Author Topic: Zelda: Twilight Princess (!!!)  (Read 9994 times)

Lexx

Zelda: Twilight Princess (!!!)
« on: May 23, 2005, 07:49:16 pm »
Omg, just watched the E3 trailer for the new Zelda, I think I just came.. I'll not ruin the suprise:

http://www.zelda.com/universe/game/legendzelda/

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess (!!!)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 08:50:34 pm »
crappy streaming... anyone got a link to a downloadable version?

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 08:55:15 pm »
its u who got crappy internet  ;D

omgomg cool game :O

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 08:59:37 pm »
I downloaded mine from Gametrailers.com.... and then I pre-ordered it. OMFG. I haven't been this excited about a game for a long time.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 09:25:54 pm »
OMG! just downloaded the Gametrailers vid and it looks farking good.

* SomethingGood hugs his £30 gamecube

Offline Mevoki

• Dancing shrimp!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 11:23:32 pm »
Whoa.. looks really nifty
I don't like the title though.. twilight princess doesn't sound like Zelda, more like Barbie: Twilight Princess :P
Hope they change the name into something... niftier
Jag är den onda knä-hamstern

Offline Spiff

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 01:06:03 am »
Here are some more videos. I think the roundtable discussion on the game is also among these videos (don't forget to click "next page").

The "Twilight" is a world, or dimension, separate from Hyrule. Sort of like the Dark World in LTTP maybe. All I know is that it's intgral to the story, and when Link first passes over into the Twilight, he gets turned into a wolf, but gets rescued by a mysterios girl with odd powers.

Here's what I know (some spoilers maybe, I dunno): Link starts out as a ranch hand, in a remote village outside Hyrule. He wears ordinary clothes customary to taht village. His adventure begins when he's asked to attend some meeting on the behalf of the village leader, and appereantly there's a girl he likes - in one video from E3, he showed one of his most emotionally convincing faces when talking to her I've seen in a Zelda game, even if it was brief - I hope he continues to show more emotion than in previous games, and this time there appears to be a girl that Link openly likes.

Zelda's in the game, and one official concept art shows her holding a sword. Ganondorf hasn't been mentioned yet, but he may be part of the plot. The world is so vast that Link almost has to use his horse (which you can name yourself) to cross it, Anouma says. Hyrule field itself is humongous. One of the E3 demos, the horseback fight with a boss and his boar-riding minions armed with fire arrows, took palce in Hyrule field. Link can now use horseback swordplay, and Epona seems to be more easily controlled than before.

The game is "darker" than before, but not  to excaggeration. This is Zelda we're talking about after all. No blood or anything. One of the E3 demos showed Link's girl interest being shot with an arrow in the back, and taken away along with a smaller boy. The boy appeared again later, unconscious and tied to the top of the spear of the boss in command of the boar-riding minions that fought Link on Hyrule field.

I sincerely hope that this game won't feel like a repetition of Ocarina of Time - that the dungeons will have the same old puzzles, that the bosses will be the same old thing, that the plot will incorporate Zelda being kidnapped. I want her to put up a fight like she did in Wind Waker! I have faith in being proven wrong, though; the way to fight the boss of the Forest Temple was quite cool. Anouma says that they want to surpass Ocarina of Time - if they succeed in beating my most favourite game ever, I'll be in videogame heaven. :) They say that they are working heavily on perfecting the game, smoothing out the stiff-looking animations and stuff. So this game is indeed looking very, very promising.

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 09:08:22 am »
The 30 minute preview thingy I saw on Fileplanet was very awesome.  Many of my friends have bought Gamecubes soley for the purpose of owning this game.  Let's hope it rocks :)

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 06:20:41 pm »
it will definitly make mee feel better about getting up at 3 a.m. to buy a gamecube the day it came out

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 08:02:25 pm »
i bought a gamecube for resi 4... i guess this is just a huge bonus. i absolutely loved the n64 version... although the current gc one left me feeling somewhat unfulfilled. this one looks like it'll put things right though. ;D

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 11:02:00 pm »
I cant exactly rememebr why I bought a gamecube but I've never been disapointed in it, this looks awesome!!!

Offline Mevoki

• Dancing shrimp!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 11:30:37 pm »
I bought a gamecube to make toasts.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 11:50:04 pm »

* SomethingGood gives Mevoki an imaginary applaud

Offline Mevoki

• Dancing shrimp!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 12:12:38 am »

* SomethingGood gives Mevoki an imaginary applaud

* Mevoki gives SomethingGood (formerly known as Jammin) an imaginary toast with marmalade

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 12:19:02 am »
* SomethingGood gets angry because he hates marmalade