Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 668119 times)

chompy

Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #1110 on: June 01, 2006, 10:30:35 am »
DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage
I never liked it at the start then it grew on my like a brick to the face type of album.

New one by Lacuna Coil

Flaming Lips - Yoshimi battles the pink robots

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #1111 on: June 01, 2006, 02:22:44 pm »
DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage
I never liked it at the start then it grew on my like a brick to the face type of album.

Hellion Sounds - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)

(Note: when I link shit, it means you can download it :O )

And if it's uploaded, it's elite enough to download
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #1112 on: June 02, 2006, 01:39:18 am »
Beyond Twilight - For The Love Of Art And The Making

i've said before... it's an incredible album. just one epic 40 minute track. listen to a sample here: http://www.beyondtwilight.com/samples/fortheloveofartandthemaking1.mp3

you wont regret it ;)

chompy

« Reply #1113 on: June 02, 2006, 04:46:38 am »
Mad ups to SomethingGood and Cloud for introducing me to the Devin Townsend band via Vampiria. I have to say the synchestra album is the first cd that I've loved from the word go, all the tracks are done very well, different and nice sounds (see wall of sound effect) . Heck I'm even listening to it now, my third time around :P

Hellion Sounds - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)

(Note: when I link shit, it means you can download it :O )

And if it's uploaded, it's elite enough to download
Downloading..

Offline Barbossa

• Neebossa O.o
« Reply #1114 on: June 02, 2006, 09:32:47 am »
Machinae Supremacy- sidology episode 2-trinity

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #1115 on: June 02, 2006, 11:07:55 pm »
Yearning - With Tragedies Adorned
Doom. Quite enjoyable, provided you are into doom.

Lunarsea - Hydrodynamic Wave
Melodic Death. I was expecting yet another crappy metalcore band trying to incorporate melodic death into their music but no, there was nothing metalcore about it thankfully. Unexpectedly good ol' melodic death.

Leaves' Eyes - Legend Land
Gothic/Symphonic. New EP and it is awesome, not really anything else to say.

Serpent - Cradle of Insanity
Melodic Death. I can't think of anything insightful to say, but I quite like this album.

Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Avantgarde Thrash/Death. Why haven't I heard of them before? Really good stuff.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 12:30:31 am by Ankle »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Lysander

« Reply #1116 on: June 03, 2006, 12:31:45 am »
H.I.M- Love Metal

Pwnage.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1117 on: June 03, 2006, 01:10:04 am »
Killswitch engage - end of the heartace.

Offline Miles_Ex_Machina

• Sven Vollfied, once gentleman, always a gentleman
« Reply #1118 on: June 03, 2006, 02:10:30 am »
DragonForce, all of their new album, "Inhuman Rampage".

Love kills time, time kills love...

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #1119 on: June 03, 2006, 10:56:24 am »
Chrome Division - Doomsday Rock n Roll
Heavy metal, almost hard rock at times. This involving the vocalist of the Kovenant had me very interested when it first came up long ago. However, I must say I found it very disapointing. Definitely not the kind of music I expected they'd be doing and most definitely not something I enjoy.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Cloud

• World Hate Center
« Reply #1120 on: June 03, 2006, 12:48:11 pm »
Mad ups to SomethingGood and Cloud for introducing me to the Devin Townsend band via Vampiria. I have to say the synchestra album is the first cd that I've loved from the word go, all the tracks are done very well, different and nice sounds (see wall of sound effect) . Heck I'm even listening to it now, my third time around :P

Personally, I think Terria (2003) was far superior to Synchestra, but Synchestra is surely a superb album.

Terria, however, has one track that Synchestra does not have:

Devin Townsend - Earth Day (downloadable!)

Quite possibly Devin Townsend's masterpiece.  I sent that song to my girlfriend when we were first talking and she said something along the lines of "Jesus, this song is such a headtrip."  It's since become "our song".

The only song that's ever remotely come close to it on any Devin Townsend album I've heard is "Pixillate" from Synchestra.  I still have to give Infinity, Ocean Machine and Accelerated Evolution a serious listen, though, but I hear that Infinity was the album Devin wrote while he was self-institutionalized (he's bipolar, so he put himself in "the madhouse" and consequently wrote an album from his thoughts during and prior to his time there).

