Author Topic: GHOST!  (Read 35422 times)

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
Re: GHOST!
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2005, 01:21:41 pm »
i dont hear anything same you must be crazy  :o :o :o

MDX

« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2005, 01:23:37 pm »
I highly doubt it :) i wouldn't have brought up unless i was certain.

Smeagol

« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2005, 01:26:42 pm »
I highly doubt it :) i wouldn't have brought up unless i was certain.

Or teh drunkz0red.

MDX

« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2005, 01:28:58 pm »
Shall i post the riff to you know what you talking about? I'd rather people not assume im an arse head :) smeagol of all people i thot would have had verse heavy riff 1.mp3, which i had posted ages ago, under the title "march"

look i dont want to argue, especially not with robert, over this. I was just pointing it out that when i heard it, it sounded EXACTLY like part of one of the songs i've created. Which sorta takes the novelty away from the song i created, with it not being released yet. That was my 2 cents, i still like the whole thing though, gave me ideas for the riff :P

Smeagol

« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2005, 01:40:21 pm »
No I don't have March because you said it was the wrong filename for Slow (which I do have) and I can't see a connection, unless of course I misread it first time when it was posted and they are two different songs.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2005, 01:41:57 pm »
Look... Whether it is true or not, what you're saying, if the riffs are similar... Regardless, what I'm saying is true as well. You can't honestly believe that we sit at home thinking "oh man we suck to much to come up with a riff to this wow-song, we better steel someone else's"...

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

MDX

« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2005, 01:47:02 pm »
I wouldnt put it into that scenario, but seriously, i dont believe you intentionally took it, i just wanted to point it out. Fuck. Last time i bring up something.

This was what i was talking about.

http://amgproperties.co.uk/verse riff heavy 1.mp3

And i doubt you'd lie to me about it robert anyway, again i just wanted to point it out. I can slowly see myself being ganged up on by the rest of the forum crew but that's not to bother me, i wanted to get this across just incase it had passed your ears before and wasn't this particular sound byte, which could therefore mean that neither of us came up with the riff, and we have a phantom artist out there creating such marchtastic riffs..

MDX

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2005, 01:50:24 pm »
I can see this is intensifying, which is not what i want, or had wanted. So i am not holding onto an arguement long enough to rub sides with anybody, especially not robert n findil.

Smeagol

« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2005, 01:52:18 pm »
Ok, I can see where you're coming from on this one MDX, but I doubt they would take it. Both of you are skilled musicians are as such generally comply with the unwritten rule of not stealing another's work and crediting oneself with all work. I think if anything it's just a coincidence and not the band plagurisinng your work however many similarlarites crop up.

Intensifying? I don't really think so, as both sides have put across a reasonable discussion, it's not reaqlly heated whatseover.

MDX

« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2005, 01:57:39 pm »
NOOO god please dont assume that i THINK machinae are trying to steal my ideas. I wouldnt image robert would ever do anything like that, so i am not accusing him of that, it came out wrong, really it did, thats the trouble with internet and i know youll agree with me, if i hadda brought to rob face to face it woulda seemed less offensive, i wasnt trying to offend or accuse.

I was pointing out. That is all. And im just saying i'd rather not rub sides. But thats fine, i just would rather clear up that there were major similarities in the riff usage, but thinking it over riffs are going to be used again and again anyway so there's nothing to really be bothered about. I overreacted. I pulled a potatimus, or whatever that be-eth =/ sorry.

EDIT: i mean come on, do you think it would make a feasible arguement to say "hey you riffed similar to a song i made, i want you to edit so its not similar anymore, st34l3rzzeetcetc l4m3"

Seriously, it didn't bother me to the point i'd wanna bawl n shout over it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 02:03:51 pm by megadokyo »

Smeagol

« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2005, 02:50:31 pm »
Right, that's cleared that up then. Back to post whoring I go :)

Offline Pod

• Zzzzzaaaaap
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2005, 03:14:36 pm »
I notice the similarity, it has the same rhythm. However, I don't think they would actually steal a riff from A FAN.

Afterall, they'd be the first person to notice. You steal riffs from someone who's dead and can't complain, like Lennon.

Isn't it a pretty standard riff, anyway? I bet Metallica have it somewhere in their back catalouge...

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2005, 03:16:22 pm »
I'm listening to the riff... And I hear 1 ("one") similarity, and that's the thrash-rhythm going on the guitar the entire way through... And that rhythm is a fairly common one, used in a gazillion thrash metal songs, and even in Metallica's "Don't Tread on me", to name a specific example.

That's the only similarity, and you raise a plagiarism claim based on that. Your claim is bogus, I'm afraid, and to think that such a similarity constitutes a rip-off is somewhat offending to me, even though I never heard your riff before.

This discussion ends here.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?