Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 730392 times)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #735 on: March 10, 2006, 05:43:26 am »
I really don't care so much about the In Flames change, I simply listen to Dark Tranquillity instead which is probably best described as by one of my friends, "What is that? Super awesome version of In Flames?" :P However, I dislike the newer Sentenced stuff. I much prefer their older death/doom metal before they became, what is imo, boring and uninspired gothic metal and then rock. Amorphis on the other hand bothers me considerably more; I really liked their early half or so and then they pulled the exact same thing the Sentanced did.  :'(

I have the Dark Tranquility album Damage Done, good shit, it also somehow reminded me a little of bits of Amon Amarth. I can't disagree that some of the newer Sentenced is boring, but there is still plenty of gold being shat out. Amorphis I'm not fmailiar with, I just know that they are Finnish.

[...]

If you like that DT album you should really grab their other albums, not doing so would be a great injustice against your ears.

Concerto Moon - Rain Forest: Melodic power metal from Japan and they have good vocals unlike every other Japanese power metal band I've heard! Hurray!
Seraphim - Ai: Symphonic Power metal and about the closest you'll find to Nightwish (but it still isn't Nightwish).
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline A.C. Helm

• VIking
« Reply #736 on: March 11, 2006, 03:42:09 am »
I really don't care so much about the In Flames change, I simply listen to Dark Tranquillity instead which is probably best described as by one of my friends, "What is that? Super awesome version of In Flames?" :P However, I dislike the newer Sentenced stuff. I much prefer their older death/doom metal before they became, what is imo, boring and uninspired gothic metal and then rock. Amorphis on the other hand bothers me considerably more; I really liked their early half or so and then they pulled the exact same thing the Sentanced did.  :'(

I have the Dark Tranquility album Damage Done, good shit, it also somehow reminded me a little of bits of Amon Amarth. I can't disagree that some of the newer Sentenced is boring, but there is still plenty of gold being shat out. Amorphis I'm not fmailiar with, I just know that they are Finnish.

[...]

If you like that DT album you should really grab their other albums, not doing so would be a great injustice against your ears.

Concerto Moon - Rain Forest: Melodic power metal from Japan and they have good vocals unlike every other Japanese power metal band I've heard! Hurray!
Seraphim - Ai: Symphonic Power metal and about the closest you'll find to Nightwish (but it still isn't Nightwish).

Will do... and hey! two more bands to look up!

Sepultura | Refuse Resist
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 03:38:13 am by A.C. Helm »
Fuck what I want.
Fuck what I need.
I'll sacrifice what I believe.
My little girlscout, your mouth is getting sore.
Will you love me any less, if I hurt you any more?

Offline Frigger

• hi xD
« Reply #737 on: March 11, 2006, 07:26:03 pm »
"music" from the Moonpod Demos (by MaSu of course^^)
*bounce*

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #738 on: March 11, 2006, 08:26:54 pm »
As for the Girugamesh band, they sound like Stone Sour or Mudvayne, or bands along those lines. Neither are bands I really like, but they seem to be the closest thing to the "sing the verse-scream the chorus" formula that Girugamesh seems to be using. More like Stone Sour, but can be found in a lot of mainstream hard rock nowadays.

I honestly can't think of anything that sounds similar to 12012.  :P A number of bands with the same kinds of guitar and whatnot, but the vocals are completely unique. Actually kind of gives me that Rob Zombie/horror punk feel.

D'espairsRay... why ruin it by looking for a band that sounds like them? That song is actually really good. Doesn't matter if you can understand what they sing, it's still beautiful.  :)
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Smeagol

« Reply #739 on: March 11, 2006, 08:38:32 pm »
As for the Girugamesh band, they sound like Stone Sour or Mudvayne, or bands along those lines. Neither are bands I really like, but they seem to be the closest thing to the "sing the verse-scream the chorus" formula that Girugamesh seems to be using.

WOW THOSE BANDS ARE LIEK TOTALLY ORIGINAL AND UNIQUE.

Offline harvey danger

• Machinae Prime
  • Werd
« Reply #740 on: March 11, 2006, 09:00:02 pm »
I NO RIGT?
That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

Offline A.C. Helm

• VIking
« Reply #741 on: March 12, 2006, 03:46:15 am »
Guitar Vader | Magical Girl

Makes me want to play Jet Grind Radio again.
Fuck what I want.
Fuck what I need.

