Level 4-12: Eternal is still experimental. I'm thinking that it may be way too hard, even for being the last Elite level. The others should be well possible to beat after some thinking. Tell me what you think of the Elite levels, Eternal included, and Secret 4 if you reach it.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2005, 12:26:11 pm »
Noo! You can't wipe my old savefile. Half of those levels I do'nt remember how I completed them! They just worked one day!