Author Topic: User Releases Collection  (Read 476125 times)

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
Re: User Releases Collection
« Reply #915 on: November 22, 2007, 02:38:16 am »
A little bullshit I made in about one hour.
Noise then drums, then guitars, then a sample I found of a poor scream.
Gonna record screamings when I'll have the time, at home or at school, dunno.
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

klegak age at 18 isthe shit poh oh oah happy newyear

MDX

« Reply #916 on: November 22, 2007, 03:05:27 am »
Nice gaz! Jeeze great sound recording quality, you lot are dark horses.

Good work, more synth ftw.

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #917 on: November 22, 2007, 02:36:34 pm »
Thx, MDX.
All samples except bass, drums and guitars are .exe, .jpeg, .html (etc) files I drag'n droped into Modplug Sample Editor.
There was no place for synths, only noises (and fortunatly, some are kinds of harmonic sounds :P).
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #918 on: November 22, 2007, 03:16:33 pm »
Really liked the sounds, very awesome!

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #919 on: November 23, 2007, 04:09:58 am »
omg gazus.
When I first opened the song I thought like "what is this shit" but still continued to listen.
Now after I heard the song two times I think that it rocks hard as hell!
I fsking lub the sorta Dustbrothers rythm you got going on there.
nice sound quality also.

Do you mind if I use that track as inspiration later on?

MDX

« Reply #920 on: November 23, 2007, 09:40:55 am »
omg gazus.
When I first opened the song I thought like "what is this shit" but still continued to listen.
I fsking lub the sorta Dustbrothers rythm you got going on there.
nice sound quality also.

Do you mind if I use that track as inspiration later on?

MaSu love, you do not get any better than that, Gazus.

Offline Niccho

• Trying is the first step towards failure
    • -Niccho-
« Reply #921 on: November 23, 2007, 11:27:19 am »
omg gazus.

I had this too :D Awesome sounds dude!

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #922 on: November 23, 2007, 09:48:27 pm »
Thx, mates. :)

Dezo > there's no problem, man. Feel free to use it as you want. :D
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #923 on: December 01, 2007, 06:22:00 am »
This thread has been quiet for about a week now, I've been listening through this stuff at work when iPod runs out of battery (which is quite often) and I have to say, it's all fantastic. Gazus, maybe I have missed the post where you say this but I was wondering what your sound setup is like? And Radicz0r, when are you next planning to be on MSN and playing guitar? :P

Anyway, I have done a few more songs:

Cats dying to jazz (I'm sorry mecha and all other cat lovers) - 4:01 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E1RWOLUG
Buragod (a remix of a song I've done for an mmorpg when I was bored) - 11:06 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9CALER9S

Best heard through decent headphones and a fair bit of bass :p
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #924 on: December 01, 2007, 01:50:23 pm »
Ant > actually, I only use my seven years old PC with the old shitty loudspeakers that were delivered with the computer.
Few times ago, one died in horrible conditions (one cable seems to be dead too or something like false contact...), so I now have to use the headphones and it's not confortable at all (I like to hear what's around me when I compose, even more since I have the pc in my room).
The guitars are recorded with Line6 Guitar Port, and I use OpenMPT for "sequencing" (trackers are not realy sequencers, ya know) for creating everything else which is not guitar. Drums are made with EZDrummer's Add-On Drumkit From Hell.
Soon I will change everything, considering I'll have a MacBook Pro (for the school) and will buy a M-Box to use Protools (since it's the soft I'll mainly have to use this year). But I will partitionnate the hard drive, so I'll be able to use Mac OS X AND Windows XP. But for now, it's only Open Modplug Tracker, a guitar, a guitar Port, headphones and a bunch of VSTi.

Edith listens to your tracks.
Buragod is interesting, too long, but enough variated to keep an interest to my ears.
I would mostly complain about the piano which sounds fake (try to use the velocity for a more real result) and about the EQ. There are too much bass. Use an EQ on the whole final wav file and reduce the bass (with a graduation from 20 Hz to about 310 Hz - ie: reduce about 50% in the very low frequencies, around 25% or less around 170 Hz and a little bit around 310 Hz).

Cats dying to jazz.
I like the synths, the SFX are nice and well used (00:23). The beat is nice but to weak, imo. Plus the hats are too much right-panned.
There again, same complain about the piano. At 1:42, the whole track sounds kinda messy, until 01:58.
Some piano melodies are very good, but they miss some coherence and variations. :)
And again, there are too much bass. Reduce them with an EQ.
From a global point of view it's a good track, which needs some improvements, but have a solid base. :)

Edit 2

Forced myself to track something with the headphones on my head (including recording guitars...).
http://bracagazus.free.fr/tracks/sanishlick.mp3
Meshuggah's Chaosphere is, of course, the main inspiration for this (unfinished) track.

Edit 3

Listening to Niccho's Gayfag.
If I were you, I wouldn't hardpan these clean guitars in the beginning. Btw, it would be interesting to put some light delay and reverb on them.
The piece is solid, not only about the skills, but the composition which reminds me Opeth and Meshuggah.
Globaly, the bassdrum is too heavy.
The clean guitar sound is pretty good, the distorded one seems to be lack of some frequencies (bass, mid or treble, I couldn't tell). Of course, it's can be just a matter of taste. :P
The drums parts are lovely.
Overall, this song is great.

