Author Topic: Zelda: Twilight Princess (!!!)  (Read 8676 times)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess (!!!)
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 09:04:40 pm »
Mine is SO going to be called Binky. I dont think theres any need to award points to whoever gets that reference  :P

Offline D14BL0

• D14BL0
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2005, 02:45:27 pm »
I think this game's kinda straying from the classic "Zelda" theme with the whole aliens from the digital realm thing. I mean, Zelda has always been about fantasy, as opposed to sci-fi.

I dunno, though. I'm sure Nintendo will pull off something great. I mean, they managed to move away from the classic graphic styles for Wind Waker and still make it a great game, so maybe moving away from the classic environment scheme for one game might be interesting, as well. Either way, I can't wait to get this game.

Also, there's rumors floating around that when you pre-order the game, you'll get a special bonus disc, (like when you pre-ordered Wind Waker, you got OoT and Master Quest) and it will have the Wind Waker game done in the new graphic style, as opposed to the cel shading. Has anybody else heard these rumors, or is able to confirm/deny this? If this is true, then buying the new game would be worth the new Wind Waker, alone. =P

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2005, 03:06:00 am »
i find that difficult to believe...

Offline Spiff

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2005, 03:36:21 am »
I'm afraid those rumors are very old - they first stated that you'd recieve a bonus disc with a completely revamped Ocarina of Time when you preordered Wind Waker. There were also some 3D renders accompanying the rumor that became quite famous.

Um, I don't see any sci-fi in the new Zelda. There's the Twilight, like the Dark World in Link to the Past, and some dark evil creatures, and that's it. I've only seen some "digital" effect when the monsters appear from the Twilight, and that may just be temporary graphics. Everything is basically the classic Zelda style, it's evident if you watch the 30 minutes of game footage with commentary that most game sites have from the latest E3. Horseback sword battles, calm towns with NPCs, a giant Hyrule field, the distinct medieval fantasy feel to it, etc. But I wouldn't worry either way, I've loved every Zelda game so far (except the CD-I ones).

VistionThing: Is Binky a reference to Garfield the cat? *Gets no points regardless of if he's right or not* :D

Offline D14BL0

• D14BL0
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2005, 04:05:30 am »
Could you provide a link to that 30 minute video you mentioned? I'd like to take a look at that.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2005, 08:43:44 am »
(except the CD-I ones).
They don't count.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Spiff

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2005, 03:44:28 am »
Could you provide a link to that 30 minute video you mentioned? I'd like to take a look at that.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html
The videos labelled "Direct-Feed (E3 2005)" are all parts of an interview, where they discuss the game with Miyamoto and the gang. Keep clicking "next page" and you'll got more of them, there are 16 parts. There are some new trailers among those videos too, I think.