Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 670809 times)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1320 on: July 27, 2006, 06:12:31 am »
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars
Black. Really long songs and epic perhaps but different most definitely. I like it and they try something different from the usual established and cliche black metal.

Heavenly Bride - Wonder
Gothic. Soooo boring and horrible.

Folkearth - A Nordic Poem
Folk. This band has like a bajillion members and I was expecting something epic and all around awesome but all I got was boringness.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

chompy

« Reply #1321 on: July 27, 2006, 09:05:26 am »
lol stop posting spam, excpet for Fiindil

Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
We Are Scientists - With Love a Squalor
Dragon Force - Inhuman Rampage / Sonic Firestorm
Voltaire - Almost Human

Offline Sirix

• Self proclaimed forum Villain
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1322 on: July 27, 2006, 10:11:25 pm »

Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

I REALLY liked them for about a month... but now I can't stand the sound of them.
they wear out fast IMO... the only song I still like is uh.. that one... "these tables are numbered honey etc etc etc"

MDX

« Reply #1323 on: July 27, 2006, 10:31:32 pm »
Well i've been learning piano pieces lately so i've decided i'd learn kanye west - heard em say piano loop, in the background, because despite kanye rapping over it, i really like the riff.

Offline Darlizzle

« Reply #1324 on: July 30, 2006, 02:21:46 pm »
my first post, go me lol

well at the  moment i be listening to

follow - breaking benjamin, they rock

but straight after i am going to listen to Ronin, god i love that song  ;D
arg, redeemer kicks sooooooooo much ass... but deus ex machinae kicks even more ass !!!

Offline Crazywater

« Reply #1325 on: July 30, 2006, 02:24:23 pm »
This song reminds me of Return to Snake Mountain.
We're open to such things, we've even talked many times about doing it with Inja, but in a way that's redundant because we can already get Erica
:o brown chicken brown cow :o

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #1326 on: July 31, 2006, 10:57:32 am »
Draconian - The Burning Halo
Doom/Gothic. Yay new album from one of my favourite bands. Of course its not much of an album, three new songs, three rerecorded ones from their demo and two covers. The cover suck because they aren't doomy. The other six are pure pwnage. <3

Demonic Resurrection - A Darkness Descends
Symphonic Black/Power. This band plays an interesting mix of power and symphonic black metal. I love it except the clean vocals used (thankfully) very lightly here and there. Some pretty sexy blast beats, well not some, lots.

Coldseed - Completion Makes the Tragedy
Gothic/Power according to metal archives. I couldn't come to any other conclusion other than pure garbage. I expected much more from a band involving the ex-drummer from Blind Guardian and currently Savage Circus.

Mastodon - Remission
Progressive Sludge according to metal archives but I disagree, maybe Progressive Death? Maybe. All around awesome.

Rose Rovine E Amanti - Rituale Romanum
Folk Metal. This is definitely interesting. I'm not sure if I like it but I don't dislike it. Some very long song titles on this album.

Mirzadeh - The Creatures of Loviatar
Melodic Black. Pretty damn good. I really like it. I suck at writing anything more details than that.

And related to music, my very own sob story.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #1327 on: July 31, 2006, 05:02:10 pm »
wow... im glad i clicked that link... i just installed rockbox on my ipod nano, and ripped a cd to ogg... WOO! GAPLESS PLAYBACK!! i've been looking for a way to get gapless playback on my ipod for a long time. applaudages.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #1328 on: July 31, 2006, 07:23:41 pm »
3 hours of battery life isn't worth gapless playback to me.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #1329 on: July 31, 2006, 08:24:00 pm »
hmm... i havent checked the battery life yet... i'll give it a stress test tonight or tomorrow :P

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #1330 on: August 01, 2006, 12:33:33 am »
3 hours of battery life isn't worth gapless playback to me.

It is for me. I don't consider anything worthy of playing music unless it can do gapless. Besides, I use it 99% of the time in a vehicle where I can just use a car adapter.

SomethingApt, I know the battery life is pretty awful already but I'd like to know how long yours lasts.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #1331 on: August 01, 2006, 01:05:43 pm »
been playing music for a few hours now, and the battery meter is still above half, not sure how accurate it is though, im going to run it flat today and find out. on the website it says that the ipods are not fully optimised and dont last as long as the default firmware... im assuming that the main cause of this is the hardrive... since my nano has flash memory it probably isnt affected as much as the other models.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 01:07:21 pm by SomethingApt »

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #1332 on: August 01, 2006, 06:10:37 pm »
since my nano has flash memory it probably isnt affected as much as the other models.
Perhaps. I have a 4G iPod, and I could visibly see the battery meter going down. It was dead in three hours.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #1333 on: August 01, 2006, 06:57:06 pm »
started with about 90ish% charge in my nano... it took over 7 hours of solid playback to completely drain the battery. more than adequate for me.

Offline Asor

• There is something in the darkness... lurking
« Reply #1334 on: August 01, 2006, 07:28:00 pm »
Well, at the moment im listening to this:

Blind Guardian - Beyond The Realms Of Death
I really like this cover(Judas Priest I think), and I think the story of the song is kinda sad, its about some dude that shells inside his own mind cause the world "isnt fit for living in with all its sins".

And after that i'm listening to

Lake of Tears - The Homecoming
I really loved this song from the moment I first heard it, makes me feel all calm and relaxed, like the most calm songs of LoT do, I really like em and hope they will make some new songs soon
and btw if anyone cares, the avatar im using at the moment makes me really think of visual LoT song or something, been using this picture for ages :O
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

<Stormy-> oh god, I need boxers which has a print "Violator" on it
<@Asor> altho I think more fitting would be "Through the Looking Glass", amirite?