Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 732218 times)

MDX

Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2005, 01:07:55 pm »
Fools.

Smeagol

« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2005, 06:51:04 pm »
I've seen one In Flames video on TV, and that was for The Quiet Place. Trivium aren't too bad IMO, and it's not only in the states that metalcore is popular, almost all of the emo kids love it. But considering recent new bands who have become well known: My Chemical Romance, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine etc etc.
Emo and metalcore.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2005, 07:06:47 pm »
I saw metallica on tv yesterday ..
  :P

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2005, 07:13:12 pm »

If they're weren't being shot in the head, I'm not interested.

MDX

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2005, 07:32:23 pm »
Brave new words.

*cough*

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2005, 07:33:13 pm »

If they're weren't being shot in the head, I'm not interested.

come on , they're not THAT bad, they good some good songs, like The prince or something.

MDX

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2005, 07:36:46 pm »
No, theyre not bad at all, infact theyre a revolutionary piece of work and st.anger was a great album, despite the fumbled rejections of it by the airheaded public.

A therapudic album, and it did the trick, theyre still around now, and i still think theyre awesome. I dont listen to them as much anymore but i still think they're a damn good band, theyre not bad, and if you think that then your opinion needs a reality check, people who assume bands are BAD because they dont like them, don't necessarily grasp the number one dictating opinion of us all, you may think theyre bad, but you're tastes just aren't up to scratch :) I dont like all music, doesn't mean i believe what i don't like is bad, its doing something for SOMEBODY, right?

Anyway, i dont wanna go on a rant here but americans foreign policy makes about as much sense as baenwolf having sex with robert fulton as the first battle of antidea.. or something.. etc (end family guy quote)

Smeagol

« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2005, 07:38:51 pm »
I really hated st.anger with a vengeance, only the title song and The Unnamed Feeling are any good. Old Metallica should be compulsory listening for most people.

But, to quote from Audioscrobbler once again

Lars is a giant cock.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2005, 08:03:59 pm »
Bad isn't a fact, it's an opinion. At least it is when describing somethin like music.

I don't dislike Metallica because of who they are or anything. I dislike them, because I have heard their music and I just don't like it. I think this comes down to the fact that I'm not really a metal fan. I'm not really into it.

I'm sure you've heard other people (adults/parents usually) say that your music is just load of noise. Well, that's what I think when I hear some metal tracks. Other genres like dance, techno, rave are just noise to me. And to me Latino and Western all sound the same.

But unlike other people, I realise that the more you are immersed in a genre, the more you see in it. People say that what I listen to just sounds like a random bag of noises, but I disagree - I can hear so much in a track. On the other end, a while back I said techno all sounded the same to somebody who loved techno, and they told me about all these things that I couldn't hear.

Music is different for different people. Of course what is bad for someone means the world for someone else. But it is my own opinion that Metallica are crap.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 08:15:12 pm by Laser Aka »

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2005, 08:32:47 pm »
I think Metallica are crap too, if it makes you feel bett-ah.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Smeagol

« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2005, 08:34:11 pm »
* Fiindil thinks of criticizing Magicman's Cake leave-onnage then takes a look in his music folder

* Fiindil runs away

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2005, 08:34:36 pm »
>:]
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

MDX

« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2005, 01:25:41 am »
Laser: i hear that good buddy, ten fuckin four baby!

i wasn't shooting you down, i just remembered it being replicated somewhere else, alot over here, so i freak at any replicas of the situations i freaked at in the past involving people mixing fact with opinion/taste.

Carry on with life as planned.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2005, 01:48:57 am »
ok, so what about Penny-

i mean Def Leppard.

I hate them SO0o0o much they suck they suck they suck.. and yeah that's about it.

MDX

« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2005, 01:49:58 am »
Ahhh Def Leppaoardhodhad.. memories of making out to animal.. muahahahhaahO_O!