Speaking of Devin Townsend, Strapping Young Lad's new album, The New Black leaked (has a July 6th release date).  I downloaded it and I can say that I wasn't entirely impressed with it.  Probably be one I delete from my PC sooner or later.  I might pick it up, because Devin Townsend is my musical god and I should own everything he has created (even the hard to find Punky Bruster album).

Beyond Twilight - For The Love Of Art And The Making

i've said before... it's an incredible album. just one epic 40 minute track. listen to a sample here: http://www.beyondtwilight.com/samples/fortheloveofartandthemaking1.mp3

you wont regret it ;)

I grew very bored with Beyond Twilight very quickly, but I figure I'll have to give them another listen sometime soon.  Nothing they did kept me very interested...

Leaves' Eyes - Legend Land
Gothic/Symphonic. New EP and it is awesome, not really anything else to say.

Woo.  Seeing Leaves' Eyes with Blind Guardian on November 8th.  Will be an awesome show, and I sure hope they play "Norwegian Lovesong", but I doubt they will, because that song is probably too slow to play at a Guardian show. O:

H.I.M- Love Metal

Pwnage.

lmfao

H.I.M. is probably the worst band to ever emerge from the depths of Finland, aside from maybe Kylähullut, but that band was meant to be a drunken joke.

God, I hate Ville Valo. XD

And it doesn't help that Hot Topic just loves them.  Further enforces my hate.

BUT, ENOUGH REPLYING.

::

The Project Hate - The Bleeding Eyes Of A Breeding Whore (downloadable!)

I've had this album (Armageddon March Eternal (Symphonies Of Slit Wrists)) for some time, but I haven't seriously listened to it since I've had it.  Just listened to the first track ("At  The Entrance To Hell's Unholy Fire"; downloadable!) repeatedly and forgot about the rest of the album.
However, the rest of the album is such ownage that I can't imagine why I didn't listen to it earlier!  This Industrial Melodic Death Metal band (yeah, very fucking wordy, but it totally describes them to a 't') from Örebro, Sweden is fucking powerful.  Track after track, this album delivers with a vengeance.  Their anti-Christian themes make them seem very Satanic, but the musical quality is so good, it's hard not to listen to.  No outstanding solos or anything, but just heaviness after heaviness delivered by Jörgen Sandström doing insane growling vocals and lighter interludes of female vocals done by Jonna Enckell (personally, I think her voice is kinda weak, but it works most of the time).  Both vocal pieces are very well-paced and timed, so neither gets to a point where it's "boring" or annoying.

Sure, the album is only eight tracks long, but it does clock in at over an hour in length, showing that you don't need 15 tracks to make an album that's lengthy. \m/

Seriously, this is solid stuff and will make mallcore fans run in terror, because they think bands like Slipknot are "THE TRUEST EVARRR!!!!!" and will make even the most elitist death metal fan nod in appreciation.

This music is not for the weak of heart.  It is like attempting to tear your soul out through your ears.

It's fucking delicious.
"Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab today!  Ball bag grab!  Ball bag grab!  Otherwise, you are gay!" - DragonForce

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #1121 on: June 04, 2006, 11:29:50 pm »
Killswitch Engage -  Rose Of Sharyn

The file name is wrong, but yeah. Its that song allright :)

Lysander

« Reply #1122 on: June 04, 2006, 11:57:52 pm »
lmfao

H.I.M. is probably the worst band to ever emerge from the depths of Finland, aside from maybe Kylähullut, but that band was meant to be a drunken joke.

God, I hate Ville Valo. XD

And it doesn't help that Hot Topic just loves them.  Further enforces my hate.

I gave up caring what you thought long ago. I personally think Ville Valo has a great voice.
EDIT: I listened to that mp3 you linked. It sounds like the guys CONSTANTLY trying to cough some crap out of his throat.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 12:09:12 am by Lysix »

Smeagol

« Reply #1123 on: June 05, 2006, 12:03:21 am »

Offline Trias

« Reply #1124 on: June 05, 2006, 12:25:38 am »
http://www.last.fm/user/Fiindil/

Discuss.

+1 from me.

oh and:

Angra - Waiting Silence

I had a terrible... 'Ohrwurm' the whole day. Hm the leo dictionary as no equivalent English translation for that... Ohrwurm literally means ear worm, so some tune you cannot get out of your head... what would be the word for that?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 12:46:13 am by Trias »