Author Topic: bass info?  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Boaz

• Its good to be home with friends!
bass info?
« on: June 04, 2005, 07:23:08 pm »
howdy gents, i hope were all ahving a good saturday...bu ill cut to the chase. I'm thinking about trying out bass, but, I don't know as much about bass as i do guitar so i'd apreciate bassists inputs on what kinds of basses are good and the like (VT you better post here). yah so post away i'd liek to make an informed buy.
The basic instincts of all guys in the wild:
1) Get big sticks
2) SMASH THE SHISTA OUT OF THINGS
3) Make fire
4) Burninate

Offline Xeero

• Awesome!
    • The Exclaimers?
Re: bass info?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 07:42:13 am »
I have a Yamaha...  The one at school's also a Yamaha, they're pretty solid.  Models and such I can't tell you about though, sorry.

Offline XeRXeS

Re: bass info?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 09:07:10 pm »
Yeah Yamaha basses are fairly common and are fairly solid things...  it really comes down to how you personally feel about each and how much you want to spend. Pretty much all the big guitar makers have bass guitars; Fender, Ibanez, ESP, BC Rich, and most others that you could name. While they may all be high quality (and high price) you may vastly prefer one over the other, so how someone else feels about them isn't necessarily a good indication. Generally it's no different from buying a guitar; the best thing is to head down to a music shop and even if you don't buy from them, have a play yourself on a few different ones and see what styles you like.