Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 654780 times)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2005, 09:18:31 pm »
Ass if is dead

We finally gave in. We're quitters. So what.

BIG THANKS to all you people who lended us your stuff, rocked out at our shows, made sweet, smelly love to us and put up with our shit in general. We love you.

Feel free to download our songs as they were intended to be heard.

Greetz Ass if.

Pftt, n00bs.

I'll probably download the crap tommorow.

GYAARRRRRRR .. FCKK..@#%$:@#%@<%:L,

Ok, you done it.

ph34r.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2005, 10:57:27 pm »
Sonic Youth, BANZAI!

Specifically, Washing Machine album.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Julmis

• Steven commands you! Obey!
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2005, 12:05:32 am »
Bal-Sagoth - The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire (Part: III)    Great band!  >:I Check it out!

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2005, 07:16:39 am »
I still say, when in need of a super-underground band to be elitist with, "7000 Dying Rats - The Sound of One Hand Clapping!"

ftw.

BUt currently listening? Uhm... shuffle mode. Seems heavy on the salsa currently.

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2005, 07:19:22 pm »
Pfa, Disque 9 = more elitist than 7000 Dying Rats.

I think.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

chompy

« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2005, 11:19:05 am »
Visions of Atlantis

Anyone who likes Nightwish or Epica or Within Temptation or any symphonic metal should definitely check them out. Their video Lost is particularly addictive for some reason which I'm 99% sure is because of their singer (the female one). She sounds so much like Tarja its kinda creepy almost.
lol, I really love Nightwish, but I don't like Visions of Atlantis, Epica or Within Temptation very much. Stop saying if you like nightwish you'll like this one.

WHen I loaded up the video to atlantis I thought my computer was borked. The male singer sounds like he is from New Zeland.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 11:38:57 am by Chompy »

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2005, 03:17:50 pm »
Haven't checked Atlantis yet (except for the Stargate series... is it just me or does Tori Higginson play her character with a hint of Sigourney Weaver in it?) but the formula "if you like Nightwish you'll like..." worked for me. Epica FTW!

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2005, 11:41:36 pm »
Just got After Forever's new album Remagine. r0x.

I've also come across a bunch of melodic death thats new to me, I may or may not have mentioned some of them already:

Lothlorien
Enforsaken
Wintersun
Mors Principium Est
The Duskfall
Scar Symmetry
Watch Me Fall
Dark Age
Diablo
Quo Vadis
Cipher System
Edge of Sanity

They are indeed hawt. Any fans of Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Norther, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and etc are encouraged to check some of these out if you haven't already.

Visions of Atlantis

Anyone who likes Nightwish or Epica or Within Temptation or any symphonic metal should definitely check them out. Their video Lost is particularly addictive for some reason which I'm 99% sure is because of their singer (the female one). She sounds so much like Tarja its kinda creepy almost.
lol, I really love Nightwish, but I don't like Visions of Atlantis, Epica or Within Temptation very much. Stop saying if you like nightwish you'll like this one.

WHen I loaded up the video to atlantis I thought my computer was borked. The male singer sounds like he is from New Zeland.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Austria actually. :P

Visions of Atlantis

Also check out Leaves Eyes, ankle, if you already havent, make it so.
+1 Star Trek refrence.
Already have their albums, had to check them out as I <3 Theatre of Tragedy before Liv Kristine left.

"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2005, 11:53:59 pm »
Soilwork, Soilwork, Clutch, Soilwork, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Soilwork, and Soilwork.

Clutch at the Webster in CT on 9/11/05

Can't fucking wait.

You babel-rabble-rousers
In polyester trousers.

tomas

« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2005, 07:03:44 pm »
CHECK OUT..... Passanger "Passanger" an album from -03, the singer from InFlames other band, much better then inflames!!!!!
Song no1 "In Reverse" = AWSOME  ::) :D ;)

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2005, 07:08:02 pm »

Lexx

« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2005, 07:14:04 pm »
CHECK OUT..... Passanger "Passanger" an album from -03, the singer from InFlames other band, much better then inflames!!!!!

Aye, discovered this band a month or so ago. Fucking awesome. I really lke In Reverse, Circles, Used, Circus.

I just hope they produce more music some day.

tomas

« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2005, 07:16:41 pm »
I really lke In Reverse, Circles, Used, Circus.

I just hope they produce more music some day.

i agree with u

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #253 on: October 11, 2005, 01:43:00 am »
Had a few songs from years ago on p2p, picked the album up at last early this year when I went to grab the new Nightwish one. I prefer the old In Flames albums or Dark Tranquillity but its still good. Gardenian + In Flames guys.

I've been coming across alot of melodic death lately so here is a list of some that I particularly liked:

Detonation
Searing Meadow
Sonic Syndicate
Mistweaver
Gates of Ishtar
The Fith Sun

Dragonlord, good Black/Thrash metal from testament/nevermore/old mans child members.
Edguy, great power metal.
Haggard, incredable symphonic metal. This band probably makes Rhapsody envious. Their album Eppur Si Muove is soooo good. I've only heard one of their past ones and it wasn't as good, but I'm definitely looking forward to more from this band.
Gojira, awesome death metal. I wasn't expecting anything great but this totally pwned my face off with their From Mars to Sirus album.
Old Man's Child, great melodic black.
The Sins of Thy Beloved, excellent gothic metal.
Tvangeste, awesome symphonic black metal from russia that moved to Canada.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 01:50:21 am by Ankle »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #254 on: October 11, 2005, 02:03:12 am »
Edguy own.