Offline HackNeyed

• Inside these walls we wait
« Reply #742 on: March 12, 2006, 04:08:23 am »
I find it really hard to explain my music tastes because I don't really know genres that well. To me there's just rock and metal.
Tell you what, if I upload a couple of the Japanese songs I like to Yousendit, could someone give them a listen and tell me if there are any English-speaking bands who sound similar?... yatta yatta

I'm not very good with genres either, and while i dont think i know any bands like those songs, i downloaded your zip so i'll give it a shot and suggest the bands that come to mind.

Mouja no koushin kinda makes me think of a grand MaSu sound mixed with Death Metal and the little of what i know Jpop to be, though i could be crazy. Mouja and Degree also make me think of the band Eths, but not so much as their French and mostly scream too much, not really the same but whatever.

Mouja, Degree and mostly Fallen kinda make me think of a happier Stabbing Westward but who are still heavy, but again, not really the same as your tracks. But i like them, their quality music. Hopefully this hasn't been a complete and utter waste of our time, but it probably was... :)

42 MB of some select tracks. http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=01NMGHEV4TSPO2RBA9ZP2TN1TC
While we wait for them to rise
In this world of sickened pleads
No matter where you run to...
The living dead will find you!
"March of the Undead" Trilogy

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #743 on: March 12, 2006, 04:19:58 am »
Screamo stuff

I don't know why I like you.  :P
so you do like me :)

I never said "Screamo stuff" in that post though.

EDIT : Whoah page 50 already !
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 04:26:05 am by Radicz0r »

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #744 on: March 12, 2006, 06:27:28 am »
Guitar Vader | Magical Girl

Makes me want to play Jet Grind Radio again.
Good band, good song, good game. I bought the album it's on (Die Happy!) and the rest is rad as well.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #745 on: March 12, 2006, 11:48:01 am »
This is like my first ever post in this thread!! Omgwtf. So listen up.

Celldweller

Fucking awesome. After Rad sent me a few tracks, I've been hooked (to a certain song especially: The Last Firstborn). Celldweller is fantastic, I'm deperately trying to get his CD - seems like I'll have to import it in through Amazon, but it'll have to hold it while after my holiday.... argh.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 12:24:09 pm by Akakori (Laser) »

Offline A.C. Helm

• VIking
« Reply #746 on: March 12, 2006, 12:09:31 pm »
This is like my first ever post in this thread!! Omgwtf. So listen up.

Celldweller

Fucking awesome. After Rad sent me a few tracks, I've been hooked (to a certain song especially: The Last Firstborn). Celldweller is fantastic, I'm deperately trying to get his CD - seems like I'll have to import it in through Amazon, but I'll have to hold it while after my holiday.... argh.

I know Celldweller, not sure if I like them yet, so I'm downloading that track you mentioned to see if it can hold my attention.
EDIT: Celldweller is A.C. certified awesomeness, love it!

X Japan | Xclamation
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:42:27 pm by A.C. Helm »
Fuck what I want.
Fuck what I need.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #747 on: March 12, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »
I find it really hard to explain my music tastes because I don't really know genres that well. To me there's just rock and metal.
Tell you what, if I upload a couple of the Japanese songs I like to Yousendit, could someone give them a listen and tell me if there are any English-speaking bands who sound similar?... yatta yatta

I'm not very good with genres either, and while i dont think i know any bands like those songs, i downloaded your zip so i'll give it a shot and suggest the bands that come to mind.

Mouja no koushin kinda makes me think of a grand MaSu sound mixed with Death Metal and the little of what i know Jpop to be, though i could be crazy. Mouja and Degree also make me think of the band Eths, but not so much as their French and mostly scream too much, not really the same but whatever.

Mouja, Degree and mostly Fallen kinda make me think of a happier Stabbing Westward but who are still heavy, but again, not really the same as your tracks. But i like them, their quality music. Hopefully this hasn't been a complete and utter waste of our time, but it probably was... :)

42 MB of some select tracks. http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=01NMGHEV4TSPO2RBA9ZP2TN1TC

Thanks *downloading* It hasn't been a waste at all, and I'm glad some of you are willing to help me out. And I've gotten to show off 3 excellent bands that I really love ^_^

tomas

« Reply #748 on: March 12, 2006, 01:41:40 pm »
U most check out Soak The Sin http://www.soakthesin.com/video2.html
they relasing theirs debut album very soon... listen, bring it in... they deserve it.

hope we will tour w them...

really good shit...

Offline A.C. Helm

• VIking
« Reply #749 on: March 12, 2006, 03:37:39 pm »
Celldweller | Own Little World
Fuck what I want.
Fuck what I need.