Epicprog.
Same thing about the distorded guitars sound (maybe too much bass).
Musically, it's well interesting.
1:45... WTF ? Why is the melody fading out ? :(
Fortunatly, the passage that comes after is well done and the come back of the melody is delicious.
Nice following, calm and quiet passage (reminds Opeth).
WTF again ! The piano melody is very very interesting ! With changes of tonality. Could sound awfull but it works well.
The passage at 04:47 worths the listening. Epic is the word. The bass is a bit too loud at this moment.
Same about the bassdrum, I could say.
There's some clipping too. :(
Nice variation at 5:22.
Nice ending too, maybe too "short".
Overall, it's a trully piece of great music.

Complains : the sound of the guitars and the quality of the mixing/mastering (mostly for Epicprog), which don't help those tracks becoming more than great music. :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 03:18:09 pm by Gazus »
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #925 on: December 01, 2007, 08:50:19 pm »
Ant > actually, I only use my seven years old PC with the old shitty loudspeakers that were delivered with the computer.
Few times ago, one died in horrible conditions (one cable seems to be dead too or something like false contact...), so I now have to use the headphones and it's not confortable at all (I like to hear what's around me when I compose, even more since I have the pc in my room).
The guitars are recorded with Line6 Guitar Port, and I use OpenMPT for "sequencing" (trackers are not realy sequencers, ya know) for creating everything else which is not guitar. Drums are made with EZDrummer's Add-On Drumkit From Hell.
Soon I will change everything, considering I'll have a MacBook Pro (for the school) and will buy a M-Box to use Protools (since it's the soft I'll mainly have to use this year). But I will partitionnate the hard drive, so I'll be able to use Mac OS X AND Windows XP. But for now, it's only Open Modplug Tracker, a guitar, a guitar Port, headphones and a bunch of VSTi.

Wow, you do extremely well with the set-up you have, how did you learn to use MpT? I've been trying but to no avail :(

Can't wait to hear what you can do once you get that Mac either :D

Edith listens to your tracks.
Buragod is interesting, too long, but enough variated to keep an interest to my ears.
I would mostly complain about the piano which sounds fake (try to use the velocity for a more real result) and about the EQ. There are too much bass. Use an EQ on the whole final wav file and reduce the bass (with a graduation from 20 Hz to about 310 Hz - ie: reduce about 50% in the very low frequencies, around 25% or less around 170 Hz and a little bit around 310 Hz).

Cats dying to jazz.
I like the synths, the SFX are nice and well used (00:23). The beat is nice but to weak, imo. Plus the hats are too much right-panned.
There again, same complain about the piano. At 1:42, the whole track sounds kinda messy, until 01:58.
Some piano melodies are very good, but they miss some coherence and variations. :)
And again, there are too much bass. Reduce them with an EQ.
From a global point of view it's a good track, which needs some improvements, but have a solid base. :)

Yeah I went a bit crazy with the bass, my new headset has a mini subwoofer in each ear so I was just pushing it to the limit :P (without 42Hz blips)

Thanks for the advice Gazus, definitely going to take a look at these two song's Equalising and piano sounds, also going to shorten Buragod slightly and give Cats some more backing and attempt for a 'richer' sound. :)

This will be after I finish some trailer music though (Cradle Of Filth style song ftw) which I think needs to be finished soon :(
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline Gazus

• Trackers @t Work
« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2007, 08:55:14 pm »
I now use OpenMPT for about 5 years. :)
So, how do I use it ? Well, I open the software and start composing. :P
OMFG LEGO Machinae !

Offline Niccho

• -Niccho-
« Reply #927 on: December 01, 2007, 08:59:17 pm »
Forced myself to track something with the headphones on my head (including recording guitars...).
http://bracagazus.free.fr/tracks/sanishlick.mp3
Meshuggah's Chaosphere is, of course, the main inspiration for this (unfinished) track.

Shit this stuff is good! I can see the meshuggah influences there.. AWESOME!

EDIT: Oh yeah i made a Myspace site for myself. Theres no new songs yet but anyways.. yeah..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:36:41 pm by Niccho »

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #928 on: December 02, 2007, 12:06:04 am »
I never posted anything here, so here's my latest work, a jingle bells parody:

http://freedownloads.last.fm/download/144598497/Pada%2B%25C5%259Bnieg.mp3

Of course it's in polish, so you won't understand anything! Mwahwahwahwa. And the instrumental track is stolen, as I'm not very creative when it comes to doing my own beats.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:08:44 am by yasiekk »

Offline Niccho

• -Niccho-
« Reply #929 on: December 02, 2007, 12:32:12 am »
I never posted anything here, so here's my latest work, a jingle bells parody:

http://freedownloads.last.fm/download/144598497/Pada%2B%25C5%259Bnieg.mp3

Of course it's in polish, so you won't understand anything! Mwahwahwahwa. And the instrumental track is stolen, as I'm not very creative when it comes to doing my own beats.

I did understand the 'kurwa mac' parts :D