Author Topic: battlefield 2  (Read 14930 times)

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
battlefield 2
« on: June 15, 2005, 07:30:39 pm »
YEAH the demo is out! the realese is 29th june in sweden :) or was it 27... hmm, anyway, this game am i going to BUY! so i can play online :) looks soo awesome!

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Lexx

Re: battlefield 2
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 09:47:40 pm »
Why is everyone so fussed about this demo? The original wasn't really very good and it's just a demo.

Lx.

MDX

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:34:07 pm »
WANKERS!

i needed to unwind, it's been a tough day

Ahh.. no need for unlining and boldness, just felt i would test my basic forum post altering skills. Annual thing.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 07:50:51 am »
The multiplayer demo is just fricken amazingly fun. ;D

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 08:54:13 am »
I hated Battlefield 1942.  Desert Combat was meh, mainly cause I never played it with friends.  But after a couple days of playing the BF2 with a couple of my friends, I've gone and pre-ordered the game.  It's just a ton of fun.  I play as Mecha-Saddam (reference to this)these days cause some jerk already took Turtle.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 07:23:54 pm »
the original battlefield was quite simply the best thing ever. I've played the BF2 demo a lil and its fun, pity my machine isnt really up to it.

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 08:51:25 pm »
Classic BF was one of the few team shooters I got into, so I'll try BF2 out.

Smeagol

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 08:54:32 pm »
Classic BF was one of the few team shooters I got into, so I'll try BF2 out.

Team? That might explain something then ;)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 09:05:00 pm »
Team shooters >>>>>>>>>>>> solo shooters

Only problem with them is you get a truckload of asshat "cowboys" that want to be heroes, and then your plan goes to sod.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 02:41:11 am »
agreed. Man i really miss my old battlefield playin days, our clan rocked ass and featured a lot of people I knew in real life (inc MDX) it great. think i'll go play the bf2 demo now lol, reminiscing has got me in the mood!

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 03:00:52 pm »
ANY game is better playing it LAN.  The very physical closeness of being able to yell "You spawncamping n00b arsehole!" at the guy across the room makes it a big difference.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline XeRXeS

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 06:38:27 pm »
Not to mention the fact that if you're in the same room, you can throw things ;) But yeah, LAN party stuff 0wns, especially if you have a completely free house for a week, with guys gaming in every room into the early hours of the morning, and got very very drunk in the process :D

Still haven't gotten around to playing the BF2 demo myself, but I thought the original game was bloody cool, especially for team battles, so I'll be sure to give it a bash :)

MDX

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 09:50:50 pm »
Played it, didnt amaze me apart from the graphics really, which are fucking awesome, though mighta just been the shit man i was playing.

Good game, made me miss bf1942 JeT-Raven Clan days, eh Pj? :(

chompy

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 09:11:01 am »
ANY game is better playing it LAN.  The very physical closeness of being able to yell "You spawncamping n00b arsehole!" at the guy across the room makes it a big difference.
I concur, you can go and smak him/her over the head if you wish too. I was playing it yesterday, and I'm not impressed. Like there is so much hype surrounding this game and it is just like playing battlefield 1942 with a BF 2 mod for it with high res maps.  They havent really added anything new into the game. I do like the vechiles in it and the weapsons you can get too. Its so fun trying to fly the JSF properlly, just hold down the s button and use it like a helicopter.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 02:20:22 am »
helicopters are so much fun once you mastered them.. generally there are always noobs who jack them in front of your nose so you join as passenger and next thing you know they crash it in the water.