Author Topic: User Releases Collection  (Read 478693 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Re: User Releases Collection
« Reply #405 on: June 14, 2006, 08:42:24 am »
Well, Caduceus, it hasn't occured to me, because I really enjoy singing. I know I'm really not very good at the moment (although I've had some people who I've talked to on AIM say I am :P). I'd like to improve enough, so that people don't cringe when they hear my voice. As I said, I really enjoy singing, so I'm sticking with it, and working on improving.

Hahaha. Yeah, I do need more practice, Fallout. And I have been practicing. And hopefully it's been doing SOMETHING for me. I think it has helped a little.

I'm glad you have a sense of humour, I was only kidding with ya :D It's cool that you accept that you need practice, and I guess if you just keep at it, then you'll get it eventually.

My advice:
You kinda sound like you're talking to someone though instead of singing..
Do you live with your parents? Dont let them get in the way of your singing, just go all out and sing from your heart, instead of thinking "am i being too loud?"

I hope I helped, dude. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 09:22:19 am by Fallout »

Offline iikori

• The official homepage of Ivan Dolowitz!
« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2006, 11:23:32 pm »
Ok i was suggested by Fallout to upload this, a bit from my music coursework done with QuadraSiD so it's in a 8-bit and i love it :D
I'm not being big-headed :|

anyway here's link: http://nothing.1g.fi/Caduceus/Arcade%20Tune.wav

EDIT: If i get enough good comments, i will post the finished piece 26th of June

Have you considered adding somekind of noise/drum track in order to keep the tune more alive. I also sense some odd variations in the rythm and sometimes it just sounds like it's abit off the rythm. Lot's of melodies, that's good. And some filterwork as well. Arpeggio sounds are totally missing here, you've gotta have those in a cheesy c64 hit tune, imho.

The song stops without a warning, that's just creepy man. Still, It's a decend coursework and somehow (just a little) different from the "normal" c64 tunes. I hope you'll finish this, and post the final version.
Insert annoying GIF-animation here.

Check out the official homepage of Ivan Dolowitz:
http://myy.slk.fi/~s0300727/ID/

Q: What is the noise that makes my neighbourgs unable to sleep?
A: http://www.last.fm/user/Ivan_Dolowitz/

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #407 on: June 16, 2006, 03:05:59 am »
Thanks iikori for your input :D

It only stops abruptly because strings come in and i have a veryevil tune after it  :-X

Because of Cubase SX's crapness i can only add 3 midi tracks before the rest just have either no sound or techno drum kit, which i despise

When it goes off rhythm is it when it goes out of key, sort of middle-eight part, if it is that was delibrate because my coursework requires syncopation in rhythm and there is none anywhere else in my courework so had to be done there unfortunately :(

Arpeggio sounds are covered in my 'Travelling part' of my coursework....I forgot to say aswell it's for a generic RPG game :D
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline dgt83

• MySpace
« Reply #408 on: June 16, 2006, 04:15:13 pm »
OK, In the right thread now...

Hey people, back again. Havent been on the forum for a little while, busy at work n shit...
Please check out my latest tune on MySpace, its called 'In a heartbeat'. I think sounds it quite nice (it is in a sort of pre finished state though, i plan to add to it and give a proper ending).
Anywayz, as usual, please comment/critisise if u want, and by all means add me if ur registered to myspace...

If you are registered with Myspace, comments/critisism would be greatly appreciated...

Offline dgt83

• MySpace
« Reply #409 on: June 16, 2006, 10:13:53 pm »
In answer to Lysix, I dunno why i keep putting "..." after my sentences. Its a habit I guess.
 ::) Can i point out though that I dont do it with ALL my sentences...  :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 10:15:53 pm by dgt83 »

If you are registered with Myspace, comments/critisism would be greatly appreciated...

Offline dgt83

• MySpace
« Reply #410 on: June 16, 2006, 10:43:14 pm »
Getting back to the music though... Ive re-uploaded "In a heartbeat" as Ive lengthened the end part and fiddled a tiny bit with levels.

Oh, and Caduceus, I like the track and it would be nice to hear the finished piece. Although, I agree with iikori that it could do with a noise/drum track. If you can't do it with cubase (which i'm sure theres some way to add more midi tracks - saying that I'm not a regular user of cubase), is there not any way that you could use another external program maybe for your drum track?

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2006, 07:19:05 pm »
In answer to Lysix, I dunno why i keep putting "..." after my sentences. Its a habit I guess.
 ::) Can i point out though that I dont do it with ALL my sentences...  :P
Its because he doesn't wants to be understood and it gives him this enigmatic ambience.

MDX

« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2006, 07:19:50 pm »
Im doing my rounds, and following rad around the threads. and i must say. this is his best post today.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2006, 07:26:29 pm »
You.. STALKING... person !

I need some aspine.

Or a beer.

Offline not12x

• Propogating via osmosis
    • Yojne : Photography
« Reply #414 on: June 22, 2006, 01:31:33 am »
Im doing my rounds, and following rad around the threads. and i must say. this is his best post today.

indeed this is quoteworthy.

*adds something worthwhile to the conversation*

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #415 on: June 23, 2006, 02:16:59 am »
So spam, Rivasz, since you're online, post a song here.

Offline rivasz.gergo

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2006, 12:53:26 pm »
Hi! I'm working on the reggae/ska version of Hero :D (but just in Guitar Pro yet)

Hey I wanna ask a question for you guys, what do you think about making a MACHINAE Song Remix Contest? Good or bad idea, or who are interested in a contest like this?
for ex. we choose a song, and then we have to WRITE another song using the choosen song's melody or tunes, in another style (techno, reggae, pop, country, and so on in many many styles...) I'll think it will be fun :)

Offline Ant

• Donated so refic can buy beer
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • It's personal text.
« Reply #417 on: June 23, 2006, 01:10:32 pm »
I'd definitely be up for that, but the band would also have to agree with this because it could be infringing copyright
But if one day we meet together while I'm drunk, I promise you to draw a big group sex picture including a lot of forumites. :D

Ich bin ein Berliner, Frankfurter, Hamburger und Bonner

Offline rivasz.gergo

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #418 on: June 23, 2006, 01:18:20 pm »
we don't use remixes to make money, just published here on the forum, so any agree needed...you don't need agrees to tabbing machinae song in guitar pro neither...
...and my question wasn't that about :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:21:46 pm by rivasz.gergo »

Offline greasemonkey

• I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'l crack ya teeth
« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2006, 03:59:54 pm »
i just came up with this:
e|o---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------o|
B|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5---|
A|---------8-------7---------8-------7-------3h5----------8-------7-------8--------7----------|
E|o--0--0----0--0----0--0----0--0----0--0--------0--0-----0--0----0--0----0--0----0--0---o|
       *   *     *  *     *   *    *   *     *   *         *   *      *   *    *   *     *   *     *   *
and it continues forever...or you can finish it off with something cool.